PDA

View Full Version : how to get on an advertisers "whitelist?"

dantoman
02-22-2011, 12:04 AM
hey forum,

I see offers here on the JVN that I would like to promote, but when I go over to CB to sign up to promote the offer as an affiliate, In some cases I don't find the product listed there, even after the launch for that particular product has occurred...

I have a CB ID, and using "Dropship Blueprint" I can go to their affiliate info and sure it has the hoplink and indicates that I can replace the "xxxxx" with my CB id, but I don't want to promote a product and not get any commission since I don't actually see the product listed in CB

So I'm confused?

I understand I may need to be on the advertisers "whitelist"?

if so can anyone tell me

How to get on it?
how long it takes?

thank you very much!

(PS; I mocked going through the process as if I were a customer to see if I would get credit when I placed my CB id in the hoplink given in the affiliate area, but when I check the source code, I see affiliate "none" so I don't want to try to promote anything until I understand!) thank you!

Dano~

Gene Wolf
02-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Dano,

What is the name of the product or the web page you saw it? I'll be glad to look into it. I've been on Clickbank as both an affiliate and a product seller so I might be able to help you. If I can I will set up a test page on one of my training sites for you to take a look at to see how the links should bet set up and I'll put the code there so you can simply recreate it on your own site.

I'll check back here every few hours.

dantoman
02-22-2011, 07:01 PM
hello gene,

and thank you for being so very helpful!
I want to thank you wolf, for offering to check back to answer my question
that is overwhelming generosity and I sincerely appreciate your words

it was "dropship blueprint" which launched on feb 18 by timm godrey, I cann see the landing page and even the affiliate area with banners and links when I click on the link for the product, but when I go directly to clickbank to find the product in the marketplace, it doesn 't exist OR it's somewhere within "120 pages" of serps that come up when I type "dropship blueprint" into the search option in their marketplace

I went to CB today and checked my stats and sure enough "hembros" does appear in my "stats" as a "click" from yesterday, so it is being recognized by CB, but should I feel satisfied with that? since it still doesn't seem to show as a "product" iin their marketplace?

what about the idea that I need to be on a "whitelist"?

thank you very much wolf
(even though this particular issue was about dropship bluepriint, I noticed that others on jvnotifyu don't all appear within cb's marketplace.....should I always accept that disparity?)

Dano

paulbarrs
02-23-2011, 05:20 AM
Dano.

All you need to know is that not everyone lists their product in the CB marketplace.

If you've go the correct affiliate link (hoplink) then you'll get credit for referred sales. They are tracked by Clickbank - not the merchant.

Paul Barrs

Gene Wolf
02-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Danto,

I certainly see the problem you're having. I did an extensive search of CB myself and could not find the product you are referring to either. I even tries searching on the activation date and did not locate it. Seems Paul is correct when he says not everyone lists their product in the CB marketplace though I have to say for the products I have listed there I did not realize that was an option.

I agree with Paul that if you are seeing clicks based on your link in the CB stats you should also receive credit for any sales made.

Sorry I could not be of any more help to you.

dantoman
02-25-2011, 09:29 PM
thank you both very much for taking the time to post a reply I really thank you and appreciate it

danto