PDA

View Full Version : My Experiment with Promoting Product Launches

simaurile
10-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi there,

I recently promoted Auto Mass Traffic through nothing but my website for which I worked hard on.

My website was ranking 2nd on Launch Day.

WOW.....I made 8 sales!But the thing was,If I would have had a list,I could have done better....

So...I think if you have a list,and you have some bonuses for a product launch.....you're going right...

I was encouraged to do this expiriment because of Michael Rasmussen....

Do share with me your experiments!!!

Sim Aurile

makwaugh
10-13-2010, 01:06 AM
I like your post.This gives us a chance to learn about this stuff.I definitely want to write a book that I can give out to my customers.It’s one of the oldest and most talked about method of traffic generation, but not many people use it.I've also heard of offline marketers taking ebooks and turning them into MP3s.

Adam Roy
10-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Launches are always super competitive. Even with just a website you need KILLER bonuses. You have to realize that anybody who buys an IM product more than once, knows they can get bonuses along with it.

Thus they will look for who has the best bonus. Typically a marketer (once myself) who doesn't have killer bonuses and copy set up during a launch, will only make sales on 'first time ''newbie''' buyers.

It's all about the list...

If you don't have a list...

It's all about the bonuses!

James Foster
10-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Right, having a list is naturally going to help you...

Create something, related to the product, to give away before the launch. That way you'll have a very targeted list, and if your freebie was good, people should be more likely to buy from you.

Personally, I would do an interview with the product creator and talk about the product. Get him to give away a couple of the techniques he uses in the course... Better yet, if the product has software involved that makes things faster and easier, get the product creator to explain how to do the process manually.

That way it's good content for the list, it's useful info that's more than likely free to implement, but when they realize how time consuming it is , they'll be biting at the bit to buy the software on launch day.

waltermulder
10-16-2010, 09:34 AM
It's always nice to read other peoples launch experiences as it's encouraging and with getting/maintaining the "success mindset".

My personal experience is that if you have a list and nurture it you can pitch almost everything to them and sign-ups to the launches you introduce will follow almost on autopilot. Now I'm very careful with the products I promote and make sure I don't over promote (only 1 or 2 launches a month is maximum for me)

Rob Toth
10-31-2010, 11:55 PM
Just food for thought...

Someone I know claims he looks for product launches with names that have potential common typos in their names. He buys the mispelling version of the domain and redirects it to his affiliate link.

Claims just this technique alone has had him profiting $25k this past year.

That all said... this was from a random conversation we had 2 months ago, I didn't validate any of the info and don't have any other details.

Common sense does follow (as domainers run this gimmick tactic too with big success). But just figured I'd post it here as yet another angle to experiment with.

Dan B
11-02-2010, 06:05 AM
I think you highlight the right issue, and this really shows the difference between simply having a site and directing traffic, or having a LIST.

I don't know how many subscribers you could of received, impossible to say really, but I am sure that yes you would of made more sales with a list... and you also could of promoted another launch to that same (but bigger) list this month... and next month... and...

I would recommend anyone and everyone to start niche list building on their sites, I have seen it from both sides - as a vendor my list owning affiliates send 10x more traffic and make 10-20x more sales than anyone else, and my own lists make very healthy profits for me and allow me to JV with some very successful people... it's win-win... its ALL about the list.

Len Wright
11-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I also agree 100%!

Ever heard the saying, "The money is in the list"? Well it is certainly true as long as you treat that list like a business, build rock solid relationships with your opt-ins, provide huge value and reap the rewards of loyalty ;D

I was just talking the other day with someone that said they can't wait to recieve emails and offers from a particular opt-in list that I know of, that is where we all want to be, in a place where our subscribers LOVE receiving our emails.

