PDA

View Full Version : Which payment provider do you recommend?

Chris Freville
03-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I have experience of the following:
Clickbank
PayDotCom
2CheckOut
but I'd like to know what else fellow JVNP members recommend for IM launches?

One thing to consider is the availability of 1st tier / 2nd tier commissions
Another thing to consider is ability to credit affiliates for OTO's

Clickbank works well, but too many people buy via their own link and/or go directly to CB for refunds.

PayDotCom is a bit flakey and is not always up and running 100% of the time. PDC uses Paypal for the payments, and Paypal has its share of problems too. One of which is not always re-directing the customer to your download page after collecting payment!

2checkout seems ok for niche products (without jv partners), but I have no experience of using it for jv partners/affiliates.

I have a OneShoppingCart account (private label), which can handle affiliates, but I'm not sure how best to set this up, and which Gateway provider to use?

So, the choices are:
Clickbank
PayDotCom
2CheckOut
1shoppingcart + ?
or ..................please advise me!

Chris Douthit
03-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I have used ClickBank in the past, but I don’t plan on using it for any future projects. I like how they handle all the affiliate payments for you, but on the down side you cannot ever contact those affiliates. Most people also pay with PayPal with ClickBank, however I have not really had any issues with PayPal itself, but if you do that’s something to keep in mind. For me PayPal always works smoothly.

PayDotCom is good, but yes it is flakey, I frequently get people saying they never made it to the download page. I am usually very quick on support, so it’s usually not that large of a problem.

I don’t really like 2checkout, I don’t really like the interface or the checkout. Plus with 2checkout there is a way to pass fraud orders. I use to always get emails from 2checkout everyday saying that the order was fraud and that I should not ship the product.

I have never used 1shoppingcart, but heard it was good.

Another processor that is very good is esellerate.net. They give you more customizing features than you know what to do with.

Not to confuse you even more, here is a list of several others you can choose from.

http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.20/20.12/ECommercePartner/index.html

http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.21/21.01/ECommercePartnerII/index.html

But to answer your question, for my next project I am using aMember script with PayPal, and using a JAM affiliate system.

charleskirkland
03-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I really authrize.net since they don't care about the 2nd tier setup. Plus it works great with BFM.

I do like the leverage of clickbank but now knowing your affiliates can be a problem. This make is hard to use them for the next launch. But people love it and they do make life easy for some people.

I have used paypal payments pro with 1 shopping cart on a number of sites and it works great.

PayDotCom is something I don't like or use. It seems flakey to me. Glad I'm not the only one.

2checkout needs some work I can't ever figure out what I'm doing.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

Chris Douthit
03-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I also forgot, PayDotCom support is the worst ever. I have written the same ticket to them 4 times over the last 3 weeks. Still none of them have been answered.

Stephan Smith
03-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I currently use PayDotCom for my payment processor. I have no problems as of yet but its very alarming to know that their customer service is poor. :o

Chris Douthit
03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Their support may by the worst I have ever seen anywhere. I have submitted 4 tickets to PayDotCom since mid February and still all the tickets say open ticket still with no responses.

It’s a pressing issue too, for some reason one of my affiliates is not getting credit or his sales. They are showing up as sales in his affiliate account but not my vender account. I need to resolve the issue with the affiliate, but Im sure I am going to lose him because PayDotCom wont answer my email or help me with the situation.

If I was him I wouldn’t stick around, having to deal with this without any resolutions. Thanks PayDotCom, you could at least answer your tickets once a week.

Torched
03-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Maybe its just the control freak inside of me but IMO nothing beats a merchant account. With most payment services your at their mercy in terms of the product, sales page, contact with customers and affiliates, no questions asked chargebacks, and everybody knows at least 1 person with a paypal nightmare story. Of course the downside of having more control is that you have more responsibility but IMO its worth the extra effort.

charleskirkland
03-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Torched is right about having your own merchant acount. I got my merchant acount through http://powerpay.biz/

I went with then because Mike Filsaime gave them his blessing in the Butterfly Marketing Manuscript.

Thanks
Charles

ScottTrimble
03-12-2008, 05:18 PM
We use 2checkout and we're pretty happy with them. Support is great and really, no complaints. Refunds go through us, even if they're requested through 2co. As for affiliates go, we use an outside software that tracks this for us.

Bobby Walker
03-22-2008, 01:27 AM
I also use PayDotCom and no problems
so far.

I have had a couple of people say they
never made it to the download page, but
other than that, it's been good.

