PDA

View Full Version : What makes a launch a success or failure???

charleskirkland
12-31-2007, 04:12 PM
This has been a question that I have wondered about for along time. After watching some great success and some blazing failures I have determined IMHO that is it us!

There are a number of factors to look at.

Did the sales copy convert?

What kind of OTO was in place?

Was it easy to promote? Read the butterfly manuscript if you have not done so.

How soon did you start promoting before the launch? 1 week. 2 weeks, 1 month, etc.

Did you keep in contact with your JV’s? BIG one here people.

Just because someone signs up to be a JV dose not mean they are going to promote. They may be just looking for free info or they could promote something else.

How many JV’s did you have?

DID YOU TURN IT INTO AND EVENT OR JUST A LAUNH!

Just some end on the year thoughts here.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

Mike Merz
01-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Nice topic, Charles ... wish I'd seen it earlier. :P

If I was going list, say ... 5 things I'd recommend to better the odds of success over failure ...

1) Make sure the Marketing system is in place ... and is working.

That's everything from prospect funnel to JV communication to product sale to customer follow up ... all systems are GO, and they get there by ...

2) Testing ... at least the basics.

Put the prospects on a sub list, partner list, paid ezine advertising, etc., through your process and test the copy, price point, retention, etc., at least long enough to ensure that the system is working seamlessly and the product can convert. Not saying you have to look at 100 different variables ... just split test a few key variables and go with your best.

3) Have a complete game plan before bringing partners on board.

Make sure you have a game plan for each step of your pre launch and launch cycles. Promo tools, sales letters, ads, ad graphics, JV partner area ... in general. Offer your partners the tools needed to support the project at every phase ... and keep them at hands reach at all times.

3) Bring JV partners on board at least 4 weeks before launch.

... and make sure you make personal contact with each and every one of them, personally. Successful JV fueled launches are not about bringing 100 random partners on board, plugging them into an autoresponder, and hitting the send button every few days ... it's about building and nurturing relationships of mutual benefit. Introduce yourself to each one ... let them know you are there for them if they wish to brainstorm their participation, put together a unique tool for their subs, and starting to build the trust and group effort that creates a sense of mutual obligation. This is also a way to eliminate freebie seekers and tire kickers ... consider this a time to qualify, for now ... and in the future.

5) Follow Through.

... after launch. Satisfy your customers with prompt service ... make sure you pay your JV partners on time and reciprocate when/if the opportunity arises ... JV relationships are a TWO way street.

Well ... that's it for Mike's "Sunday Sermon", till next week! LOL

Mike

charleskirkland
01-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Mike

As allways you are giving out great advice. This is something that I think everybody needs to read and follow. It is the details that make the difference in success.

Thanks
Charles

affiliaterockstarx
04-01-2008, 11:34 AM
I second that , great post.

Jacobo Benitez
04-01-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm about to launch AdWords Profits 2 in April 16th, so Mike's and Charles' posts really got my attention.

So besides improving the last details of the e-book right now, I'm personally assisting the JV partners with all the information and help they need.

Thank you for the great information, Mike and Charles.

Jacobo

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Having a central place where JV partners can go for information, like a JV blog on your website, was a new idea that I just loved and am currently experimenting with.

Having done it the hard way, knowing that you need to keep in touch with JV partners so sending individual emails for every communication, can be extremely time consuming. Don't get me wrong, personalized contact is important, especially when first introducing yourself and getting them on board, but when you're just communicating the same message to everyone, or giving pre-written emails or sales material, a JV blog is the way to go to keep partners informed.

I'm currently switching hosting services to one that includes Fantastico to easily take advantage of the instant add a blog feature to my site.

Mike Merz
04-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi, Jennifer.

I have to disagree ... to a point.

Only if you ... or your product line, have reached a certain level of celebrity, or you have already established a rapport with every single partner ... does it not benefit you to get in touch with each partner.

Do I mean every communication throughout the entire campaign?

... of course not.

But you really should contact each individual partner at least once ... to qualify them, in general, and to make the connection ... and perhaps again to 'nudge' when you notice that they haven't been active at all. Otherwise you might as well just call them affiliates and hope for the best. These are JV partners, after all ... we're supposed to be building relationships for the long haul ... not just one campaign.

My 2 cents. ;)

Best,

Mike

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi Mike,

I agree with having personal contact and building relationships, as I thought I had communicated in my previous post (maybe it was overshadowed by my excitement about this new tool). After all, that's what JV's are all about. But for the types of messages that don't necessarily need to be personalized, such as information that is relevant to the whole group, I was just saying that I think the blog was a great method to share that kind of info. Every person should have some personal contact as well, that's critical.

A campaign won't be successful if you treat your JV's like affiliates. All communication shouldn't be done via the blog, but that it's a nice, one-stop shop for your JV partners to go to get pre-written emails and things like that. You need a mixture of the two contact methods to build strong relationships, and make the most efficient use of yours and your JV partner's time. Hope that helps to clarify.

Jennifer :)

Mike Merz
04-05-2008, 03:24 PM
You're right on all counts, Jennifer ... I just wanted to make it clear that you have to make one on one connection at least once ... and possibly more often if you notice inactive accounts ('I noticed your account was inactive ... just wanted to see if there was something that was holding you back I could help with ...'), or even a behind the scenes 'horse race', if you notice that a partner is in the top 5 or 10, and they've kind of given up ('just wanted to give you the inside line that the only difference between you and 3rd place is 3 sales ...').

The 80/20 rule is more like 90/10 when it comes to JV Marketing ... but there are things you can do to raise the odds a bit in your favor, and one of those things is going above and beyond when it comes to the personal touch ... and satisfying the 'what's in it for me?', personally (when needed).

And ... of course, a blog is a great idea. Falls right in line with my 'everything at hands reach, at all times' philosophy. As a matter of fact, stand back and look at how you are 'selling' your prospects, and JV partners ... notice some amazing similarities? ;)

Best,

Mike