PDA

View Full Version : Where to promote a non-launch affiliate program?

Dave Lianelli
02-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Hey guys,

you got a great community here. There's lots of info to be found and I'm enjoying the weekly emails about new upcoming launches.

Now here's my question: I've got my own affiliate program. Product selling well. Though I don't do product launches. At least not yet.

Where should / can I promote my affiliate program? I've found some directories, but most don't seem very active at all.

-Dave

Mike Merz
02-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Hey, Dave.

Feel free to create a profile in JV Notify Pro Partner JV Offers And Profiles (http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/board,5.0.html).

You may want to include the AP name, niche market, per sale or % commission, etc. in the subject.

As a JV Marketing community, our mission is to help JVNP Partners work together toward mutual success through various types of Joint Venture. So for you to promote an evergreen AP is fine, assuming that there is something in it for the promoting partners aside from simply promoting your products for a commission. If not, you may not get the kind of attention here that you'd see in an active Affiliate Program focused community like ABestWeb.com or AssociatePrograms.com that has a base looking to simply promote without reciprocation. Don't get me wrong, they (affiliates) do exist here ... it's just simply not the main focus here.

Still ... if you have valuable JV, Affiliate +/or Product Launch Marketing content to share ... and have your AP in your sig file, you stand a good chance of recruiting affiliates. Why not give it a shot .. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

Gene Wolf
02-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Mike,

This may be a newb question but it doesn't bother me because, at the moment I am a newb! ;D

You wrote, "So for you to promote an evergreen AP is fine, assuming that there is something in it for the promoting partners aside from simply promoting your products for a commission." I've started selling a product using Clickbank and I'd like to ask if you could give some examples of what you mean? What could I provide to partners they would consider worthwhile?

Thanks for your time!

Dave Lianelli
02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey Gene,

here's some things to consider:

*Higher commission than others
*Chance to win prizes in an affiliate contest
*Adding a bonus especially for their referred buyers.

Gene Wolf
02-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks Dave. Appreciate the feedback. I have started an affiliate contest where the first affiliate selling 50 of my products will be paid an additional $500 on top of commissions. I calculated that out to be an 87% commission rate.

But since I;m selling through Clickbank can you tell me how I would pay outstanding affiliates a higher commission rate? I thought Clickbank controlled all of that. I can, of course pay them extra like I'm doing for the contest so maybe that's what you're referring to. For those affiliates willing to go the extra mile I would have no problem paying them a 75% rate but I just don't know how to do that.

Sorry but some of this is very new to me. Sorry for being so dense. *laughs*

Dave Lianelli
02-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Hey Gene,

not a fan of Clickbank at all. They're expensive and don't let you run with guarantees longer than 60 days. You're 'out of control', and I hate to lose control of something as important as joint venture partners!

Anyway, you could pay them out seperately. I'm using RAP for my affiliate program, and can pay up to 100% commissions INSTANTLY. Anything on top of that I pay 'by hand'.

And if you're going to ask "higher than 100%?"... Yes. If you know how much money you make per front-end customer, using your back-end... you can easily pay 200% front-end commissions. It brought me quite some sales and subscribers.

Now I've replaced the 200% commissions with 100% commissions + an Ipad for the first 3 to reach 100 sales. Going to try if people rather have a big shiny object than doubling their money...

Gene Wolf
02-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Thanks Dave. Great information! Can you send me a link to RAP so I can check them out? Others may get some value from it too. Sounds like you've got it together and, like I said in a different post, I learn from seeing what other people have done well. Thanks!

Dave Lianelli
02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Hey Gene,

it can be found at www.rapidactionprofits.com (non affiliate link)

If you'd like it and want to get it, let me know and I can send you an affiliate link - earns me some money ;)

paulbarrs
02-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Dave,

It's also worthwhile remembering that your best affiliates will very rarely ever find you - you've got to go find them.

Which in a nutshell means go looking for website owners that you feel you product would be a benefit to them and their customers - and ASK them to join your program!

KEY: Don't push the money, push the benefit for the customer / subscriber.

Make it easy for them to participate. Set it up for them. Provide custom content for them to offer etc.

Set yourself a daily / weekly target, not based on results but based on productivity. ie. a results based target says "I will get 20 new affiliates each week." Yes... nice idea.... but, THEY have the final decision in that, not you. A productivity based target is "I'll approach 10 new possible affiliates each day." That goal is entirely up to you and your efforts.

And the people that say "yes" to the personal approach.... THEY are the ones you want in your program, becasue they will work *with* you, not just for themselves.

Paul Barrs

margo
02-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Advertising on big name blogs?

Get paid review for example and let blog owner review your affiliate program and offer.

But you offer needs to be good...because this review will be honest. If your product sucks...well...you know what kind of review it will be

Good luck