PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any experience with Ezine Advertising?

Kunj K
07-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm in the Internet Marketing niche and am well versed in all the paid traffic sources except Ezine Advertising (i.e. sending solo and sponsored ads out to related Ezine lists).

If anyone has tried this form of traffic generation...

1) Does it actually work?
2) I'm a member of Charlie Page's Directory of Ezines, but most of the IM-related Ezines are VERY badly put together (think those websites back in 1997)
3) Can anyone recommend any solid ezines to advertise in for an IM product?
4) What about Arcamax... do they actually deliver?

Ezine Advertising seems to be IM's biggest secret. People rarely refer to it, but when they do, it's mostly good. Hmm... very hush-hush 8)

Anyone got any experience with this?

David Olmst
07-08-2010, 10:41 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I used a couple of ezines about 5 years ago. After spending a little money to test things out, my click through rate was 0.

I am curious if there are ethical ones out there in this world and if you do actually get a chance to sell a product.

Desmond
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Hi also join Charlie Page Directory of Ezines recently. Can't much about the success of yet. Try one solo ad and also no sales. I am waiting for a second one going out on the 2 nd of August. Will see what happens then.

Steve Benn
07-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Kunj,

I've had a go before, and had so so results. I think you need to have a highly targetted, relevant ezine and to understand the audience.

What kinda seems obvious at the start often ends up being quite wrong. By that, I mean you think you know the market and the audience and make assumptions - and they turn out to be wrong.

charleskirkland
08-20-2010, 12:26 AM
ArcoMax has great traffic.

But if you are on a budget get some solos from
Abby over at DEMC.com

She has a great list.

Charles

candres79
08-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I have some fairly decent results using supersolos.com

Thier ads are pretty cheap...you get four solo ads for about $20

check them out and see what you think, for 20 bucks its worth a try.

giorgio79
08-26-2010, 03:36 PM
I had success with ezinearticles.com. I redirected the user to my own site with the affiliate links, as ezinearticles does not allow anymore any direct aff links.

At the end of the day, a quality ezine that gets views and is properly targeted for your keywords is a considerable effort, and since content is king you are better off putting it on your own blog. This way you will get the google juice instead of an article site.

I would not base a business model on article marketing for sure. It is nice to play with, but not a long term solution. Even article sites can get Google penalties, etc.

tblrg
08-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Yes, it works well in niche segments where that's a dominant method for getting information. In my Finance and Accounting niche, I place advertisements in CPA ezines across multiple geographies. For less than $500, conversion is pretty good. Suggest you ask the publisher for 'click rates' to select more effective ezine if there are multiple ones. Most will tell you about the number of subscribers, not the click rates.

Laurie Rogers
09-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah DEMC has always produced good results, I used to get a ton of traffic from Abby when I worked for her and I'm sure Mike would confirm that since he used to work there too ;)