PDA

View Full Version : Experienced affiliate? Would immediate payout entice you?

Rob Toth
09-06-2007, 02:24 AM
One of the "hooks" (USPs if you prefer) of the affiliate program for my new sales conversion software Buy Now Wizard is that it's immediate income.

Because it's based on the 7DS script (though I had it tweaked to reduce stolen commission problems that exist with 7DS, CB, etc and to allow affiliates an option to promote education, content and value vs. a sales pitch) ... it pays the affiliate immediately to their PayPal account.

Anyone familiar with 7DS (and similar scripts) is already used to this. But the payout for this product is probably the highest out of 7DS based products (it's certainly not a $7 product!).

So here's the question...

I could have moved this into traditional affiliate program scripts (and cut checks the following month) or even CB (though frankly I have a lot of dislikes with CB when it comes to affiliate promotions for IM related products)... but I chose to get some custom programming in place for 7DS **specifically so that potential JV partners can receive their earnings that very same day***.

However, is this a worthwhile "dangling carrot" or do you feel it's irrelavent??

Because it puts me in a bit of a tight spot seeing as I can't call upon the expertise and services of deal makers such as Mike Merz (I can't setup the 2nd tier that a professional JV Broker would need). However, I felt strong enough about giving my affiliates an immediate income opportunity that I stuck to my guns. What are your thoughts? Was that a "bad" move?

charleskirkland
09-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Rob

Anytime I can get paid faster is a nice perk. But is this like the BFM script?

Thanks
Charles

Rob Toth
09-06-2007, 02:33 PM
>> But is this like the BFM script?

I haven't used the Butterfly Marketing script so I don't know how it handles affiliate commissions.

No, currently the affiliate program is running on a tweaked version of the popular 7DollarScript (which is what fueled the $7 product craze). The script basically sets the affiliate up almost as a reseller in a sense. The sale is made directly to their PayPal account.

The 7DollarSecrets concept was to create a low ticket item ($7, for example), enable anyone to promote that product using nothing more than their own PayPal email address as the "affiliate id", receive 100% commissions for those sales but it, in turn, builds a buyer's list for the merchant (and possibly creates back end OTO income).

So the majority are doing just that.

However, for the Buy Now Wizard affiliate program, the payout is the full 100% commission of the $67 (1-hour discounted price) or $97 (regular price) of the new software but for every 2nd sale. The end result in earnings is the same (refer 10 sales, you walk with 50% of the income which is 5 sales). The difference is the sales alternate rather than being split... this means the affiliate can get their commission right away (for every other sale).

I feel it's really ideal especially for affiliate marketers who are just getting started and constantly on a tight budget... they don't need to wait the 2-6+ weeks to receive their earnings.

BUT... like I said, this restricts a bit of my marketing in that I can't do the "2nd tier" commission setup that professional JV brokers require. It's a bit of a catch-22.

charleskirkland
09-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Rob

Thanks for taking the time to go through all of that for me. It seems like a good product. But I think that it will appeal to the beginers who would love to get paid right away vs wainting weeks for a check to come in. I think you would do fine with out going into a 2nd tier program because the program has some nice selling points.

Thanks
Charles

Richard Legg
09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi Rob,

While I like the idea of instant commissions one thing I do worry about with slightly more expensive products is having to deal with refunds.

I'm sure most experienced marketers are used to dealing with refunds and have no qualms about giving them but I wonder if newbies who make sales will be as prepared to "give up" their $67 or $97 payment when the customer asks for it. Like you said, many are on a tight budget so refunding a $97 sale could be a real sore point for them.

I just wonder if this would cause a problem if you state a money back guarantee, but then have affiliates who don't honor it?

At least with a delayed-payment affiliate program, the merchant handles all of the payments/refunds and then the check/paypal payment is made after all refunds have been taken care of.

I don't want to put a downer on your idea, as I like your script from what I've seen in the WF, but just wanted to give my opinion.

All the best,

Richard

charleskirkland
09-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I think you just hit on the big issue with this. I'm not sure that everybody wants to play fair?

Thanks
Charles

Egidijus Andreika
09-21-2007, 04:44 AM
Hello,
I think most of new to Internet marketing people (affiliates) would prefer to get the payment as fast as possible. There are still a lot of people who are afraid for not receiving payments for their work. This fear appeared around year 2000 when most of 'get-paid-to-surf', etc. companies collapsed and most of people who were 'earning' money that way actually never got paid. So, immediate payments for new and small affiliates would really help. However, personally, I would prefer to receive money every few weeks. Why? It's because when you make a sale or two one day, then another day few sales, then another few sales the following day, etc. It would be just more convenient to receive a one payment at once.

Have a nice day,
Egidijus