PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Affiliate Recruitment Formula

Gavin Stephenson
01-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi my names Gavin Stephenson and I help Jani G with his launches.

I am going to provide with a slick technique to get more affiliates.
I actually discovered this formula from Frank Kern. So I showed it
to Jani and he applied it to he sales video and JV Page and got great results from it.

And I think you will too.

So goes nothing:

PI = Pattern Interrupt
Do something insanely different on your affiliate page that nobody else is doing.

The best way to do this is to create a video doing something strange or something funny.
Just make sure far from the NORM (Promote my product routine.)

The purpose of PI is to jolt/break the potential JV's train of thought. When you do this
you have got there attention almost immediately.

ME = Whats In It For Me

Pretty obvious that a JV's list is there asset and they won't just promote your product
because you interrupted there pattern.

So next you MUST tell them what's in it for them eg Prizes, Commissions,
Quality Product, Reciprocal Mailing, Back Rub etc.

They need to TRUST that what your selling is good and that the list gets
the treatment it deserves when they send all the hard earned clicks.

CTA = Call To Action

Make it stupid simple on what they need to do next. Instruction is crucial.
and will brutally KILL your conversions on any page you create.

Tell them sign to your jv list or go to the affiliate centre etc.

I see a lot of new guy's miss this one out.

Although it sounds obvious, it will make a big difference.

Once you have done these 3 things it is easier for people to do what you want them to.
Let me know what you thought of this, and add your bits of advice for people too.

choice11
02-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Ya right Gavin ! ..just the way it goes ;)

Let's keep moving !

B Davies

earnme97
02-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey Gavin,

Thanks a lot for sharing your great opinions with us.

I am looking forward to launch a product too, and I will surely keep these tips in mind..

Thanks again :)

paulbarrs
02-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi Gavin,

Yes, good basics for psychology 101 and sales 101 well integrated.

Have to strongly disagree on the 'do something silly' though - you can certainly interrupt their pattern (NLP 101) without making yourself look like a goose.

The warning here is this - unless you already have a name that they know and trust, you don't want to make yourself look like an idiot... or they might just think you are one.

Stick with the W.I.I.F.M. - people are way more interested in them then they are you.

Paul Barrs

J9Media
02-12-2011, 12:04 AM
I dont know Paul, I think 'silly' is ok, just dont be 'stupid'.

People like to be entertained, silly is easy, but still maintain a level of professionalism whilst being silly, ie: an actor is still professional while doing a silly character.

I get where you are coming from though, silly can be dangerous if it looks foolish.

Aidan Booth
02-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Great ideas Gavin, they make sense!

Being an affiliate myself and a frequent visitor to JV info pages, I am very used to seeing the same format time and time again, it'd be interesting to see how I react to a novel approach on a JV info page...

suziphillips
02-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks Gavin for great tips. I agree with Aidan, share with us an example of how you've implemented. After all, we are all potential JVs here and would be interested in a compelling jv offer that is unique.

Gene Wolf
02-17-2011, 04:41 PM
I have to agree with Paul Barrs on this one. I was in radio for 8 years. Had a tech call in show in the central NY area. The first year was all about building brand. My co-host and I had to cement our credentials with the audience. Once we did that we were pretty much free to do what we wanted. We even created a segment of the show, the last 15 minutes of a two hour show, called the Abuse Zone. This was for people that waited until the show was almost over to call in with their questions. Everyone loved it, well, except for those people we abused. We abused them kindly. *laughs*

If you already have a name and a reputation you have a great deal of leeway. If you're new and an unknown it seems to me a better idea to work on those credentials, earn your spurs and go from there.

Justin Atlan
02-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Great info. Thank you.

You will see that I'll change up my jv page adding what you discussed.

I messaged you with a question =)

Justin Atlan

paulbarrs
02-18-2011, 08:53 PM
I dont know Paul, I think 'silly' is ok, just dont be 'stupid'.

People like to be entertained, silly is easy, but still maintain a level of professionalism whilst being silly, ie: an actor is still professional while doing a silly character.

I get where you are coming from though, silly can be dangerous if it looks foolish.

Gene had a good point also.

But my follow up comment is to suggest the thought that eventually we would like these people to "buy" from us, to become our customers.

When delivering a product we should seek to inform first, entertain later - if you can do both together, fantastic; but few can.

Silly does not build trust. Stupid does not build respect.

Jay, I'll concede on the point that there is a balance - and that's what I'll call entertainment.

But above all else people want RESULTS.

Paul Barrs