PDA

View Full Version : Where to Get Cheap, Targeted Traffic to Split Test?

DavidWalkerTV
07-01-2010, 01:04 PM
My new "make money" product is nearing completion but I need some cheap, targeted traffic to throw at the sales page to split test headlines, price points etc.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

I am reluctant to use Google Adwords due to being completely inexperienced at it and the possibility of huge CPC costs.

If anyone can offer me any suggestions that would be great!

David

citrus
07-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Some of the best traffic you can possibly get happens to be free: JVs :)

You'll probably want to personally contact someone to test for you...make sure to give them a good reason to help you out.

DavidWalkerTV
07-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Hi Curtis,

Thanks for the response.

It's hard to convince JVs to mail for you when you don't have any hard evidence that the page converts, which is why I wanted to look into some paid advertising for tweaking/testing purposes.

If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know!

David

citrus
07-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Give them access to your product to show that it's really good. Show them your sales copy so they KNOW it'll convert before it even gets tested (ideally, you'll have hired a proven copywriter).

Give them 100% commissions, or at least a much higher rate than they'd normally get. Ethically bribe them if you have to.

You'll only need them to mail a segment of their list, like 1-2K, to get some good numbers to work with.

DavidWalkerTV
07-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks for your advice, Curtis.

David

charleskirkland
08-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Start doing PPV and see what happens. Go with Traffic Vance for some cheap traffic.

It works.

Charles

Emilis Strimaitis
08-20-2010, 04:36 PM
I am reluctant to use Google Adwords due to being completely inexperienced at it and the possibility of huge CPC costs.

You can try Facebook PPC network. It's much cheaper and you will get tons of traffic due to popularity of Facebook.

rmartin33
08-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Look at Google's content network to target demographically similar audiences to your own.

Some marketers avoid using the Content network b/c of click fraud issues (many of which have been taken care of)...but the targeting options are great in the Content network & less marketers means less competition. Watch your conversions closely (use "placement reports") & filter down your list of sites to the ones sending the best traffic...