PDA

View Full Version : Is PPV good to build opt-in lists??

abbesnetwork
08-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Hi,

Is PPV good to quick list building? Witch is the best ppv network, from experience?

Thanks

Razvan

Dean Slayton
08-28-2010, 02:54 PM
I've only had experience with Mediatraffic. They're pretty good. I ran email cpa offers through them. I can't remember what my optin % was.

Just make sure you have a good server setup, and split test a lot with something like PPV dominator.

Also, from what I hear TrafficVance has the best quality traffic. Also DirectCPV might be worth looking into.

hope this helps

Dan B
08-31-2010, 08:06 AM
I would never really use PPV traffic seriously. It costs like $8 for 10,000 hits, on google cost per click ads this would cost you $5,000 - there is a reason it is cheaper...

... because it is largely junk traffic. It is from people who are browsing your site to get credits to send people to their sites in return, or people who get "credits" for browsing your site to claim gifts etc - they are not really interested in your niche, they didn't search for it, they are just not buyers.

I get 10s of 1000 of hits from PPV each week, and it rarely EVER converts. I don't even want it, every week I write to Clickbank with the IDs of affiliates who send this traffic and get them blocked from sending it to me.

I know you want the traffic for slightly different purposes, but still, to me this traffic is reral junk and not worth it.
Dan

abbesnetwork
08-31-2010, 06:33 PM
I would never really use PPV traffic seriously. It costs like $8 for 10,000 hits, on google cost per click ads this would cost you $5,000 - there is a reason it is cheaper...

... because it is largely junk traffic. It is from people who are browsing your site to get credits to send people to their sites in return, or people who get "credits" for browsing your site to claim gifts etc - they are not really interested in your niche, they didn't search for it, they are just not buyers.

I get 10s of 1000 of hits from PPV each week, and it rarely EVER converts. I don't even want it, every week I write to Clickbank with the IDs of affiliates who send this traffic and get them blocked from sending it to me.

I know you want the traffic for slightly different purposes, but still, to me this traffic is reral junk and not worth it.
Dan

yeah Dan... I think u're right. They are not buyers... thanks a lot

Joe Fier
09-01-2010, 04:39 AM
I've tried PPV for multiple things so far. When I was using it to build a list and then promote CPA offers on the backend, it converted decently and usually was able to offset the costs from the amount made through the offers.

As some others said here, these aren't the people who are going to pay big money for a program since they are cold cold COLD traffic. :-\

I've been using LeadImpact and they seem to send decent traffic. I would like to keep experimenting with some others, though.

- Joe

Jason Lights
09-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I have tried using PPV to build a list, its too costly in my opinion.

Barry Hurst
09-02-2010, 06:33 PM
The best PPV in my opinion is www.leadimpact.com although you are better off using PPV for CPA offers. If you want to build subscribers quickly setup your own article directory where people submit articles for free but you capture their details.

Go to www.articledashboard.com

Regards
Barry

giorgio79
09-06-2010, 01:38 AM
PPV is one of the least targeted traffic you can get.

Be warned that many vendors detest ppv affiliates as most of the time they just clog the server's bandwidth crowding out real targeted buyers. These kind of affiliates often get banned by CB vendors.

It is ironical that CB often sells hyped up IM products built around PPV tactics.

Laurie Rogers
09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I'll give you some insight as to where a lot of people promote PPV traffic ... on FACEBOOK inside games, with their "GET PAID TO SURF" programs, while hocking members to join their "mafia". Definitely NOT the type of traffic you want and honestly there's been so many bot programs designed for traffic sites since WAY back in the 90's that you REALLY, REALLY need to do a lot of research into where the traffic is coming from and if the company is reputable/established. I don't want people on my list that sit around playing games on facebook all day, I want people I am going to refer into my affiliate programs and make me CASH! Something to ponder ;) And what is ironical? The correct term is ironic.

Nick Sharp
09-20-2010, 02:21 AM
Some people have great success, but you have to optimize your landers to the right window size, etc.

And the quality of the leads is a step down in my opinion, compared to other sources. I think people often enter their email to try to get rid of the popup, but it can vary.

nitroweb
11-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Trafficvance has a reputation for good quality PPV traffic.

Michael Blair
11-14-2010, 11:00 PM
If you're selling Clickbank products PPV traffic is absolutely worthless. CPA offers convert decently and giving away free stuff to build your list works ok if you have quality material to give away.

lianjunyi
11-16-2010, 11:10 AM
PPV is good to build opt-in lists if you are promoting CPA programs