PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Forum? Real JVs?

ianternet
06-13-2010, 11:42 AM
are there real Warriors that do JV work in the warriorforum? The reason I ask is because I gave away my product for review but not all of them even promoted the product... so I am trying to think what is a good way to trigger and help with getting JVs to promote?

David Olmst
06-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Ian,

My experience is they are trying to get a free product from you. This is my guess as it happens on other forums too. I do not hang around much on the Warrior Forum so I cannot be 100 percent for sure but I would put money on this guess.

This use to happen to me all the time on outsourcing sites such as Rent a Coder when I tried training them on SEO software. They just wanted the software. I learned from that though.

Garland Coulson
06-14-2010, 02:22 PM
I have done several excellent JVs through Warrior Forum. The trick is to build your own list first (mine is over 60,000) as this will attract the more successful members.

Then I do some background checking on the potential partners to make sure they have the list sizes they say they do.

Garret Acott
06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
warriorforum is a great place for a lot of reasons, but in my experience it's not real great for JV's. While there are definitely some great marketers there, the vast majority are still working on getting started IMO.

Garret

ianternet
06-16-2010, 11:09 AM
yea I find they are freeloaders in there... my admin recruited several JVs with list but havent promoted at all, I guess that is what the majority of the affiliates are really. argh

Levi Brown
06-16-2010, 02:11 PM
We are just launched a product on the WSO forum over there and I got three decent JVs with "middle to fair" production and list size. However - they did not just SING UP - they really wanted to become friends - not that that is bad - but if it is going to take talking to a guy for a couple hours and endless emails for two weeks straight to even convince them it is a good idea, then not so cool for the time invovled. While I normally dont mind putting in time - this maybe just wasn't the best "allocation of time". One of the three produced about 7 orders.

So - l;ong story short! I agree - very cool forum not so cool for making great JV partnerships.

Tommie Powers
06-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I have also found that most people in the WF are still working towards becoming successful.

However, there are also some major players over there as well.

Lately, I have been really paying attention to the WSO section and then researching the profiles of the sellers.

By looking at their stats, you can tell who is doing what. I take that info and try to build relationships with those people.

The ones that have many WSO threads with many replies usually have a nice list of buyers.

There are also many other high level potential JVs that don't sell over there as well.

You just have to get in there and do your homework. Then you need to develop relationships.

Tommie

ianternet
06-17-2010, 09:36 AM
well I even put up my product on there in WSO and it seems tough to get a sale I get 2-4 sales every time I renew my WSO... but other than that its nothing big like I had hope for.

anyone else?

@tommie hmmm that is interesting... I may have to attack and ask the bigger players in teh forum then

Garret Acott
06-17-2010, 09:42 AM
I have found that there are ways to run a WSO and ways not to run a WSO, and often not so obvious.

I have been lucky in that my WSOs do quite well. If you would like PM me the WSO link and I would be happy to take a look at it for you.

@Tommie, nice way to go about it.

Ian, I wouldn't call them Freeloaders as much as people really just trying to figure things out. Most have probably outspent they income by a large degree and are reaching for anything that makes a promise.

Garret

ianternet
06-28-2010, 07:47 AM
garret thanks - yea I know they are trying to learn... but when you learn you dont want to spend. I know that is how I was when I first first started.\

sending a pm

I have found that there are ways to run a WSO and ways not to run a WSO, and often not so obvious.

I have been lucky in that my WSOs do quite well. If you would like PM me the WSO link and I would be happy to take a look at it for you.

Ian, I wouldn't call them Freeloaders as much as people really just trying to figure things out. Most have probably outspent they income by a large degree and are reaching for anything that makes a promise.

Garret

Jeffrey Dean
06-28-2010, 02:04 PM
I haven't had good luck with the Warrior Forum for JVing. Many people promised the world but did nothing. For your effort, its not worth the time.

I've seen alot of successful JV come from this forum (Craig Beckta and Charles Kirkland come to mind as examples) though I haven't done at JVNotifyPro myself - later this year I will. From my time interacting on this forum, I've seen that Mike Merz really knows what he's talking about and puts what he knows into action.

Garland Coulson is right about building lists. I would add that if you create a relationship with your list your conversions will be higher. Responsive lists give you more leverage when trying to work with others.

I would also strongly urge you to have two products. An upfront one which sells for $100 and a backend product that sells for at least $500.

Tommie Powers
07-08-2010, 01:52 PM
@tommie hmmm that is interesting... I may have to attack and ask the bigger players in teh forum then

Garret

Have either of you found success so far using the strategy I talked about?

