+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question? What Is The Best Way To Trigger A Sale On A Sales Letter.?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Question? What Is The Best Way To Trigger A Sale On A Sales Letter.?

Hello JV Notify Crew,

As the name implies, a sales letter's primary purpose is to accomplish a sale, when a potential customer visits the landing page, designated as the sales letter. Thus, my question is this, What is the best way to trigger a sale on a sales letter? I've listed some methods below, that I feel, in my own opinion all add up to trigger a sale, but I need suggestions and inputs, based on your experience as either a buyer/seller of IM products. What in your own opinion, on a sales letter, triggers that urge in you to click on the "Buy Now", "Add To Cart" or "Pay Now" button and type in your credit card details.

1) A Sales Letter, with a Rags to Riches Headline: "Former Wal-Mart Janitor Accidently, Stumbles On A Loophole....blah blah blah LOL...

2) A Sales Letter With An Under-dog approach: "Just Fifteen (15) Years Old, but Rakes In Six Figures, blah blah blah

3) A Sales letter with a narrative video, all in plain text or text and animation

4) A sales letter, with a video, showing the creator of the IM product talking live.

5) A sales letter with "Proof of Income(s)"

6) A Sales Letter with plain text testimonials, with or without pictures of testimonial givers.

7) A sales letter with video testimonials of actual buyers of the product.

8) A sales letter, with Payment buttons with "Money Back Guarantee", "VeriSign Secured", "Hacker Safe" "Tested Against Fraud" (Internet Marketers are damn good and creative )

9) A sales letter with Video(s) of the IM Product creator, living the red carpet lifestyle and popping Moet/Dom Perignon

These are the few I can remember, "The Proof Of Income" kind of made me flash my credit card back then when I first started out as a green horn in the IM world

So, please, what is the best way to trigger a sale, that will work like magic and the customer will be more than happy to type in those credit card numbers.

Thanks for your suggestions and opinions.
    Richefeller

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Question? What Is The Best Way To Trigger A Sale On A Sales Letter.?

Victor,

the only good answer to your question would be: a combination of the above.

There are different kinds of markets, with different kinds of customers, different competitors and different buying motives. The best way to sell in any market is the age-old AIDA formula.

In markets that are used to hard-sell salescopy, like the internet marketing crowd you might want to try 'hybrid sales-techniques'. Instead of the typical salesletter or video, try editorials, or a mix of PDF's, teleseminars, articles, etcetera.

As for my personal liking... I like stories. Good stories. Not the one's you read in today's salescopy. Like the former-PayPal employee from a recent launch. The story has to be believable, the persons in it should have traits that I can identify to.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hello Victor,

I will like to argue from another point of view entirely. It will like to say, it also depend on who promote your product/service. There are some trusted name (I will not mention names) in IM niche for instant that whenever they recommend a product, the subscribers will always buy regardless of how good or bad the salespage look. This is because they have built trust over time.

Therefore, One might have the best sales copy in the world, if not marketed properly through the right people and the right channels, it will just become another free online brochure/sales copy sample other people use as a model to write theirs.

Hope that sound reasonable!

Warm Regards,
    Olusegun Balogun
    Push A Buttom And Transform Your Newly Installed Wordpress Into Content Blog In Seconds With WP Simplicity - New Powerful Wordpress Plugin With Push A Buttom. Download The Wordpress Plugin Here For Free @ http://wpsimplicity.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

@ Dave Lianelli,

Thanks for your insight into the AIDA approach it works pretty well I guess and the "Hybrid Sales Technique(s)", is well accepted as well. A good story can be very captivating as well, thus I for one, I'm impressed with a sales copy with a good story approach.

@ Olusegun Balogun,
    Nice one, the place of Trust can never be dispense with or questioned, I've bought IM products myself, based on Trust or recommendation from a source of authourity; like you rightly said, whether the IM product is good or bad is immaterial (true, most times you can not even contemplate requesting for a refund). I once bought an IM product from a notable super affiliate of repute, the software had glitches, most buyers contacted him about the glitches, but he couldn't profer solutions (insisting, the software was in a beta testing phase), but I'm not one to give up easily, I battled with the software for four (4) days and I was able to get the software to work finally, thus, I did him a favour by posting detailed outline on how i got the software to work on his Blog. So you're right, Trust matters as well, even when you mess up, people are willing to excuse your shortcomings.
    Richefeller

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Richefeller Cheke
    Hello JV Notify Crew,

As the name implies, a sales letter's primary purpose is to accomplish a sale, when a potential customer visits the landing page, designated as the sales letter. Thus, my question is this, What is the best way to trigger a sale on a sales letter? I've listed some methods below, that I feel, in my own opinion all add up to trigger a sale, but I need suggestions and inputs, based on your experience as either a buyer/seller of IM products. What in your own opinion, on a sales letter, triggers that urge in you to click on the "Buy Now", "Add To Cart" or "Pay Now" button and type in your credit card details.

1) A Sales Letter, with a Rags to Riches Headline: "Former Wal-Mart Janitor Accidently, Stumbles On A Loophole....blah blah blah LOL...

2) A Sales Letter With An Under-dog approach: "Just Fifteen (15) Years Old, but Rakes In Six Figures, blah blah blah

3) A Sales letter with a narrative video, all in plain text or text and animation

4) A sales letter, with a video, showing the creator of the IM product talking live.

5) A sales letter with "Proof of Income(s)"

6) A Sales Letter with plain text testimonials, with or without pictures of testimonial givers.

7) A sales letter with video testimonials of actual buyers of the product.

8) A sales letter, with Payment buttons with "Money Back Guarantee", "VeriSign Secured", "Hacker Safe" "Tested Against Fraud" (Internet Marketers are damn good and creative )

9) A sales letter with Video(s) of the IM Product creator, living the red carpet lifestyle and popping Moet/Dom Perignon

These are the few I can remember, "The Proof Of Income" kind of made me flash my credit card back then when I first started out as a green horn in the IM world

So, please, what is the best way to trigger a sale, that will work like magic and the customer will be more than happy to type in those credit card numbers.

Thanks for your suggestions and opinions.
    I was reading this and thinking, "it entirely depends on the audience' when I saw 'proof of income' and thought, "that only works on newbies' and then read what you wrote about how that worked on you when you were green yourself.

One thing I have found is that using pre-launch free line content spread across the variety of formats (written word, video, audio, and live interaction delivery like teleconferences and webinars) will give the best insight into how to deliver your sales messages based on the response you get for each of the free line content offers.

Hope that helps a bit.

-Dani

+ Reply to Thread