PDA

View Full Version : Long Threads are boring to read!

MichaelCarter
05-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Hi......long treads are really boring to read....sometimes it get's me thinking...."Is this still a thread or already an article.....?"..... Well so to speak I don't mean to imply but reading shorter threads makes it more easier to catch up with everybody's post..... I think that should be included in the policies to post only short threads.... I was just thinking though..... So if you think this is insignificant.....just ignore it.... good day..... :)

Laurie Rogers
05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
It really just depends on the topics and the content, sometimes I don't mind going through a few pages if it's something of interest to me. I am one of those people who is a prolific writer, so it's probably why I don't mind it so much. Do you think that it's because you feel it's boring or because you might not just be focused enough at the time to read it or do you just not like reading in general and prefer audio or video? Everyone has thier own preference as well, especially when it comes to learning.

MichaelCarter
05-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Good point...... It's just that I already have the idea of some threads....I expected that I would gain something new but at the end...there is none really.....

But when threads are new and have a great content which is also relevant and something new to learn......I really don't mind at all......

paul@SimpleOnlineIncome.c
05-15-2010, 03:11 PM
I agree Michael...the content needs to be informative, rather than just a long comment that doesn't really add anything to the knowledge base for the reader.

I have read some long threads with great content and found them to be very helpful.

Like writing articles, short sentences and bullet points to help the reader...as we all have a lot to read these days!!

KevinRiley
05-16-2010, 08:21 PM
IMO, it's the replies that can make or break a long thread. If the thread gets seriously sidetracked, it loses all value. However, if there are a number of good replies - with great nuggets of ideas in them - it can become a valuable thread.

Problem is, you never know until you open one up. Kind of like a box of chocolates.

Chris Douthit
05-20-2010, 01:11 PM
I agree with Kevin. If your posting long threads and they do not get any replies, probably was not that useful. However, good tips on topics standard to the thread are often very much appreciated by the community no matter how long they are.

John Oszajca
07-22-2010, 10:03 PM
I agree with others, it's all about the content. I have been bored to tears to read just a few sentences in some cases but in others I have literally printed up hundreds of pages of threads just to have them for my files because I thought they were so interesting.

Tony Shull
07-23-2010, 11:50 AM
I agree Michael. Long threads are boring but I get carried away and ramble when I post and end up writing long essays lol Can't help it.I want to make sure everything is mentioned.

Danielle Schaeffer
07-28-2010, 09:16 PM
"I'm sorry to have written such a long letter, I didn't have time to write a short one."
-Mark Twain