It is working well for me so far even though it is a slow process.

I'd love to hear how it is working out for others or even if other people are using this technique.

Tommie

Chad H
07-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Hey Ian,

First off, much respect to the content you provide on your blog and what not. I know it's helped out lots of people in CPA and affiliate marketing especially.

I am assuming you did a lot of front end testing to establish conversion rates and EPC's for your sales page before going to JVs and Affiliates. It's just like on CPA networks, talk to an aff managers and the majority of the affiliates on the network don't run traffic or don't know how to convert it. It's just a fact.

The first 2 WSO's I launched were just free WSO's to start building my list. But then I made a mistake of having my first paid WSO (a webinar series) at a higher price point. That kind of flopped, I think I had 1 sign up, so what I did was I conducted a free webinar, similar to what you're doing on OV, and posted that as a free WSO.

I had a much better response and converted about 50% on the call, and then about another bunch from testimonials posted about the free webinar.

I've now had a few people contact me about future endeavours which is pretty cool.

The main thing I'm learning is you have to make it really easy and enticing for the JV's to promote. JV sign up pages that explain conversion rates and EPCs on various traffic sources can help a lot. Providing promo material such as cut and paste e-mails, that have been tested, make it all the more worth while. Some guys even give 100% on the front end because they have strong upsells and one time offers. Even if you don't get a purchase on the upsell, you get something almost as valuable, and that's a proven buyer.

As far as writing WSO's, in my experience it's different than writing a normal sales page. It shouldn't be too sensationalist but at the same time people just want that big red easy button to push that throws money out of their computer. They don't want to know that it takes work. Sure, when they get the product they will see the truth of "work", but many won't refund for that reason since you did your part of the deal and delivered well.

But above all and I'm sure everyone here knows this, having a converting offer makes all this much easier. When you can verify that data to someone with a responsive list, they will be far more willing in sending your offer to their hard earned subscribers. You can bypass a lot of back and forth with good verified numbers in place.

sorry I rambled there.....

KevinRiley
07-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Ian

I'm quite a regular at the Warrior Forum, but I've never promoted someone just because they were giving away review copies. In fact, I have no time for reviewing stuff.

The people I promote for don't contact me through the WF. They contact me directly after building a relationship. Most of my promotions are cemented on Skype.

Kunj K
07-12-2010, 09:49 AM
In my experience the best people to do JV's with are established Clickbank vendors.

They understand JV's, have fresh responsive lists and quality products.

Go through the relevant Marketplace category and contact some of them. I think it would be time well spent compared to finding people on the Warrior Forum.

billgratton
07-15-2010, 04:14 AM
well I even put up my product on there in WSO and it seems tough to get a sale I get 2-4 sales every time I renew my WSO... but other than that its nothing big like I had hope for.

anyone else?

Like Mike Merz has mentioned in one of his post, most JV just take part & then never follow through or take action.

This is what I experience also. That's why we usually go ahead with large number of JVs... because among 100, maybe less than 10 are really big affiliate partners who are marketing your stuff.

(sometimes, it is still law of large number... like old saying, the harder you work, the luckier you get)

Somewhere somehow you will just hit big affiliate partner... of course your product, your program must be top notch at the very first place.

Steve Benn
07-16-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't think a subgroup of people who say they want to JV actually do - they just want free stuff. Which is kinda sad really.

I also think that a lot of potential JV partners, just forget, get distracted, or don't really know what to do...

John Oszajca
07-22-2010, 09:52 PM
In my experience there is always a percentage of people who are after the free product. I think it just goes along with the territory. needless to say, when it is not a public posting like that in the WF, I don't see it as much.

ianternet
07-22-2010, 11:05 PM
thanks is there an easy way to do that besides doing a spy research on ppc ads?

In my experience the best people to do JV's with are established Clickbank vendors.

They understand JV's, have fresh responsive lists and quality products.

Go through the relevant Marketplace category and contact some of them. I think it would be time well spent compared to finding people on the Warrior Forum.

Mike Merz
07-23-2010, 11:25 AM
In my experience ... especially over the last 3 years, the number of merchants and ... subsequently, launches are ever increasing. Toss in the fact that pretty much the whole world has been in a recession, and the end result has seen a glut of launches with mediocre to dismal sales results. You have more fishermen fishing from the same water hole and there's a shortage of fish ... to boot. :P

In an effort to make up the difference, merchants have been going bananas trying to get every warm body they can on board their launches by opening up the 2nd Tier and blasting it all over the place ... big mistake. Going by my previous 'fishermen' analogy, the top partners stay away from the promotion because it's too 'out there' ... too many lines in the water going after the same fish, and not worth their time. The AP loses all it's exclusivity and credibility and almost always bombs out.

