PDA

View Full Version : Mini product lauch for reworked PLR product possible?

Alminc
05-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi guys,

I cannot remember exactly who it was (I think I know but
I don't want to mention any names since they are rather known
within IM niche), but I know for a fact that some marketers did product launch
with reworked/repackaged PLR products.

I was getting tons of emails as it was a 100% original product and I even
purchased it. It was a set of 10 PLR ebooks, reworked, and sold as a 'new' set
of 10 PLR ebooks. I asked for a refund because I had the original set, but
I'm sure that 100s of people purchased it and were happy.

When I think about it, technically and legally it's a clean business, because
they had private label rights, meaning they had right to do exactly as they did.

But when I talk to people involved in JV and product launches they all say
that the product must be 100% original. Must it really? (see the case above).

I mean, if you purchase quality PLR ebooks or videos or whatever, invest your work
and money in customisation, create better sales letter, better graphics, better
(or non existing) affiliate tools, etc, etc. why should it be impossible to do a product
launch? At least some mini version of it.

I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Almin

citrus
05-05-2010, 11:10 PM
The overwhelming majority of PLR is crap (not to mention the original stuff...but that's another story). So even if you get spectacular graphics, copy, etc. for your PLR, it'll still be crap. The copy might sell a lot of it, but many of your customers will not be happy at having been duped.

Ok, so you may have rewritten the PLR a bit. It doesn't change the fact that you're probably not providing any value to your customers. If you're selling the PLR as a standalone product, then your customers will likely not get any value out of it unless they're a total newbie (I'm just talking IM PLR here). If you're selling PLR as part of a business-in-a-box type deal, well...most BIAB vendors just make their money without telling folks how to profit with their BIABs.

To answer your question, it wouldn't be impossible to do a launch. However, you're not going to impress any JV partners with your PLR (unless it's really good and you've got some JVs who owe you for promoting their stuff). You could certainly do an internal launch. It's just a little tricky to do because of the lack of good PLR out there ("good" meaning the type of PLR that you wouldn't need to change too much before putting it back on the market).

On a related note, you must have an original product that belongs to you (or someone you're working with) to get a slot on JVNP's premium mailings.

I would personally never launch a reworked PLR product. I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from doing it though...I'd just tell them to have their customers' best interests in mind while doing it.

Alminc
05-06-2010, 01:26 AM
I agree that the vast majority of PLR ebooks (I'm talking about IM niche too)
hardly contain any valuable content.
But I have long ezperience with all kinds of PLR materials (ebooks, articles, videos,
software, scripts) and I know that there are high quality ebooks and videos.
Those high quality PLR producs are as good as the original products, if not better
then many original ones. Quality of such products is not the issue at all. The only
issue is that you are not the only person who can act as the author on the market.

But if the product is:

- high quality (provides real value)
- sold to e.g. 200 people only
- you rename it, customise it, improve it, give it new identity

then it comes very, very near the original product.

I am talking about such PLR product, not about crappy PLR ebook that you mentioned as PLR standard.

I will give you one example. I know a warrior , Paul Counts, who recently sold 2 big and high qiality video home study courses with PLR. That is far from crap.

citrus
05-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Since Paul sold it as a WSO, I would assume he either created the course or he paid someone to create it for him. It's a totally legit business model to get a whole bunch of PLR created for you and to sell or do a launch for that.

This is different from simply buying PLR, giving it a facelift, and selling it under your name. Not saying this isn't legit, of course. You'll have a hard(er) time finding JVs for this option, but with the first option (creating your own PLR package or outsourcing it, and then selling it), you'll have an easier time, depending on quality, pricing, and so on.

I think it would be a lot easier to create your own PLR instead of trying to find good PLR (unless you've already found a source of good PLR). I mean, with other PLR, you'd revise the content, the graphics, and the copy anyway - why not skip the revision process and just create your own?

This way, you can get a good OTO created to go along with the front-end. After all, if you want JVs, you'll probably want a good sales funnel to attract them. It's easier to create a complementary upsell product when you're intimately familiar with the front-end (because you created/designed it).

Again, internal launches would work great in this situation. Get a list, get a reputation for releasing solid PLR in a certain niche (or multiple niches), and keep cranking it out. Limit each to a low number (50's good) and you'll be virtually guaranteed to sell out quick each time.

Alminc
05-08-2010, 07:54 AM
We are now talking about two different things.

1) Creating products in order to sell them with private label rights (Edmund Loh, Jeremy Burns, etc model) - that is actually creating 100% original products. Getting JV partners
and launching such products big time is not questionable at all.

2) Buying high quality products with PLR, rebranding it, improving on it, creating new
sales letter, new graphics, new affiliate promo materials, etc. Getting JV partners and affiliates
for such rebranded products is hard if not impossible. My question is WHY? Those are still
top-notch products that can sell like hot cakes if only people would want to cooperate.
I am talking about rebranded PLR products of high quality, content wise, not about some
silly rehashed PLR ebooks.

citrus
05-08-2010, 09:40 AM
I clearly made the distinction between creating and buying PLR in my last post...but OK.

One big reason it can be extremely difficult to get JVs to promote rebranded PLR is because of the reactions they get when they learn that you're trying to get them to promote rebranded PLR.

It's like, hey, I put a lot of work into building up a good relationship with my list and I would like to work hard to push your product. How come you're not willing to put work into creating something unique to release into the market?

The funny thing about PLR is that most people who buy it never use it. But still, there will always be the small handful of people who actually will use the PLR they buy. So perhaps another big worry that JVs and affiliates have is that there is already the same product out there on the market, just with different copy, graphics, promo materials, etc.

Here's a hypothetical for you: what if 49 other people bought the exact same high quality PLR product that you bought? Now, what if all 49 of them also rebranded it with high quality graphics, copy, etc? And worse yet, what if all 49 of them decided to launch their versions of the PLR product?

So how much would you change the content within your high quality PLR? Even if you rewrite an entire PLR ebook (for example) in your voice, would it not still contain the same information as it did in the original writer's voice? And if you were to change the information within AND write it in your own voice, wouldn't it have been better to create your own unique product in the first place?

JVs look for numerous things in a product before they promote, but some of those things include:
-spectacular copy
-solid conversions
-a hot (and high quality) product that people will be itching to buy
-a profitable sales funnel

Don't take my word for this, but I doubt that you could hire any top copywriter to write copy for a PLR product...they just wouldn't do it. They all have detailed questionnaires for you to fill out before accepting you as a client, and mentioning that you have a PLR product you'd like them to write copy for would probably instantly kill the deal.

I'm not sure about this either, but I doubt any JV broker would accept your product in their line-up either. I know you certainly wouldn't get accepted into JVNP's premium mailings.

Lastly, the sales funnel. I don't think I've ever seen a PLR product that came with a wicked back-end (or any, for that matter). Therefore, to satisfy your JVs, you'd need to create one.

I hope this answered your question.

Desmond Chen
05-12-2010, 12:36 AM
well in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that, aftewr all it is plr