PDA

View Full Version : How many leads a day/week/month is good?

dev.null
12-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey, this is just a general "what's your experience" question.

We've all seen different lead generating programs out there, what's a good scale to measure them on?

I know it's not just volume, it has to be leads related to the product/service you offer, so if you have a ebook on gardening that gets leads and you are offering cell phone services it doesn't really matter how many leads you're getting...

So, what's a good number for new leads per day/week/month/whatever that are HOT for your product/service?

Would you consider 20 a week a good number? how about 50?

What's your experience?

Thanks in advance, JVPROers ROCK!

Ty Hall
01-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi Richard,

IMO what is "good" as far as the number of leads generated per day/week/month is going to be relative to the method you are generating the leads, the cost per lead, and most importantly the conversion % on the leads.

For example, I have ran coreg campaigns and generated over 1,000 leads per day. Likewise I have ran coreg campaigns that did not generate that volume. The lower generating campaign converted a higher % to buyers, and at a lower cost per lead.

So the only real way to determine what is "good" is to do some testing and keep track of your numbers. You will establish a benchmark that is "good" for your product in the marketplace, and be able to make marketing decisions based upon this data.

Hope this helps.

To Your Success,

- Ty Hall

Bill Ross
01-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I have to agree with Ty! Its really not possible to determine what is "good" in a general sense. The key is to track and know your metrics. For example if I can get a media buy to bring in $1.50 to $2.00 for every dollar I spend in the real estate investor niche I am doing good.

Every market is different and like Ty said every form of advertising is different.

No holy grail answer here!

Bill

Becky jenkins
01-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi Richard,
Howabout turing your question around, and asking youself how many leads would you be happy with? If you are not at a level which pleases you experiement with new tactics and appraoches, most importantly track them all then do more of the ones that bring you the best results. Tracking is so important so that you can focus your time and energy where you get results. Regards Becky

CharlesKidd
01-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Well I would give use a solid answer of 10,000 a month, 100 a day, and 3,500 a week. It all depends though what kind of leads you got. There are many different methods of getting traffic or leads and some are more targeted that convert better. It is all about testing.

Ty Hall
01-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi Richard,
Howabout turing your question around, and asking youself how many leads would you be happy with? If you are not at a level which pleases you experiement with new tactics and appraoches, most importantly track them all then do more of the ones that bring you the best results. Tracking is so important so that you can focus your time and energy where you get results. Regards Becky

What Becky says here is key. Like I said before - it isnt about volume of leads. It is about quality. What would you rather have - a list of 10,000 subscribers that convert 5% every time you send them an offer or a list of 50,000 that convert .25%?

The smaller, higher quality list will generate more income.... and in today's environment of having to pay a service provider per email you send, it's more cost effective to send to a smaller more responsive list too.

If, ultimately, you are wanting to set some income goals based on the # of leads, here is another way you could do that. And understand this is a very general way of doing this.

Let's say you are currently generating $500 a day and your goal is $1,000 a day. If it is taking 50 leads per day to generate the $500, you could assume that it would take 100 leads per day to generate $1,000. This assumes that the lead conversion remains the same. My experience has been that, as a rule, the conversion will remain the same up to a certain quantity of leads. Then it begins to degrade.

This would give you a very basic jumping off point so that you can set a goal of how many leads you need to reach your goals.

Best,

- Ty Hall

RyanMoran
01-13-2010, 07:26 PM
I think Bill had the best feedback, because it really is best to break down your leads into what they are worth. Focus less on the number of leads that you are getting, and more on how much each lead is worth. When you maximize the dollar amount that each lead is giving you, then you can maximize your add spend to increase the quantity of leads that come through your funnel.