The solution? Strategic Alliances.

Bring on partners one at a time that have the same goals and abilities you have to promote, and bring other facets of a true joint venture to the table ... partners that you actually grow to know and work with in an ongoing basis. Support each other when possible. The idea is not to send out a recruitment blast and support the results with broadcast followups to the whole list, and hoping that a reasonable % of them will follow through ... it's actually contacting partners that you work with on a regular basis, personally, and getting confirmation, or not, from them ... personally. Don't hope for results ... plan on getting as close to knowing what kind of support you're going to get as you can. By creating a close knit SA, you can qualify and add partners to it ongoing.

In a typical launch I've witnessed recently, over 300 potential JV partners were brought on board ... out of that, 20 or so were regular partners of the merchant and had made sales for them in past launches ... they accounted for over 70% of the total sales, minus the merchant's own sales. Long story short, if that merchant had focused on adding to the list of 20 (qualified each of the potential JV partners individually and attempted to create and nurture relationships with those that qualified) ... as opposed to padding the initial 300, they would have no doubt been much more successful.

The moral to the story is that 'quality over quantity' + 'slow and steady wins the race' could not be more accurate when applied to JV Partner recruitment.

Cheers,

Mike

Barry Hurst
07-25-2010, 06:21 PM
There are very good JV partners on the warrior forum such as George Montagu Brown, Alex Shelton or Adheel Chowdery. You just need to search for them and ask. You never know what may happen. I have ended up swapping with Alan Magloccia and Tim Bekker two big dogs. As the saying goes "if you dont ask you dont get"

virgie
03-02-2011, 05:22 AM
Thank you very much for this ..

alanb
03-02-2011, 11:16 AM
I have found better JV's in this forum, it may be that this is what this forum is all about perhaps, I don't know...

The Warrior forum is also great, but it is also more competitive...
both are a good place to look for JV's though.

Cheers!

Mike Merz
03-02-2011, 12:21 PM
As a long time Warrior, myself (I go back to the 'old board', late 90s/early 20s) ... I have a great deal of respect for Allen (Says), Paul (Myers) + other long time contributors. There's no doubt in my mind that there are plenty of quality JV Partner candidates on the WF ... same as here. We get a lot of traffic for a community that specializes in JV Marketing, as opposed to general IM ... as the WF does, but they trump us in the traffic department ... overall (we'll give them a better run when we get deep into JVNP 2.0 mode. ;)).

Either way, you're exposed to a fairly large number of potential, quality JV Partners on either site ... how attractive are you as a potential JV Partner to interest them?

Cheers,

Mike

earnme97
03-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Hey Ian, and fellow friends,

I dont know about you guys. But the WarriorForum has worked a great deal for me for getting JV's.(I have made a thread on that too)

Let me tell you one thing, it is not easy. The warriorforum is a place where you have to make a name to get fame. Make good posts, good replies, be active and all. Thats all that matters.

I have been a member there, for nearly 2 years now. I have made 400+ posts and have been thanked 300+ times. I have some people(like 50) subscribed to me, whenever I post. Why? Because they find my content helpful.

Thats what you have to do. I know it takes time, but it is very much worth it.

So dont expect to go their on Day1 and expect loads and loads of affiliates and JV's.

As Mike Merz said, there are other people there like Allen(Says) who is the moderator, and has like 3,000 subscribers. These are the people who are always notified when he makes a post.

Others like Jeremy and PLENTY other.

All the best
Sim Aurile a.k.a F2

Mike Merz
03-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Hey Ian, and fellow friends,

I dont know about you guys. But the WarriorForum has worked a great deal for me for getting JV's.(I have made a thread on that too)

Let me tell you one thing, it is not easy. The warriorforum is a place where you have to make a name to get fame. Make good posts, good replies, be active and all. Thats all that matters.

I have been a member there, for nearly 2 years now. I have made 400+ posts and have been thanked 300+ times. I have some people(like 50) subscribed to me, whenever I post. Why? Because they find my content helpful.

Thats what you have to do. I know it takes time, but it is very much worth it.

So dont expect to go their on Day1 and expect loads and loads of affiliates and JV's.

As Mike Merz said, there are other people there like Allen(Says) who is the moderator, and has like 3,000 subscribers. These are the people who are always notified when he makes a post.

Others like Jeremy and PLENTY other.

All the best
Sim Aurile a.k.a F2

Sim, that's been the same strategy I've begged folks to follow here from Day 1. ;)

Pretty logical, actually ...

The more credibility, trust + respect you generate through your actions ... the easier it should be to get a positive response, in this case ... JV wise.

Cheers,

Mike

E Brian Rose
03-02-2011, 02:54 PM
I have met some great folks and done some fantastic joint ventures from people in the Warrior Forum. So, to answer the OP's question... yes, you can find some great partners there. Like anything else, you will have to weed out the rif raf.

Robin Durham
03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

When someone tells you they have a list of 30,000 or whatever the number, how do you verify that? I saw an earlier post that said they researched this but how?

Thanks for any input..

Dave Lianelli
03-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Hey Robin,

either thru a service that reviews the users' email accounts. (can't remember the url) There is at least 1 site that does this. It's a sort of membership site specialized in adswaps.

You can also ask for screenshots and references. Although screenshots can be faked... References are much harder to fake. I always ask for their contact details and contact the reference thru skype or sometimes even the phone.

Robin Durham
03-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Thank you Dave.. :)

E Brian Rose
03-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey Robin,

either thru a service that reviews the users' email accounts. (can't remember the url) There is at least 1 site that does this. It's a sort of membership site specialized in adswaps.

You can also ask for screenshots and references. Although screenshots can be faked... References are much harder to fake. I always ask for their contact details and contact the reference thru skype or sometimes even the phone.

The site your are thinking of is safe-swaps.com.

Dave Lianelli
03-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Wow!

You just read my mind! You should write a report on how to do that...

On a more serious note, yes, that's the site I was referring too. However, here are some more for those interested:

IMAdswaps.com
swapezineads.com

vikdymone
03-03-2011, 05:25 PM
are there real Warriors that do JV work in the warriorforum? The reason I ask is because I gave away my product for review but not all of them even promoted the product... so I am trying to think what is a good way to trigger and help with getting JVs to promote?

I think a lot of these are in a inner circle and only do things like that amongst themselves tell me about the product I might can help!

Samuel Junghenn
03-04-2011, 12:16 AM
When giving out free or "review" copies qualify
them by making them fill in a survey that you can
then use to weed out the tire kickers and also
gather valuable info for your launch/sales page.

dejurs2000
03-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm going to give WF a go, will try to find some JVs there. However, i don't think i will waste my time trying to convince each and everyone of them. And definitely not going to share my product for free. Thanks for sharing your experince guys, will let you know how WF serve me :)

margo
03-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Yes, you can find good JV's in WF.

And about giving out review copies in WF who say they are thinking to promote: Just check his backround and what he talks in WF. Who he is. If he claims to have list of 50,000 but posts show, that he started out with internet marketing 2 months ago, then it's not hard to see, that he/she wants your product for free.

Or if you get some old senior Warrior who wants for review copy...sure...give. If he comes back in future...who looks stupid then? Not you. There are guys who live on review copies....they never take action and just read every day. Just ignore them and move on.

Fabian Tan
03-07-2011, 06:48 AM
The Warrior Forum is great for getting a ton of JV
partners. What I have found works for separating
the wheat from the chaff is to start out by doing
smaller types of joint ventures first, like ad
swaps or cross-promotions.

Once you have done an ad swap or cross-promotion
with someone, you have built some form of JV
relationship with them already, and they will be
more receptive to promoting your launches in the
future. In this way, you can create your own
circle of JV partners very fast because you
started off relationships with mutual give-and-
take (ad swaps, cross-promotions or bartering).

To do this, you would need either your own mailing
list or a skill (like article writing, graphic
design etc) to barter with. As always, it is what
you can give to JV partners so you can receive.
Giving out free copies of your product used to be
effective only for getting testimonials, and it is
a tactic that is not allowed on the Warrior Forum
anymore. Besides, the tactic only attracts mostly
consumers, rather than actual JV partners.

So create a super product, start off with smaller
joint ventures first, and get your name out there!

Fabian

Abel Chua
03-09-2011, 03:43 AM
I think Warrior Forum has a lot of good info there. Maybe good for adswaps, solo ads and such. But for JV Partners for your affiliate products. They're not too good there. Many are just starting out so, promoting your products would be difficult there. You should try this forum.

Micah Woodard
10-22-2018, 02:03 PM
I'm going to give WF a go, will try to find some JVs there.
Thanks for sharing your experince guys, will let you know how WF serve me)

Emanuel Rolle
02-02-2020, 07:59 AM

I would like to find out the result of your solution to the warrior forum Jvs partnership.
I am thinking of promoting my product on that platform, but want to make sure I am dealing
with serious Jvs and not freebie seekers.