PDA

View Full Version : JVing with Webinars

Garland Coulson
02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
I love teaching, and I am starting to do some JVs with webinar swaps.

So rather than just doing an ad swap with another Internet marketer, I do a webinar for his/her list on a topic I am an expert in. He/she introduces me and I make sure the webinar is full of useful information on the topic.

We build a few bonuses/offers at the end of it. Then a few weeks later, he/she does a webinar for my list on a topic they are an expert at.

Or sometimes we just interview each other and ask questions.

Both of us record the sessions to use in future dvds, cds, online downloads, etc. so we are creating a session that can be part of a sold/free product at the same time.

I have been using GoTo Webinar to run and record the webinars.

Works well with what I love to do and provides a lot more value than just an ad swap.

Mike Merz
02-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Excellent idea, Garland.

Courtesy of the technical prowess of Mike Jr., and a lineup of worthy contributors ... JVNP 2.0 will be relying heavily on video as a content delivery medium of choice.

This being your forte, Garland ... I'll be looking forward to your involvement and feedback. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

affportal
03-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Hey Garland,

I use GoTo all the time as well. I have noticed when we record our 1 hour webinars then try to stream them the output is never that good.

We have had much better luck with clarity and filesize by having a moderator camtasia them.

Do you ever make your videos available for watching online and if so, what's your process for getting them into a format that works best for streaming.

Thanks,

Corey

garyb@therichkingpin.com
03-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Gotowebinar is an excellent product. I teach 4x a week "live" using it.

Fortunately I am grandfathered in and do not have to incur the almost 5x price increase, but nonetheless, it's great.

I use two monitors.

Monitor-1: What the room participants see

Monitor-2: 11 windows open with "whats going on" (private chats to me, participants and how they "see it", polls, etc.)

There is also anywhere between a 3 and 7 second DELAY though in what you are presenting and WHEN they see it - so factor that in when creating camtasia videos or even doing things "live".

God forbid playing a youtube video - it will look way out of sync.

Even with some problems, it's still your best bet than having to DESCRIBE something and have your audience try to visualize it as in a teleseminar.

I did a dog and pony show with Garland a few months back and it worked well - were able to present each others screens and talk about anything - all in real-time with the audience viewing and listening just fine.

(Just make sure you hide your Swiss bank accounts - or the participants will see that too)

...Also turn OFF any instant messaging. Bottom line, if you see it on your screen, THEY see it too.

Gotowebinar has three products:

1. Go to Meeting (up to16 simultaneous connections)

2. Got to Training (up to 200)

3. Go towebinar (up to 1000)

Price point is $99/month for theirhighest priced gotowebinar as of this writing - but get ready for sticker shock - and I do mean sticker shock.

NOTE: Always MUTE the room participants as a group, and only open THEIR microphone when they "raise their hand" - otherwise it's worse than being in the twilight zone of feedback.

My 2 cents.

Gary Bacchetti

Garland Coulson
03-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Excellent idea, Garland.

Courtesy of the technical prowess of Mike Jr., and a lineup of worthy contributors ... JVNP 2.0 will be relying heavily on video as a content delivery medium of choice.

This being your forte, Garland ... I'll be looking forward to your involvement and feedback. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

At an Internet marketing conference I went to, there were two presenters on stage talking about how they built their successful business teaching people how to day trade.

They said that they made 1 video every day, giving their members the tips of the day. The funny thing was that they said they did video because it was too hard to do articles! :)

Articles required writing skills and planning whereas they could easily do an off the cuff video by just talking.

A light bulb went on for me at that point. I still don't use video as much as I should, but I am increasing it. My webinars have been very popular and they are no hardship for me as I love to teach.

Plus I record them all for future products or bonuses.

Dean Holland
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey Garland

Nice... what a cool idea

I hold my own webinars and in fact have done some selling on webinars with insane conversions

Never before have I thought about taking this angle and idea as you have pointed out!

Fantastic advice!!

Thanks for sharing man

Dean

Garland Coulson
03-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Gotowebinar is an excellent product. I teach 4x a week "live" using it.

Fortunately I am grandfathered in and do not have to incur the almost 5x price increase, but nonetheless, it's great.

I use two monitors.

Monitor-1: What the room participants see

Monitor-2: 11 windows open with "whats going on" (private chats to me, participants and how they "see it", polls, etc.)

There is also anywhere between a 3 and 7 second DELAY though in what you are presenting and WHEN they see it - so factor that in when creating camtasia videos or even doing things "live".

God forbid playing a youtube video - it will look way out of sync.

Even with some problems, it's still your best bet than having to DESCRIBE something and have your audience try to visualize it as in a teleseminar.

I did a dog and pony show with Garland a few months back and it worked well - were able to present each others screens and talk about anything - all in real-time with the audience viewing and listening just fine.

(Just make sure you hide your Swiss bank accounts - or the participants will see that too)

...Also turn OFF any instant messaging. Bottom line, if you see it on your screen, THEY see it too.

Gotowebinar has three products:

1. Go to Meeting (up to16 simultaneous connections)

2. Got to Training (up to 200)

3. Go towebinar (up to 1000)

Price point is $99/month for theirhighest priced gotowebinar as of this writing - but get ready for sticker shock - and I do mean sticker shock.

NOTE: Always MUTE the room participants as a group, and only open THEIR microphone when they "raise their hand" - otherwise it's worse than being in the twilight zone of feedback.

My 2 cents.

Gary Bacchetti

Hi Gary,

Yes, our joint webinar was great!

Two monitors - wow. :)

I use the GoTo Webinar system at the $99 per month. I don't mind the cost as I use it all the time. The recordings work well, but I sometimes take them into Camtasia Studio for some editing depending on what they are going to be used for.

I usually don't show video while I am speaking - usually just an uploaded presentation or screen capture of me using various tools.

It works great for that. I definitely turn off my other programs, virus scanners, skype, etc so that I don't get annoying interruptions while presenting.