PDA

View Full Version : New JVNotifyPro members having problems trying to register... can anyone help?

paulbarrs
03-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Hi Folks,

This email came through to me the other day on my support desk because the guy was having problems here. I"m happy to help, but don't have the answer to his problem. I'm publishing his help request (with permission) and my responses -

Suggestions please....

Thanks.

First Message -

Hi Paul

Sorry to trouble you with this but you seem to be the person on the
forum that knows what he is doing.. I am trying to register at
http://www.jvnotifypro.com/ but the forum has an error and is stuck in
a loop where I can't get my email to confirm registration.. system
says it sends it.. but never arrives... so can't login

Cant get any help from the site itself

If you know where to go that would be great

Regards

Russell

My reply -

Hi Russell,

I'm not sure I can help you with your problem as I don't actually work on the JV Notify site myself, but I do know that in about 2 weeks there is a MAJOR upgrade going in place.

I remember having the same problem - but then it just magically seemed to work one time (no clue why). Try setting up a brand new Gmail address and then registering with it and a new username.

Let me know what happened, and if there is still no joy I'll post these things on the site for you - see if we can't get it up and running for you.

Regards,

Paul Barrs

Hi response -

Hi Paul

Many thanks for getting back to me.. MUCH appreciated

I tried registering from a couple of other email addresses (Gmail, yahoo and my own site email) all to no avail.. same problem

If you could ask the question that would be great

many thanks again

Russell

Let's open it up to the floor.

Paul -

Laurie Rogers
03-15-2011, 03:34 AM
That glitch might be due to Mike doing upgrades on the forum, I'll send him a message on skype and let him know.

Mike Merz
03-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Paul + Laurie.

The last WP upgrade screwed up a few of the mods in a way that occasionally messes with registration + the bridge between forum and newsletter confirmations. I was assuming the few folks having these problems, and using the contact form on the homepage to report it, were the only ones running into these problems ... but it's obviously more widespread.

I've posted temporary fixes on the homepage (http://www.jvnotifypro.com/2011/03/14/new-jv-product-launches-march-2011/) to keep things chugging along until we unleash JVNP 2.0 on or around 3/23.

Cheers,

Mike