+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wordpress Blogs and Firefox

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Smile Wordpress Blogs and Firefox

I was wondering if anybody else is having problems with their Wordpress Blogs and using Firefox. I've had trouble just getting the Wordpress Admin page to load. It just doesn't connect and says to check my server status. I'm using Matting Blaze Hosting and when I check there everything appears to be fine. Could this be a problem just with Firefox? Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Reggie,

The easiest way to test if this is firefox would be to try to resolve the problem by using another browser (IE, Opera, Chrome, Safari.)

Thanks,

Richard

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Were you able to resolve this? Were you able to test in other browsers? for WordPress a lot depends on the version of WordPress you are running, the version of the browser you are running, and what plugins you have installed both in WordPress as well as in Firefox. Let me know if you are still having issues...

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hey there.

You can use services like browsershots.org to check if it is only your computer that is having issues.

I am using browsershots a lot because I am front end developer. Besides that, it is free
    Michael

Front End Developer
    Focus: Front End Performance Optimizing

Strength: HTML/CSS

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    It could also be the theme.. if it's a poorly designed theme, you could have problems with it loading.. I use themes from StudioPress and have never had issues connecting.. as Michael said above, browsershots.org is also a great way to test browsers for compatibility.
    Last edited by Chris Derenberger; 02-07-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: poor grammer.. :)

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    In addition to Broswershots, if anyone has seen Adobe Browser Lab it is really great. I love it for comparing cross browser compatibility.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I use Wordpress and have no problem with Firefox. My you should try using alternate browser like Google Chrome.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Check out your blog using another browser, this might be the browser fault.

+ Reply to Thread