PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a Noob :)

LTY83
02-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am somewhat new here and had a couple questions I need your expert answers on. I am planning a new product launch between March/April.

1. When you normally do your launches how soon do you start looking for JV partners?
2. What sites would you recommend finding these partners (besides JVNotifyPro.com)?

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate any tips/feedback.

Loren

citrus
02-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Hey Loren,

I'm going to answer your second question first :)

2. If you want to run a sizeable launch, then JVNP is the site for you. You should see if you can get a premium mailing from Mike. These mailings will get you a lot of exposure, lots of JV partners, and lots of street cred.

If you just want to attract JV partners here and there to maybe make some money here and there, you could try the Warrior Forum's JV section. WF and JVNP are the only two IM-related sites I visit regularly, so I can't recommend any others.

1. For your first ever launch, I would get one JV partner as soon as your product is completed (or, if it's a software you're selling, when the beta version is done). Use that JV partner to test conversions on and make tweaks as necessary. Then, once you've got some nice numbers to show to Mike (or some other JV broker), go for that premium mailing. This route is much better than setting up shop on the side of the cyberstreet and frantically waving your arms for attention from potential JVs.

For future launches, you'd already have a list of your old JV partners, so you would not need to look far for people to promote your future products.

Make sure your launch date is flexible - stuff happens. Also make sure to give yourself plenty of time between now and your planned launch period to coordinate with your team if you have one, to do pre-launch if you want one, to perfect your product, to test your conversions, to give your JV partners enough time to slot you in, and all that good stuff.

Good luck! Hope I haven't vomited too much for you to digest here :)

Curtis

P.S. I'm not an expert...I am actually looking forward to when the real experts show up with more thoughtful answers :P

Garland Coulson
02-15-2010, 06:16 PM
I look for partners continuously as all my products are meant to be ongoing - not just sold for a month or two.

And I am always developing new products, so it helps to have a community of partners that I have worked with successfully before to join in on my new launches.

As a JV partner, I hate it when my partners ask me to promote for them and don't give me enough notice. I have a solo ad schedule for my list so if I hear about your product now, I likely can't fit it in for 2-4 weeks.

So try to give your partners that much warning...

zach widmayer
02-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say a premium mailing from Mike would be incredible for you! Keep working hard and making progress!

Dean Holland
02-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi

If you want a lot of coverage, or at least your biggest shot at it for your first launch then get a broker behind you such as Mike.

Sure visiting forums in your niche and contacting people yourself may get you some guys on-board but if you dont have the JV contacts yourself then its time to get help from someone who can.

Hope that helps, good luck with it all!!

Dean

mfleischner
03-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Really good question. Personally I think you need to start looking for partners while your product is still in concept. You will find that those experienced in affiliate marketing can give you some awesome tips about one time offers, product components, etc. that will make your product more appealing to affiliate marketers when it comes time for launch.

As far as finding affiliate marketers who may be a good fit, I recommend reaching out to others in your niche via blogs. You can find some really great resources and individuals who may be great affiliates.