PDA

View Full Version : How to approach "big names"?

abbesnetwork
08-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi there,

Is somebody who knows some methods to approach "big names" in JV? Or if you've done this before what is the best method?

abbesnetwork
08-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Oh....well.. seeking in forum i've found the answer (or at least a part of it)

http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/topic,3746.0.html
True value this post

Adam Roy
08-12-2010, 10:30 PM
If you want to partner with the big shots, you have to give them what THEY want.

What THEY want is to give QUALITY to their list, no matter how much the commission is.

Secondly THEY want is a HIGH CONVERSION rate on your product.

If someone has a valuable list, you must provide valuable content, with a high converting sales letter.

So in order to approach respected marketers, with VALUABLE promotion efforts avalaible to them, you have to PROVE both of the above; A proven valuable system/guide/product & a proven high conversion rate on your offer.

When everybody wins, you, the JV, AND his list, you'll have a better chance at landing the opportunity.

Dwayne Jones
08-13-2010, 02:05 PM
When you approach them, make sure your product has a high EPC (earning per click)
A good EPC for big name marketers is $2.00 or more per click

abbesnetwork
08-16-2010, 07:29 PM
thanks

Taylor Winfield
08-18-2010, 04:58 PM
It's all about having your stats to hand and having confidence in your product. The big names are going to mail out for products they KNOW will do well if they do.

charleskirkland
08-19-2010, 11:57 PM
It is never about the money. Its about giving a great product and having someone
who can mail back and support you when you need to launch.

The best way to approach someone is by being a really good buyer or
to have made sales for them.

Charles

Ben Brandes
09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Totally agree with what Adam said, you need all your stats all your proof with good conversions. Even then many will not take you seriously.

One way I have used in the past is to see if any of my current contacts knows the person I wish to connect with. They then introduce me to them and that way they take you a lot more serious.

A recommendation goes a long way rather than approaching cold. That being said it is also a good habit to introduce your contacts to others to all collectively grow and expand together.

If approaching cold try sending them $10 in paypal, sending them a letter, sending them a gift using Fedex with a letter inside, voucher etc. Get creative - something that stands out.

Hope this helps!

Aaron Darko
09-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Yes Adam its all about the proof on conversions and selling them on why your product is a perfect fit for their list.

The money comes after that.

Yes Ben introductions are the best way to get someone. Because by association they take you more seriously and their guard is immediately lowered.

Just be yourself and don't force it the relationship just because you want them to mail!

It goes back to my previous post. You need to know what drives them - only then can you influence them

Ivan Georgiev
09-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Aaron - You are affiliate manager - Am I right ?

When doing a big launch why their should be an affiliate manager ? What is he responsible for ? Finding the Big Guns and
talk about your product or what ?

Could you explain this to me

Regards,
Ivan G

Nick Sharp
09-20-2010, 02:06 AM
Be creative (phone, singing telegram, etc. - that'd be funny) and have the numbers to back up your offer. And yes I'd say being in their coaching club (high dollar program) or a big affiliate would help get someone's ear.

Garland Coulson
09-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi there,

Is somebody who knows some methods to approach "big names" in JV? Or if you've done this before what is the best method?

To be brutally honest you probably can't until you "put in the time."

Why would an established Internet marketer promote a product from a virtual unknown? They wouldn't except in rare cases such as it being a product that can't be had anywhere else. IMers have an unlimited source of products to promote to their list so they don't need yours.

But here are some ways to get their attention.

1. Build your own list/audience first. If you have a large list/audience, now you might be of more interest to a big name. Because I have a list of 60K in the IM field, some of the big names are willing to deal with me.

2. Be a top affiliate. Want Russell Brunson or Yanik Silver to promote your product? Join their programs and promote their products. Once you get to be a top affiliate of theirs, you will come to their attention.

3. Put your product on Clickbank. Many of the large names like to promote Clickbank products. I know I prefer to promote them over other products because I don't need to login to another spot to check commissions.

Just a few tips, but they do take work.

michaelzenga999
09-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Great input. Gurus don't want to lose any stature with their list and want the highest EPCs possible. I have even heard that some of the top CB guys like Benwell generate over $3.00 EPC.

Matthew Iannotti
09-21-2010, 04:16 PM
I approached a super affiliate recently about a product that is getting 9.00 EPC so far. I can prove it too and offered him this. I take 10% and the optins, he can take 20%.

Never heard back from him..

affiliaterockstarx
09-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Having someone you know introduce you, is often
the best way to get your foot in the door.

Craig

Aaron Darko
09-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Hi Ivan - Yes that is correct.

There is a need for an affiliate manager because the product owner has a lot to do.

So the affiliate manager goes and gets everyone hyped up and locked in for the launch. It is essential for any big launch to have one.

