PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice

Davidjames
03-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Hello everybody,

My name is David James and I'm just wrapping up the last bit of my first digital product. It's an EBook on dominating niches with some effective SEO strategies that anybody with some basic knowledge of affiliate marketing can use.

My question is this: I've been planning on creating the product as a $7 EBook with an upsell that cost another $7. I would be offering affiliates 100% commission to work on building my email list quickly.

Has anybody had any success with the 100% commission on a $7 product route or has it ran its course?

I'm trying to decide if I should release the product myself with the 100% commission route or should I shop my EBook around as a contribution to somebody who has more experience in product creation?

I strongly believe I have a great product. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated...

Laurie Rogers
03-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi David,

A few questions for you:

Before you jump into the paid option have you considered just giving it away?

Is it going to have resale rights?

Will it be brandible?

How many pages is your ebook?

Have you passed it around to a few respected marketers for a "critique" slash endorsements?

I haven't had any experience with 100% commissions, but have had a lot of experience writing mini give away ebooks and resale rights/branding and those worked very effectively for me building my list and upselling backend products.

Tanner
03-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi David,

I have several different 100% commission $7 to $10 dollar products on the front end that I use for list building and I have been pretty successful in getting affiliates to promote them for me. However the vast majority of my affiliates are affiliates for my higher priced products and only promote the $7 products as an after thought.

The other reason my affiliates are willing to promote my $7 products is because I started using Rapid Action Profits and setting the script to give lifetime commissions over all my products. This way the affiliate can promote a low cost product, make a little on the front end instantly and then continue to make commissions on anything else that customer buys without having to to any extra work.

If you are willing to do something like this and have several backend or related products that you are willing to offer commissions on, then this is a great way to use a $7 front end product to both grow your list and attract large numbers of affiliates.

Davidjames
03-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi Laurie,

Hi Tanner,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Laurie: I've created a couple of mini ebooks to give away for free and have had some great success with this. When I first began creating this project, it started out with the intentions of giving it away, but as I began writing, more and more began to come out. I decided to sell it instead. The Ebook is about 37 pages and the upsell will have a separate ebook to give to outsource the projects and videos that show them how to use the techniques. I will give out review copies to others for testimonials, advice and to get others to promote my product.

Tanner: I'm going to use the 7 dollar script, which I've been told is a cheaper solution to RAP. This is an excellent idea to set up the RAP so everyone that promotes will receive future income on other projects. I will definitely look into this.

Tanner
03-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Hey David,

No problem.

The $7 script is great if you are only going to do a front end/OTO offer with no additional affiliated coded back end.

I would also consider giving away 50% or 100% of the OTO as well if you intention is truly to build your list as fast as possible. The OTO is only $7, so by giving them the OTO commission you are increasing their earnings...which affiliates always love.

Personally I would be much more interested in earning $14 than just $7 and I bet most of your affiliates will feel the same way.

As a way to get your product to market quickly, I would recommend you run a WSO on the warrior forum to announce your product...either give it away free (more opt-ins) or sell it (less opt-ins, but a bit of $$). Then in the autoresponder follow up, or even in the back page of the report, let them know they can make 100% commissions by promoting your product.

This is great way to instantly get your product into the hands of some potential affiliates...as practically everybody on the WF is an affiliate for something.

Hope that helps,

Tanner

Kunj K
03-25-2010, 06:48 PM
If I were you I would:

1) Give the report away for free on a squeeze page, even record it into a video if you can.
2) Do a little PPC on medium to low-competitive terms on Adwords to build your list to a respectable level
3) Start doing Adswaps (i.e. cross promo's with other marketers to each other's squeeze pages/free offers)

I think this will be a good list-building tactic. I've never really used the $7 idea, although I'm sure it has its benefits!

Jose Maynez
03-25-2010, 07:42 PM
I have an amazing company that is expanding and is looking for sharp people and is offering serious money in my hands.

This is a huge project and I want to meet those select who you feel are interested in making serious USA and International business income. I have my resume for any that is interested.Please review resume before Contacting me
Here is an automated movie about our company and their program. It pays part time, full time and all the time revenue sharing money. The owners are billionaires in Oil, Real estate and Agriculture and are wonderful to work with. Their business story however comes from Alaska and is huge!

They flew me to their home office in Idaho and have asked for our help to grow in every Community, State and even in other countries and will pay us well to do it. I have flexible hours and and aggressive income that traditional business around our area cannot afford to pay us, but these guys can and do!

E-mail:Kyani_en_mexico@yahoo.com

my # 419 906-4392

Martin R Butler
03-26-2010, 08:42 PM
I would personally use it for list building. At $7.00 your not going to set the world alight. There are so many products in this area that it will be very hard for you to make any impact, especially as it is your first project.

Channel your efforts in a niche you could realistically compete in as a beginner.
Good luck.