I don't like having to download the mass
pay file to pay all my affiliates.

On the other hand, I do like the broadcast
function to all your affiliates.

I think if they could find a way to handle payments
for you , it wouldn't be a bad affiliate
merchant.

Bobby

charleskirkland
03-22-2008, 11:05 PM
I have never used Google Checkout.

But do you know of anybody who has? And if so what was there thoughts about it?

Charles

Chris Douthit
03-24-2008, 01:31 AM
I have never used google checkout, but everyone I know who has say they like it. The only problem is people paying must also have a google checkout account or they must create one.

I am also thinking about betting my own merchant account, I looked at powerpay but they dont have their fees posted. I dont know why it seems like 75% of merchant services dont. Charles, are you using it with Authorize.net?

Ralf Skirr
03-24-2008, 07:39 AM
I don’t really like 2checkout, I don’t really like the interface or the checkout.

A few months ago their checkout pages and procedure was horrible, but they have changed it and it is much more streamlined now. Although not even close to the easy checkout of clickbank.

Regarding clickbank: you could use it for payment processing while at the same time building your own affiliate list using an affiliate software.

I use JVManager/Fantasos for my sales process and affiliate management and use 2CO, paypal and clickbank as payment processors.

Ralf

charleskirkland
03-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Chris

I'm using Authorize.net on a few of my sites and I love it. The fees are so small next to clickbank and most others.

As far as the fees from PowerPay I'm thinking there is none. I do have to pay for the gateway fees and some others but it is less then $70 per month so it is a really deal for me.

Thanks
Charles

Mike Merz
03-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Many choose ClickBank for low ticket digital products simply due to it's simplicity ... though they are neither cheap nor perfect. Same with PayDotCom.

Paypal as a processor is fine for single tier promotions that are free from any red flags that might trigger a freeze ... once again, not cheap nor perfect ... but so easy. ;)

aMember is cool membership software, IMHO ... List Virus ... Butterfly script (w/ Becky Dielman's mod) ... Rapid Action Profits ... Fantasos

Fellow JVNP partner Egidijus runs www.Click2Sell.EU ... has anyone tried it here? ... how about www.paysimple.com/ ?

1SC is obviously a choice, though their autoresponder and affiliate modules leave much to be desired ... GoldBar One is a worthy alternative.

Frank Kern, Yanik Silver, Jeff Walker, Mark Joyner and others of repute count on Paul Galloway and his Synergyx script ... sometimes in conjunction with 1SC and AWeber.

I've always liked Ultimate Affiliate ... though it has not been updated in years. Jeremy and Simon of Marketing Main Event have a modified version of it I like.

Enough rambling .. ;)

Best,

Mike

Chris Douthit
03-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I set up a Click2Sell.eu account just to test it out. Its very much like paydotcom but you can ad several different payment processors. You can sell with paypal, moneybookers, authorize.net worldpay and their may be a couple more.

On the down side I didn’t like how you could only contact your affiliates one by one, but I guess that’s better then clickbank that offers no contact at all. Their site also looked incomplete. Several pages were messed up looking with text outside the boarders, etc. I figured if design has flaws perhaps the program does as well. I didn’t really want to be one of the original testers so I decided not to use them.

Chris Freville
03-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Has anybody used Launch Formula Marketing ?

I've heard good things about it, but I'm not sure how the payment is taken? Does it interface with paypal or do you need a merchant account or something?

charleskirkland
03-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Chris

I spent a weekend with Robert back in January of this year and from what he told me it takes paypal, clickbank, anthrize.net.

I know the people that do have it love it.

Thanks
Charles

Chris Freville
04-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Charles,

I think I've got this right......?

Launch Formula Marketing is a great tool for tracking JV partners / Affiliate sales etc, but when it comes to actually collecting the money from the customer then I have a free range:

Paypal / CB / Authorize.net / 2checkout

I think CB may not authorize my next product as its all about list building (so I'm told), so I'm looking for a recommended merchant provider.

I have experience of Paypal and 2checkout.

What's Authorize.net like?

...or any others?

charleskirkland
04-01-2008, 09:48 AM
I love authrize.net I got my account setup through paypay.biz, they took care of all the paper and setup for free. So I was happy about that.

The only thing I don't like is that PowerPay requires that I have my phone number on the site. I like to handle things through email but that is just a samll trade off.

Charles

Chris Freville
04-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Do you mean paypay.biz ? That redirects to some holding page.

charleskirkland
04-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Sorry about that

http://powerpay.biz/

Charles