Getting the affiliates hyped and making sure they are going to mail is a full time job lol trust me!

Mario Brown
09-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I second what Craig said. One of the best ways is to meet people that know the big names. Your best shot to meet them is by going to IM seminars where you meet people live. The time during the breaks and after the speakers are done is often a lot more important than the actual seminar, because this is where you get to meet other Internet Marketers, where you can connect and build relationships.

Another great method is to promote for the big names first. They will hardly pay any attention to you if they don't know you. John Reese said that he'd only consider people that also made sales for him.

My 2 cents,
Mario

abbesnetwork
09-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Having someone you know introduce you, is often
the best way to get your foot in the door.

Great idea. thanks

Prashant1720
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh....well.. seeking in forum i've found the answer (or at least a part of it)

http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/topic,3746.0.html
True value this post

Some Real good tips there. I would love to know more :D

Aira
10-29-2010, 08:03 AM
I think one of the ways to approach big names is to tip the scale in their favor. You always have to remember that you are the one asking for something. Not the other way around. Of course, the offer does not always have to be money. Sometimes, it just boils down to making your JV partner's life as easy as you can make it.

jacksonlin
10-31-2010, 09:30 PM
I got the attention of a big name by doing his course and succeeding at it. That really got his attention!

Then I started show casing my site following his method in his support forum, I think that helped to encourage other members but also got him interested in me.

Rob Toth
10-31-2010, 11:22 PM
If it's a question of how do you find them to reach them... get on Facebook! Once you're friends with them, you'll usually find an email, phone or other contact info in their profile. But it's also a way to learn of their interests, skim their recent status updates to see what they've been up to etc.

Facebook based networking (or JV invites) give you 5 instant benefits:
- you can connect with them directly on there (via PM, write on their wall) or grab their contact info from their page
- you can learn about their interests (customize your creative idea such as send a pack of golf balls with your letter if you know they are huge golf fans, silly example but you get the point)
- you can learn about what their working on (customize your message to be timely)
- THEY can see a snapshot of you.. your picture, your status updates, your web links
- THEY can see social proof if the 2 of you have common friends.

Facebook rocks.

And forget that dumb blue-bird nonsense called Twatter or whatever it's called. Use that thing for syndication. ANd as a last resort to connect with JVs.

You can also seek out your chosen prospective JV partner on YouTube, Linked-In etc.

As suggested by others.. make the message custom and creative.

Above and beyond that, make your "pitch" irresistable or at least not cookie-cutter (we're lauching on CB, here's your link for 50% commissions).

I would disagree with a couple of statements suggesting you don't have a chance if you're a no-name.

In fact, I strongly disagree.

IF you have PROVEN EXPERTISE, then whether your name is branded or not is irrelevant.

I'm working more and more closely with someone who has 12+ years in massive media buying / CPA world but is "unknown" in info-product land.

The man is VIP, "guru to the gurus" in the media buying space, yet unknown to IMers.

Didn't take long before his credentials and proof of results got the attention of 8-figure big shots.

And I expect we can land him deals with 9-figure internet web properties soon too.

Doesn't much matter if you're "known"... it matters if you SHOULD be known (or at least if your product should be).

----------------------

@Matthew Iannotti - I won't pretend I know nearly enough about your situation so please feel free to ignore this. But I'd say persistence counts.

First off, your "JV split the leads"... I don't even understand that. Why not just have 100% in either his or your account but it should be a list that either of you can mail to and export?

More importantly though... I'm sure you've had others send you emails or leave your voicemails about something that was important/interesting to them but they caught you at a time when it was simply a distraction to you. I have emails in my inbox right now from Wednesday that I still didn't reply to. Email has been low priority in my world recently. If you have a HIGH VALUE, RELEVANT, HIGH EPC (with valid proof) offer, there's no reason not to followup with that person.

I'd also recommend trying a new medium. Some people are email-whores, others are Facebook-junkies, others just love everything by phone. Some even love texting (those are the ones who never get replies from me... I hate texting even to friends). Point is, if you emailed, try them via skype, or phone or direct mail or twitter (bah!!), or Facebook. etc.

----------------------

@Mario -
"Your best shot to meet them is by going to IM seminars where you meet people live. The time during the breaks and after the speakers are done is often a lot more important than the actual seminar, because this is where you get to meet other Internet Marketers, where you can connect and build relationships. "

Yes! What he said. Face to face connections or having lunch or a drink with someone is RIDICULOUSLY powerful. Like *RIDICULOUSLY*. And don't let the fact that I produce/host a IM seminar fool you. I'm saying this because it's an absolute turbo-boost to your JV deal abilities. I fully agree with Mario.