+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brainstorming for creating products

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Brainstorming for creating products

I'm looking to start some brainstorming ideas for product creation.

I've done a few launches now, and I can usually plan out exactly what my product is going to look like before I start creating it myself and outsourcing parts of it to others.

What do you guys do? How do you think up new product ideas? Do you look at everyone else' launch and think "hey I can do something similar to that" or do you research potential new projects in other ways?

Chris
    Chris Freville

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Brainstorming for creating products

I'm creating a product right now around my latest marketing techniques.

There's always a new idea, or a new twist to something. So why not put it into a good ebook

Phil
    If you're interested in learning Advanced CPA Marketing tactics then visit http://cpa-coach.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I have a few ideas for new products right now. When I poke around the Warrior Forum and see many people with basic questions such as how to do this in Wordpress or how to generate traffic, etc., I see potential for a whole line of short reports. When I look to existing products by top marketers, I sometimes find them lacking because they just don't make it easy for some people to learn.

My next (well..first actually :P) product, I hope, will be a complete chronicle of a successful affiliate campaign. I'll be including the exact steps I took to construct my campaign from the ground up, what sites I visited, what tools I used, how much money I spent, etc.

Your questions really get the gears turning because it just reminded me of something I read about Google and Facebook. Both are leaders in their respective fields, and yet, neither of them were original. Search engines such as Altavista and Yahoo existed before Google was born while social networking sites such as Myspace were out before Facebook existed. So, perhaps you should look at existing products and business models, then think about how to do it better.

Good luck,
    Curtis
    Curtis Ng (blog) - Product Launch Manager

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I think it is critical to keep in mind that the market dictates what will sell. I have often heard people say I am going to do x or y and the research doesn't support it.

I look around and observe what the market is after and try to provide that. In my fitness stuff everybody wants abs..simple I make an abs product...

In the IM niche people want a money making solution...but further examination shows they want help implementing the solution and in many cases by a human on the other end

Todd

A Short URL Service Specifically For Marketers

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Shamelessly I agree that I do copy some techniques
    in launches of other marketers. Even some time the
    best font type and size.

I closely watch what is their product, OTO, Thankyou page,
    follow ups, and finally implement a mixed marketing technique
    of my own. But in terms of 50-50
    they never work . (since I use my technique too)

But this is true that if you watch your competitor or fellow
    marketers move, you will learn a lot form that.

For example I even find new traffic sources for my site
    by reviewing the referrer statistics of some sites that
    displays it publicly.

There is nothing wrong in copying a NON-Copyrighted tricks

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I look for new easy ways to make cash quick. That's what everybody wants so that's what I do. I spend my time looking for quick easy ways to make money guaranteed.

I also have found that creating an ebook with video of you actually doing the methods sells much better.

These products sell like crazy especially as a WSO.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I think that it depends what market you're getting into. If it's a "make money online" or "work from home" product, then it's very easy to take different theories from other products and mix them to make your own. I sort of did this with my ClickBank Reaper product, but also added some personal advice and tips that I had never seen before. So you almost want to "1-up" your competitors in this market.

However, if you decide to go into something like a "baseball training video" niche, then you will have to come up with your own ideas and methods based upon what YOU know. I hear some people say it depends what the market wants, but at the same time, it's the internet! People look for anything and everything! SO I like to always tell others to find out one thing you're good at and write a book on it. Once you decide what you're good at, and then differentiate yourself from the market. If your competition has a variety of low grade websites, then simply create your product and make your website more appealing. If their product is poor, then make yours better. You have to research whatever market you are about to get into, and then identify your competitions' weakness(es). Once you do that, you will be on top of the game. It's just hard to tell you how to create a product when I don't know what niche you're in.

You also have to think about how to promote your product after you've created it. A "make money online" type website will NOT work as well in the "baseball" niche. So your product will sell simply based upon you meeting the needs of the comnsumer while also delivering a product that abosolutely KILLS your competitors. It's easier said than done, but let me know what niche you were thinking about getting into, and then it will be easier to tell you how to create and promote it.

Lastly, you cannot promote a niche other than "make money online" products by using the guys on JVNP. Your best bet would be trying to do PPC and offline advertising for niches that don't apply to making money. I created thebaseballdoctor.com and never wanted to do JV's on it. The reason is that this product did better by promoting it to baseball fields, sponsoring teams, PPC, and SEO. It all depends on your niche, and what target market you are trying to appeal to.

I hope this helps, but you are welcome to post back on her with further questions and I will try my best to give you accurate advice on what to do exactly. But if you want to create a "make money online" type product, then you are at the right place. Find people on here that want to promote your product, and get them to promote to their lists.

Alan
    ClickBankReaper.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I agree with Curtis Ng. If you do some research on forums in your niche, then people are telling you what there problems are. Then you can kinda cheat by looking at clickbanks products to see what there selling and how well it sold. You can get some good Ideas that way.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Freville
    I'm looking to start some brainstorming ideas for product creation.

I've done a few launches now, and I can usually plan out exactly what my product is going to look like before I start creating it myself and outsourcing parts of it to others.

What do you guys do? How do you think up new product ideas? Do you look at everyone else' launch and think "hey I can do something similar to that" or do you research potential new projects in other ways?

Chris
    When creating a product I also take into account what i read from the news - what people are saying about a particular niche, is it growing or diminishing...
    Meditation Audio Course<br />$100 Launch Bonus for the first affiliate who makes the 10 sales. Currently paying $33/sale (75%)<br />http://tinyurl.com/8qf3ee

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Do you have any interest in working from the ground level at launching someone else's product/service??

If you do, check out this thread: http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community...ic,1462.0.html

We are looking for someone with some experience like you! Love to hear your thoughts...

Cheers,
    Kc
    My signature is taking a break...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast