PDA

View Full Version : adswaps - do I need a non-free product?

Mike Miller
09-30-2010, 08:17 PM
As of now I have 0 subscribers.

My plan is to buy lots of solo ads from people here and elsewhere. These would point toward a standard free optin squeeze page.

Then, I would change over to adswaps/cross promo's.

My question is, do most people do ad swaps for free-optin products. Or do I need a paid product so I can give them a commision?

Dan B
10-05-2010, 09:55 AM
If it is an ad-swap with even traffic levels then I don't think people will have a problem - often these can be sent without either of you using an affiliate link, and if this is the case then it doesn't matter where their traffic is going to.

The only problem you would have is a proper cross promotion where your partner wants to make commission as well as receiving traffic, so longer term it might be a good idea to develop these types of relationship and obviously develop a product too :)

tajinder
10-07-2010, 10:57 AM
i recommend you using giveaway events to build base of subscribers 1st.then only do ad swaps or solo ads.one thing you need to be careful by using solo ads,it might not convert.because some of the lists may be old and people are not using the same email anymore.

it's okay to use free product.just make sure it's unique to build your credibility.

kcolgan
10-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Quick tip before buying any solo ads...

Ask question about the list

What are the real interest of the list. You can blast to a 100K email recipient on how to make money online... but if your list is about how to grow mushroom on a lunar base I don't think it's going to convert well

:)

Aira
10-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Hi Mike,

Though that sounds like a good plan. I agree with the people here. You should first build a base list using JV giveaways or a free WSO in Warriorforum.com.

Once you have around 250 people in your list, you can find some adswap partners.

Just a word of warning. Though solo ads may seem like a good source of optin traffic, it is not. So be sure to ask the list owner about the list and its conversion rate before agreeing.

Best of luck,

Aira

Tony Marriott
11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Mike,

Though that sounds like a good plan. I agree with the people here. You should first build a base list using JV giveaways or a free WSO in Warriorforum.com.

Once you have around 250 people in your list, you can find some adswap partners.

Just a word of warning. Though solo ads may seem like a good source of optin traffic, it is not. So be sure to ask the list owner about the list and its conversion rate before agreeing.

Best of luck,

Aira

Like everything in this world there are good and bad. Solo lists are no different.
Fisrt considerr that solo lists are likely to be less responsive than some other list
that are used predomanently for affiliate or product promotion.
Else the owners would promote products -right?

That being said if you ensure you use lists from respectable sources and that
have user reccomendations you should be good.

I have personally used solos to great effect. I usually try to sell my own product
to the list to get a few buyer subscribers. In most cases I make enough to the
buy another solo to the same list and offer a freebie that I convert to subscribers
at around 50%.

Only in one case did this not work and the list owner happily remailed me another
freebie offer to pich up the gap.

One important thing is ensure you get a minimum click guarantee. Don't worry
about list size. That way even if most of their list is old and unresponsive you
know the ones that are comming to you are fresh and responsive.

And yes make sure the list is IM, if that's what yours is!

Craig Michaels
11-07-2010, 12:27 AM
I've personally had decent success with purchasing
solo ADs.

Just make sure you get vouchers from a few other
people before making the purchase. Direct
testimonials are always a reliable source on
whether or not a list is quality.