PDA

View Full Version : ATTITUDE is WHY Guru's Suck?

Laurie Rogers
11-30-2010, 11:55 PM
I just finished reading YET another report about, "how all Guru's suck, how I wasted thousands of dollars on
TONS products that just didn't work for me, blah blah, blah". (The Genie has another thread about this on here)
... so I am going to give some input about how I see things from an ATTITUDE perspective. Your attitude in this
business determines EVERYTHING about your success and if you go into it with a poor attitude, you ARE going to
have poor results. I can guarantee you that the ONLY people buying those types of person's products (which they
will probably whine and complain about later on) have the EXACT same mentality he does. I can also guarantee you
it's an attitude destined to failure, because he's putting the failure mindset out there. And what I mean by that
is, he's saying, "IF you buy all their products, you're going to FAIL, IF you don't listen to me, you're going to
FAIL!" Think about that! Is that the kind of attitude you want to get from someone whom is supposed to be teaching
you HOW TO SUCCEED?

I'm not saying EVERY Guru's product out there is going to work for you, I'm also not telling you that you should
listen to what EVERY Guru tells you to do, because NOT all products out there WILL work for you and NOT every guru
is going to be able to reach you. I have my own set of Guru's that I WILL buy products from, but not every single
one of them. And there are reasons behind that, their attitude set off something in MY attitude to either be drawn or
not drawn to that product. I really liked the concept of the product, I LEARNED something from it, I applied it to
my business and it worked or it can be just the opposite, but I'm not going to whine and cry about it, if it doesn't
work for me. What I will do however, is see if someone else on my Guru list has a similar product and see if that
one might work for me. This is kind of like personal relationships, some people you click with, some people you
don't, some teachers you can learn from and some you just can't. It's not their fault, it's just chemistry make
up, so before you get ranty about wasting $1,000's of dollars on their products, take a step back and ask yourself,
is it me? Does my attitude suck? Or is it possibly I just can't learn from this person?

Throughout my years, I have had many personality conflicts with people (it's human nature) in business, in relationships,
all kinds of different area's, I also had a lot of issues on my plate, I had a tough childhood, I had a crappy
marriage, I was stressed out about money issues, you name it. Needless to say I was a very angry person, I would
always go into things thinking they were going to flop (my ex husband was drilling that into my head, which wasn't
helping) and well things would flop! So I took action, got a divorce, started dealing with my resentment issues,
meditating and learning how to be grateful for what I had, instead of what I didn't have. I also removed myself
from people that were constantly negative (hey it's okay to be ranty sometimes, but not all the time) and when I
dove back into business, things changed HUGELY for me. And the reason why I am sharing this with you, is because
sometimes you have to look inward and see IF it's really them or really you.

I can tell you without 100% certainty, that if you spend money on a product and are grumbling about having to spend
X amount of dollars to get it, you're probably NOT going to see that product's full potential, you WILL have
resentment issues about it and 9 times out of ten, it's not going to work for you the way you expect it to. With
that said, do NOT spend your last few dollars on something hoping for a miracle to make you a TON of money in
this industry. Do NOT spend that money if you expect it to be your last saving grace, because it's NOT going to
be, WAIT until you have the right mindset and then buy it. IF you're spending your last few bucks going to a
conference don't do it, because once again, I will tell you right now, you will NOT get as much as you think you
are going to get from it. In the back of your mind you WILL be saying, "holy crap, I spent this much money coming
to this damn thing and it wasn't what I expected." By the way, that will either be a good holy crap or a bad one!

All in all, at the end of the day, do NOT do anything in this business, IF you can't do it with a good attitude
and KNOW that it's going to be the BEST thing for you. KNOW that it will change your life for the better, KNOW
it will give you and your family a better life, KNOW it will give you financial freedom, KNOW that everything
you do WILL BE SUCCESSFUL! And if you don't know that and don't feel it, DON'T DO IT! This business is not for
everyone, no matter how great they might think they are at it. They can hire whomever they want to create their
products, come up with half rated products designed by the best people, BUT their attitude will always shine
through somewhere and so will yours and it will reflect on your business. So before you blame one of the GURU's
about your flops and failures in this industry, check yourself at the door, because it might not be them, it
might be YOUR ATTITUDE!

Steve Benn
12-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Laurie,

You are so right about the attitude issue. Sad as it is to say, we are in one niche, where people call up before buying a service. It's very very easy to identify the prospects most likely to fail - they are convinced of it before purchase. We then have the rather hard job of persuading them not to signup.

On a side note, we get a lot of people trying to get support (due to obvious misuse) of a free software product. The great thing is - they try and get that support through the sales office, which is about 60 miles away from the development office.

