PDA

View Full Version : I feel like the new guy in class.

seket Aanru
02-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Hello everyone my name is Dwight and I'm from Washington, DC. I run a creative services business called The Art Dept., we specialize in video production, photography and graphic design. That was my primary source of income until about 2 years ago. It all started in 2000 when I began experimenting with an idea I had for a film about an urban NSA agent with a story line that was offering an alternate reality to current world events. Basically the urban version of James Bond or Jason Borne but with an urban approach to the traditional spy story.

Back in 2003 I started putting together movie trailers for the movie and posting them on Google video. During this time Youtube wasn't even a factor. But to my surprise the videos were getting hundreds of thousands of views so I continued making them and the idea just kept getting bigger and bigger until it became a website. Then sort of a search engine game where people we looking for the videos on the search engines.

About six years later it became a membership with several thousand free members. Now I have over 12,000 members worldwide, about 2 thousand are paying $7.95 per month, which leads me to why I'm here. Up until about a month ago me and my 2 person staff were doing all the writing, filming and marketing ourselves. We were doing pretty well but we could do much better if we had some affiliates so I signed up for clickbank to make some extra sales but I have no idea how to get affiliates to market for us so I offered a %50 recurring commission.

In a month I haven't a single affiliate to make a sale. In fact I don't even know if anyone has signed up to market it. All that aside I'm here learn from more experienced marketers and meet affiliates that know how make money online.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed or a few super-affiliates to take the idea and run with it. lol

Have a great day!

Dwight

Mike Merz
02-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Wow, Dwight ... that's quite an introduction. ;)

Welcome to JVNP 2.0 ... I'm sure you'll find the answers you're looking for here, and if not ... feel free to ask specific questions.

Cheers,

Mike Sr