PDA

View Full Version : What are you suppose to do when an affiliate spams?

Chris Douthit
01-17-2008, 04:11 AM
I just got notified this week that my site was reported for spamming. I want to spamhaus and found an email promoting my site with a clickbank affiliate link in it.

This is obviously an affiliate I don’t want. This happened to me a couple of years ago, so I know how to handle the situation. I just wanted to rant that I find it totally bogus that my IP is blacklisted for a week while I get mess straitened out. Especially when it was all caused by someone who I don’t know, have no idea what his name is, his contact info, just a clickbank nickname.

Has this happened to anyone else?

charleskirkland
01-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Yes, I had to ask clickbank to ban a affiliate a while back. They took care of it right away.

Charles

Torched
01-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Yea it can be a real pain, I learned my lesson a long time ago that its always a good idea to state clearly on the affiliate page that spam will not be tolerated and anyone caught spamming will be reported to their ISP, clickbank, and the authorities at the city, state, and federal level. Since then I haven't had any problems :)

Sam Sterling
01-30-2008, 07:00 AM
Hey there,

ClickBank are very quick to ban affiliates that spam.

Also, you should put a prominent notice on your affiliate page that firmly and politely tells your affiliates not to spam.

Take care,
Sam

Sean I. Mitchell
02-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Put your helmet on and move forward. It's bound to happen sooner or later...sad but true reality of the IM/affiliate marketing space.

Make sure you have a backup domain registered somewhere outside of godaddy if that's where your main business domain is at (I've heard of nightmares of them shutting people down for fake and spam complaints there)...better safe than sorry.
Get a backup from moniker or namecheap.com

Also ensure you can speak openly and quickly with your host about these matters...communication is key.

Also have a good TOS/AUP on your site.

- S