Dwayne K
12-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Good stuff on attitude Laurie!

Now we need to get this into the hands of the
people with bad attitudes, but the may not
want to read it due to their attitude :)

DK

John Saeger
12-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Laurie great post, we need more people to have this mindset.

Isn’t life all about attitude, I mean some people will go through life blaming others for their faults and other go through life with the best attitude. We all can wake up every day with a passion for living or we can wake up every day hating our lives. Both will take you in a totally different direction in life. But now we have to ask why? I feel it’s all about ATTITUDE if you have a good attitude you are going to do well in things. If you have a bad attitude you will do BAD. I love using woman for example here. Think about a time you put on a dress and you felt a sense of happiness you felt alive. I bet there was nothing you did not thing you could not do at that time. You had a great attitude. Now think of a time you tried on every shirt or dress you owned and somehow you could not find one that you liked. I’m sure they all looked good, but yet your attitude made you believe that you did not. You bought the close because you liked them right? So why is it when you put it one day it looks amazing but yet another day it doesn’t look as good?
No let’s look at business or even work. Look at the most successful people out there, what is there attitude? It’s nothing can stop me. No let’s look at someone on let’s say unemployment. What is there attitude like? I can’t find a job I hate this job, my last job failed me. 2 completely different attitudes, but why? Id it because one was successful and one was not? Who has the right to determine success? Only we can determine that. So you see attitude has everything to do with how well we do in life.
I will agree with you I have tried products and they have failed to work for me. I could have easily had a bad attitude and stopped and said: see another failure. But no I had a great attitude and searched for the answer why did it not work? This is a business where you get what you give. Its just like any other job out there you have to work at it. But if you do the rewards are unparallel to anything else out there.

So in closing if you want to excel in any part of your life your attitude will have everything to do with it. If it’s good you will do great and go far. If it’s bad well let’s say you need to change it. Not everything is going to work so you need to know that going into it. And the only way to be the best id to fail and search for the reason why you failed so you know not to do that again.
John

Laurie Rogers
12-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys ;)

Dwayne K
12-10-2010, 10:03 PM
You're welcome Laurie!!!

Keep it coming.

DK

John Saeger
12-11-2010, 03:10 PM
No Problem

Keep the great post coming. I love reading them.

John

Laurie Rogers
12-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Will do and thanks again ;)

Phil Halloran
12-13-2010, 10:36 PM
That post was great and really hit home for me. If you can't do what you're doing with a smile, there's no point in doing it.

The obsession with money is also a big one and every financially unsuccessful person I've met has let their greedy nature consume them and not let any quality work get done. Living your life for the sole desire of money is never a good thing and will end up killing you on the inside.

Laurie Rogers
12-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi Phil, going to answer your other post in a minute, but thought I'd shed some more light on this subject. Every morning I start my day listening to someone inspirational, be it: Joe Vitale, Jim Rohn, Frank Kern, Tony Robbins, Zig Ziglar and a slew of others. That process usually takes anywhere from 10 mins to an hour, because I want to make sure it is ingrained in my head, that YES I have the power to succeed and I am the only person responsible for whether I do or not! And this process costs me nothing, each one of those speakers and marketers have tons of videos on youtube, vimeo etc. but hey if you want to spend some bucks (and I do too) and buy some of their more in depth "reprogramming" methods by all means.

Today I was listening to Joe Vitale's webinar - The Abundance Paradigm but before I get into it further, this morning I was listening to a webinar from Tony Schwartz from the Energy Project and he gave some priceless advice. It's not just your mindset and the time you put into your business, it's how you maximize your energy in order to do so. Time is not replaceable, but money is, so you must make the most of your time and that means maximizing your energy. He suggests that we work in 90 minute intervals and after 90 mins take a break, be it 5 mins, 10, 15, whatever we can spare; meditate, take a quick walk outside if possible and rejuvenate ourselves.

Now if you don't know who Tony is, he's an expert on the energy of people, he consults with major company's and their staff, teaching them how to maximize their energy, so they can be more productive and happier at work. Very interesting guy to say the least.
From Joe, I learned how to be grateful, how to appreciate everything in my life, no matter how small it is. As an example of this, he was talking about his gratitude for a pencil and discussed what benefits a pencil had for him and what he could achieve with just a pencil right now in the moment. He also shared how important it is to have gratitude in the moment, because if we're ungrateful, we attract more things that will make us feel ungrateful.

All of these things reflect your attitude, be it in business or not and if you made just a dollar this week, be grateful for that dollar, because as long as you are grateful for that dollar, you will make two dollars and so forth.

