PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Achieving Personal Success (which equals success in Business)

Bill Davison
03-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Wouldn't Say I can give many useful tips directly on IM. But what I do know about is Achieving Personal Success. And a successful Person, makes a successful Business man...!

How To Get What You Really Want?

What is it that you deeply and truly want? In a way it’s the same for all of us. It has different titles and different ways of expressing it but essentially it is the same thing -TO FEEL GOOD!

Know The Laws

The universe exists because of laws. Otherwise it would break down into chaos. There is cause and effect everywhere.
Study, learn, and apply the laws that govern your life and your happiness.

Laws Of The Mind

Just as the physical health of the body is dependent on the laws of diet, nutrition, exercise, rest, recreation etc. so there are laws of the mind.
In fact the physical and mental are intertwined.
One affects the other.
Getting and staying healthy may not inspire us but there’s a huge payout at the end.
Being fit and healthy feels great.

If you are used to being unhealthy
you don’t always know what you are missing!

Ignorance will not spare you or excuse you if you don’t apply the laws of the mind or the body!

Most of us don’t use our minds correctly.

THIS IS WHERE THE SECRET TO YOUR HAPPINESS PARTLY LIES – IN YOUR MIND.

I say partly because there are a number of laws including physical and spiritual that influence the quality of your life, but:-

THE MIND IS A MAJOR AREA TO FOCUS ON
If you are to succeed in your quest - you cannot succeed if you don’t.
So MASTER YOUR MIND!

In A Nutshell

It’s all about MANAGING your THOUGHTS, FEELINGS and ACTIONS.
The first is the key to the second two.

You master the three by mastering the first.

Does it take effort, sacrifice, self-discipline, and practice?

Yes it does! But boy is it worth it!
Your life becomes a wonderful rewarding adventure instead of a dismal painful existence.

Whichever direction you take there will be discomfort and difficulty so why not get a positive payout at the end?
And guess what: - you don’t have to do it overnight.
You can take it as cautiously and gradually as you like.
A step at a time, inch by inch – it’s a cinch, yard by yard may be too hard.

So where do you start?

1.I would suggest you get your thoughts, ideas, feelings etc. down on paper. It helps you get better control of your thoughts and yourself.
Review your writings often, especially any powerful motivating inspiring concepts you happen to capture.

2.Only put positive good stuff into your mind. Uplifting helpful books etc. Write down or mark what affects you for future reference.
There are some great verses in the Bible, which I will list at the end.

3.Gradually design your life on paper. What you believe will bring you happiness, and what you must do to achieve it.
i.e. the PRIZE, the PRICE, and the PLAN

4.Start to observe your thinking process and begin to “exercise” your mind by choosing what you will think about and just as important what you will not think about.

I could go on and on, but I have to stop this post somewhere...

Simon Shawcross
03-30-2010, 03:03 PM
The greatest lesson I've learned so far is talented people succeed- and the talent is in the choices you make on your journey.

Martin R Butler
03-31-2010, 05:42 AM
Passion and desire get you where you want. Those two things create action.

Kunj K
03-31-2010, 05:48 AM
Meditation has always been a great help for me because as you say, it helps calm and focus the mind.

I would recommend reading "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda, it's absolutely unbelievable, a classic.

Helps in personal life and business life :)