PDA

View Full Version : here's what I'm doing to get input from those who don't buy

Rob Toth
04-29-2010, 02:47 PM
I like doing what I can to find out why someone didn't buy.

Too often I find myself just trying to monetize the exit traffic and non buyers... which is fine, but I have to keep reminding myself that getting answers from my prospects of why they passed up my primary offer is VERY valuable.

Case in point...

I normally use an exit script with a build in objections survey ... (I have it listed in my Genie Advantage Resources... here's the direct link instead of the regular opt-in http://www.robtoth.com/genieadvantage.htm ) ...

BUT, on 3 of my salespages I'm now running just a very simple form. Take a look at this: http://www.robthegenietoth.com/moneynowbranding . (Scroll to bottom). Trust me, it's so stupidly basic but so wonderfuly useful.

I'll probably create a prettier frame around it, etc now that I know it works well and will bring in the exit survey as well . Any given offer, push 1000 visitors to it and probably more than 900 won't buy...

So give them incentives and easy ways to submit their objections and their feedback. Because what you learn from those initial responses can help you directly address and tweak your product and offer.

Chris Pambos
05-16-2010, 05:42 AM
Thanks for another informative post Rob! A lot of marketers today focus on what they can monetized and zone out what they can't monetize, in essence, either they are really lazy or simply don't realize the potential of how much more revenue their online business can generate by being able to monetize all that traffic that doesn't buy by getting that traffic to provide you with their objections as to why they didn't take the action you wanted them to take.

Rob Toth
05-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Since that post, I've used it on 2 other salesletters.

If you assume that the dozen or so "live comments" that came in would have been lost sales (safe assumption based on their typical confused and unsure questions)... then that free addition to the page was worth at least $1200 in additional sales.

shireesh
05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
That's an interesting observation, Rob.

Thanks for focussing a neglected aspect of the sales process while we obsess about "monetization" alone.

This is an excellent example that there are other factors that can impact or improve our "monetization" if we just take the time and effort to study, research and tweak them a bit.

.. and many of them like this one often fall under our radar.