I am going to spam some links here lol
http://www.theenergyproject.com
http://www.attractmoneynow.com
http://www.jimrohn.com
http://www.ziglar.com/

Like I said these folks all have a lot of video's online, just have to search them out. And if you haven't read Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich (Joe Vitale and Pat O'Bryan - have actually just come out with a work book based on T&GR, it's free and I'm delving into that right now) I highly suggest you start there. EVERY single successful marketer I know has read T&GR at least once.

Laurie Rogers
12-15-2010, 07:49 PM
BTW just a few more things to add about what Tony was saying about working in 90 min intervals, he means actual working with ZERO distractions, no phones on, no answering email, no facebook, no twitter etc. ACTUAL WORKING. And when you take your break, that doesn't give you permission to go to your distractions (mentioned above) .. your breaks purpose is to rejuvenate you. You set up times to answer emails, FB, twitter, phone calls etc. and you stay within those time limits as much as possible. Try it for a week, then push it to two weeks and so forth, then you are in a disciplined work mode and will get better results.

Phil Halloran
12-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Hi Phil, going to answer your other post in a minute, but thought I'd shed some more light on this subject. Every morning I start my day listening to someone inspirational, be it: Joe Vitale, Jim Rohn, Frank Kern, Tony Robbins, Zig Ziglar and a slew of others. That process usually takes anywhere from 10 mins to an hour, because I want to make sure it is ingrained in my head, that YES I have the power to succeed and I am the only person responsible for whether I do or not! And this process costs me nothing, each one of those speakers and marketers have tons of videos on youtube, vimeo etc. but hey if you want to spend some bucks (and I do too) and buy some of their more in depth "reprogramming" methods by all means.

Today I was listening to Joe Vitale's webinar - The Abundance Paradigm but before I get into it further, this morning I was listening to a webinar from Tony Schwartz from the Energy Project and he gave some priceless advice. It's not just your mindset and the time you put into your business, it's how you maximize your energy in order to do so. Time is not replaceable, but money is, so you must make the most of your time and that means maximizing your energy. He suggests that we work in 90 minute intervals and after 90 mins take a break, be it 5 mins, 10, 15, whatever we can spare; meditate, take a quick walk outside if possible and rejuvenate ourselves.

Now if you don't know who Tony is, he's an expert on the energy of people, he consults with major company's and their staff, teaching them how to maximize their energy, so they can be more productive and happier at work. Very interesting guy to say the least.
From Joe, I learned how to be grateful, how to appreciate everything in my life, no matter how small it is. As an example of this, he was talking about his gratitude for a pencil and discussed what benefits a pencil had for him and what he could achieve with just a pencil right now in the moment. He also shared how important it is to have gratitude in the moment, because if we're ungrateful, we attract more things that will make us feel ungrateful.

All of these things reflect your attitude, be it in business or not and if you made just a dollar this week, be grateful for that dollar, because as long as you are grateful for that dollar, you will make two dollars and so forth.

I am going to spam some links here lol
http://www.theenergyproject.com
http://www.attractmoneynow.com
http://www.jimrohn.com
http://www.ziglar.com/

Like I said these folks all have a lot of video's online, just have to search them out. And if you haven't read Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich (Joe Vitale and Pat O'Bryan - have actually just come out with a work book based on T&GR, it's free and I'm delving into that right now) I highly suggest you start there. EVERY single successful marketer I know has read T&GR at least once.

The research I've done has shown it's all about how your brain operates and what frequency it operates at. The secret to those 'reprogramming' techniques is all in how you use your brain :)

...and thank you for even considering answering my post; it seems like no one wants to give me a hand.

rhonnee1
01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Great info. We always need to upgrade our attitude because of all the negativity we must deal with each day.

Laurie Rogers
01-04-2011, 05:17 AM
thanks for the feedback Rhonnee

Gugulethu Mokwebo
01-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanx for sharing the links sistah Laurie, really inspirational. More especially Attract Money Now and the Think and Grow Rich Workbook. :-*

I wish YOU and your Family a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

Robin Durham
03-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Laurie,

Thank you for the greats posts and tips.

I listened to Eban Pagan and he has similar beliefs about working in increments then taking a break, cut out all distractions, but most important I found was to clear out the clutter and get organized. I mean clear the clutter off my desk and anywhere in my home office, then I can clear the clutter out of my mind. I do this by writing down all the things I need to to (whether immediately or within the day). I have found this very useful because I take care of quick tasks(make phone calls, etc.) and then I don't have the thought popping in my head(a distraction) that I have to get this taken care of when I finish working because I have already taken care of it.

dejurs2000
03-05-2011, 02:53 AM
The law of attraction .... :) I really enjoy your post. Great view on attitude.