PDA

View Full Version : what do you like to get paid?

Harun Bahri
04-25-2007, 08:41 PM
What would you expect to be paid as a JV partner/affiliate on a monthly continuity program as a promoter?

What percentage of the monthly fee would be fair, but also excite you enough on the following price points: $29 - $39 - $49 - $99 (these are the monthly subscription fees.)

Reed Floren
04-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Generally 50%+

Martin Brock
04-26-2007, 08:18 AM
To be perfectly honest, If I'm recommending something to a list (where I'm not paying for traffic) I don't pay very much attention to the commission as long as I'm excited about the product, call me naive but I believe that will make me more money in the long run.

But I'll take 75% any day ;D

Sam Crowley
04-26-2007, 03:10 PM
What I "like" to be paid may differ from what I "deserve" to be paid.
If I have a list of 300K, then I would expect 60%+.
If I'm a newb and have a list of a few thousand, then I would expect 50% or so.

Sam

Egidijus Andreika
04-27-2007, 06:05 AM
I couldn't tell how much % would really grab my attention. If a membership service is really good - why not give it a shot? But I also think that if most product sellers can offer 50-75% comissions for one 'sale' of the product, then the service owner can also offer 50-75% of recurring comissions.

Have a nice day,
Egidijus

Richard Legg
06-17-2007, 07:37 AM
For me, I'd like to know the kind of conversions that the site gets (and retention rate) more so than the commission.

In my opinion, a site that has a 10% conversion with 50% commissions is much more attractive than a site with 1% conversion at 70%.
Plus, if the retention is good (i.e very few members quit) then I would be more than happy with 50%

Hope this helps,

Richard

Hamida Pall
06-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I agree with Richard, I would definitely be looking at the quality of the site and retention rate as that's what is really going to benefit you as a partner/affiliate in the long run. 50% would be ok by me, but maybe 75% for $29.99

charleskirkland
06-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I guess it would depend on the product and what the upfront cost to the client would be.

If I was getting 50% of a $77 first time sale that converted to a $29.97 a monthly fee I would be happy getting 50% of the monthly fee.

I would much rather this then gets 75% of the $77 first time fee and that it.

I would take less if I knew it has back end creating residual income for me. But with that said the back end has to be priced high enough to make it worth it.

I have struggled with this many times in some of my niche membership sites. At 9.95 –19.95 price range per month it is not very hard to get people signed up. The problem is now you can’t offer your partners enough to promote the site. There is just not enough money in it to make it work. You almost have to be able to launch it with your on in-house list.

If you want to bring JV’s on board you almost have to have bigger signup cost to start with, then be in the $29-49 monthly fee range to make it work.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland