PDA

View Full Version : What's the best JV advice you ever received?

Tommie Powers
05-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Hello and thanks for reading this.

I hope everyone can get involved in this thread because I have been receiving some good advice lately, but I still feel like there is a lot to learn.

So far the best advice I received was from a good friend of mine who said most people would have no problem promoting my stuff if I did the following:

1. Tested and optimized my landing pages for optimum conversions and had some proof.
2. Tell them how much money they will make for every visitor they send.
3. Make it easy as copy, paste, and clicking send.

He also said the main reason he would promote me is because he knows I know my stuff.

I guess this is where the personal relationship piece comes in. I have been giving him solid advice for a few months on one of his other projects.

So what's the best advice about joint ventures you ever received?

P.S. Don't hold back on the good stuff!

KevinRiley
05-26-2010, 05:42 AM
Tommie

When people approach me to either JV with them or promote their products, my biggest concern is the quality of their product or service, and how it will fit with my list. If it doesn't meet criteria on this, the rest doesn't matter.

citrus
05-26-2010, 09:33 AM
You need your JV partners much more than they need you, so put them first.

shireesh
05-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Tommie,

I agree with Kevin. Quality of your product or service and its relevance to the JV partner's list is of prime importance.

Once you have satisfied your JV partner about those, then the conversions, money-making potential and your relations come into the picture.

Also keep in mind that your potential JV partners took great pains and efforts to build their lists and build relationships with them. Your potential JV partners need to be sure that you will enhance that relationship by providing great value and taking care of the people they send your way.

Dan B
05-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Best advice I received was to put time and effort into recruiting each JV partner individually. Researc the key players in your market, read their websites and apporach them with an understanding of their business, quite their products and tell them why it will work for them and what you can offer them.

Fair enough have some stats and info in copy and paste form, but give a unique introduction to yourself to everyone and write a unique email to them basically. Since I started doing this I got some really good responses from the people I was mailing

Tommie Powers
05-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Wow!

I appreciate all the feedback so far!

I am still learning about joint ventures and this thread is proving to be very valuable so far.

Anyone else got any input?

citrus
05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey Tommie,

I've actually got 30 pages of input for you ;D

I'm going to PM you about it right now.

Curtis

Laurie Rogers
06-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Hey Tommie,

I've actually got 30 pages of input for you ;D

I'm going to PM you about it right now.

Curtis

lol Curtis

Jimmy, always told me to over deliver, especially when it's a new product and you're not well known. First product had a ton of resources, was brandible and came with resell rights, sold it for $14.97

rmartin33
06-11-2010, 03:12 PM
When approaching them, make sure to include the payout & the network if applicable...People seem to want to know exactly how much they'll make before even considering it I've found...

Dean Slayton
06-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Don't forget to use something like High Rise to manage all of your contacts and potential JV's. It can get tedious if you don't have a way to manage them all.

BrandonFredrickson
06-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Your JV's are your real customers. They are the ones that will be with your business for a long time. Treat them like they are your best clients, because they are.

Garret Acott
06-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Do everything you can possibly think of for your JV's, give them all the tools required to become successful, make it dead simple for them.

Garret

Tommie Powers
06-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Your JV's are your real customers. They are the ones that will be with your business for a long time. Treat them like they are your best clients, because they are.

Hey Brandon, good to see you here.

Thanks for the advice.

How's life been lately?

Also, thanks to everyone else who has contributed so far.

I'd love to hear more comments, so keep 'em coming!

Ben Brandes
09-14-2010, 09:16 AM
I think the best advice Ive gotten is:

Buy them dinner and drinks. Obiovusly that can only be done if meeting in person but it does wonders. If you get the chance... do it!

Next is use the phone to connect with JV's - a lot of people don't do it but it's so much faster and allows a deeper level connection.

Hope that helps! :)