Your building a real asset by concentrating on cultivating a solid list of loyal subscribers that will pay for years if done right. It will take time and a lot of effort but it is well worth it many times over! ;D

Build it and they will come, lol ;D

maricor
11-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I am a newbie with product launches. So you can guess everything I did was more of an experiment. :)
I don't have a list, neither do I have a website when I started.
I learned about product launches through Craig K's IPK and thought I try it out. :)

My first launch was with Traffic Siphon.
I set up a review website (didn't make it to Google first page) and did some article marketing.
I made 3 sales.. not bad as it was my first launch. ;)

My next launch was with Zero Down Traffic - again set up a website which didn't make it to first page. ::)
But this time, I experimented with Press Releases. At the day of the launch, my news article was #1 on Google Search for "Zero Down Traffic Blueprint". The result? 16 sales. I made $286.13. Sweet!

It gets even better, I made $606.38 with the launch of Traffic Mayhem/Auto Mass Traffic. This time, I didn't set up a review site. ;D

And more, made two sales with Insider's HQ...again, no site, no list. $900+ profit.

With Covert Cash Conspiracy, I set up a review site which made it to #1 on Google for the product name. I didn't do any article marketing or press releases... I made ONE sale. :)

I had my down moments too:
48Hrs Cash Club - One Sale
The Amazing Widget - One Sale
Guru Siphon - No Sale

Reading the messages here, I am curious about list building ::) I guess it's time I do a research on how to do it. :)

John Wagner
11-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I gotta say people, this is a very informative thread. It is revealing and helpful to share personal experiences Promoting Product Launches. I will be most happy to share my experiences in the future.

Craig Michaels
11-07-2010, 12:47 AM
A good tactic to follow is to order a domain
as close as you can to the actual product
you are launching (sometimes you can
score a .net alternative fairly easy) and
start building backlinks to the page.

By the time launch comes, sometimes you
can even outrank the real website for
certain keyword terms in the SERPs.

Glen Kirkham
11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
It's all about the relationship with the list.... I reckon I could outperform a 10,000 with a 1,000 list...

It's all about 'giving' to the list, and ye shall receive :-)

farfrombrooklyn
11-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Give and thou shall receive is right on, Glen.

Kudos with the product launch, oh what fun!

If it wasn't' for the Internet, where would I be?

Experiment away, awesome!!!

Trying out new things is key to your success moving forward, I explore rationally creating a healthy balance of tried & true, plus new. Managing the risk is important to building a healthy growth path.

Cheers, Sergio.

Peter Hodges
11-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Yes, it`s all about giving and not abusing your list.

Keep giving and they will too

Reno X
12-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Product launch promotions are great and they do work indeed very well for
sending out to your list if you have one.

It's so simple to do as well and does not take much time.

I simply go to the new product affiliate page, copy their email
swipes and enter them into the autoresponder, set it for broadcast
and forget about it until I check my CB stats :)

Works awesome and only takes a few minutes to set up.

Cheers

Reno

vivek narayan
12-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Hi there,

I recently promoted Auto Mass Traffic through nothing but my website for which I worked hard on.

My website was ranking 2nd on Launch Day.

WOW.....I made 8 sales!But the thing was,If I would have had a list,I could have done better....

So...I think if you have a list,and you have some bonuses for a product launch.....you're going right...

I was encouraged to do this expiriment because of Michael Rasmussen....

Do share with me your experiments!!!

Sim Aurile

Hey Sim,
First,congrats on your success.Now as you have tasted success with a product launch,I hope you would be inspired to participate in them more often.

Yes,you can certainly make much more by having a list and offering valuable bonuses.Sometimes bonuses appeal more to the prospects than the main product itself.

Recently during the Hostgator's "Black Friday" promotion,I first promoted it to my list without offering any bonus.The result:I made a total of 8 sales during the first five hours.

Seeing the moderate response,I decided to offer one of my premium product as a bonus for those who purchased through my link.Result:I made 70+ more sales during the 24 hr promotion.

Also the fact that "quality" wins over "quantity" is perfectly true.You can out perfrom a list of 10,000 with a list of 1,000,if you have good relations with your list,your subscribers value your advise and the bonuses you are offering matches with the product you are promoting.