PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Products For Launch?

Blu Thunder
12-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm trying to get some information about bonuses for product launches.. I believe I understand that when promoting a product launch the more powerful bonuses you offer the better the chances of having people use your site. I've been studying and know that the Warrior Forum is a place to find some bonuses.

Is there anyplace on this forum or anywhere else I can go to find some decent bonus products. I don't have the skills or knowledge to come up with my own. :-[

Thanks for any input from the members here. Throughout the IM world I found out this is the place to go for upfront and ethical products.

Charles

Matt Wolfe
12-23-2009, 02:47 AM
One idea for bonus products is to find a PLR eBook that is related to the product that you are selling. Turn that PLR book in to a video and use that as a bonus. It's very simple. Just take the eBook, create a powerpoint presentation, make a slide the sums up each chapter, record a video of yourself giving the presentation using a screen recorder like CamStudio or Camtasia...

I've done it many times as a bonus and it works well. Just make sure you keep it related to the main product.

Matt

Blu Thunder
12-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the idea. I have all those tools available.

Haven't done any videos yet. Kinda scared about the quality and not very adept at composing, don't have that creative flare.

But will give it a try. Maybe with my lack of knowledge it will look genuine (which it will be) and not a professional BS ploy.

Charles

A Afaneh
12-27-2009, 11:07 AM
another idea . you can go to rtir.com and find some expert to interview recod the interview
and you have your product/bounus .

most likely will cost you nothing
I usually say to the expert I can use the recording anyway I like and he can use it too. and 90% of the time it is ok

good luck in the launch

A Afaneh

Antony Le
01-04-2010, 05:54 PM
hey, the most effective bonus which will complement your "review" is to basically create a unique product which fits perfectly with the product you promote.

Brainstorm the con's and weaknesses of the product your promoting.

Find the solutions, use camtasia and solve the weakness of the product.

You now have a video bonus which will be unique, will help with the success of purchasing the product through you, worth $XX and exclusive to you...

Brenda
01-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi,

Matt, I really like your idea for creating a bonus. I'm just getting started with video and truly believe it's the way to go. I personally will always watch a video but will not always read an entire report or ebook.

So much of our time is spent reviewing, researching and compiling information that having a video to watch is a relief, but still informative.

Thanks for the idea.

Brenda

Matt Wolfe
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Definitely! Video is the way to go with bonuses.

A lot of people are lazy and won't make it through reading an eBook
but almost everyone doesn't mind sitting back and watching a video.

They are much quicker to create than books as well...

Matt

John Ellis
02-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Create a range of your own small-medium products and give them away periodically during big launches. You could offer combinations based on the price of the package too. Not only is it important to give something that's complimentary, it's also important to give your buyers something YOU have created, because there's a reason they are on your list... they want to learn from you! ;)

Marlene Kristensen
02-27-2010, 04:30 PM
I have another idea for a bonus.... It depends on the product of cause.

You could offer 1-on-1 coaching support for the product (email or Skype). You could offer to write unique articles and post them or if you have a related subscriber list, you could offer to do a mailing with the "costumers" affiliate link...

But, video is diffidently a good one too!

Tanner
03-13-2010, 04:09 PM
You could offer 1-on-1 coaching support for the product (email or Skype). You could offer to write unique articles and post them or if you have a related subscriber list, you could offer to do a mailing with the "costumers" affiliate link...

This actually works very well. I used to offer a 'hit the ground running' type training/consult as a bonus when I was promoting Keyword elite years ago. Conversions were great, but now I would only offer that kind of bonus on a much higher commission. Years ago the $98+ commission was worth giving the consult, but today my time is much better spent elsewhere and therefore more valuable.

mwoody
03-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Definitely! Video is the way to go with bonuses.

A lot of people are lazy and won't make it through reading an eBook
but almost everyone doesn't mind sitting back and watching a video.

They are much quicker to create than books as well...

Matt

Hi Matt,

Im actually backwards on this and prefer reading an ebook than watching a video. I think this is purely because I can scan through an eBook picking out the information I want with ease, where as with a video im forced to watch the fluff.

citrus
03-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Keep in mind that the bonus, whatever it is, does not need to exist at the time of offering.

Examples off the top of my head:

future webinar or webinar series (or teleseminar) + add rights to the recordings if you want
offer your next product for free (or all your future products)

A couple other bonuses which would kind of fall under this category have been mentioned already: coaching and services.

Curtis

Imran Naseem
03-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Bonus products do tend to add value. However, you don't want to offer junk bonus products which have no relation to the product itself.

TonyShepherd
03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
You need to look at what YOUR strengths are then use them to create your bonus.

For example if you have a decent sized list offer a mailing as your bonus.

As Curtis said, it doesn't actually have to even exist on the day you offer it - future webinars or hour long brainstorming sessions are always great bonuses.

I recently generated around 6k worth of sales promoting a product creation product and my bonus was an hour's brainstorming session and a mailing once the customer had built their product.

The key is to make sure the bonus is highly relevant to the main product. If it is, and it's unique, you should do well.

Tony

noxit
03-21-2010, 08:33 PM
In my experience bonus that works best:
-for customers discount
-for affiliates cash prize
;)

citrus
03-21-2010, 09:23 PM
In my experience bonus that works best:
-for customers discount
-for affiliates cash prize
;)

If you're promoting a Clickbank product, it is forbidden by the CB TOS to offer discounts (aka cash rebates, cash back, etc.).

Even if you aren't promoting a CB product, I would still run it by the product owner if you plan on offering cash back as a bonus. Some don't like it because they're worried about affiliates not following through and then they end up having to cover the promised amounts.

Curtis

Kunj K
03-25-2010, 05:31 AM
I agree that video is the way to go with bonus products.

I also think that your bonus should be something that helps the customer consume the product.

Like a checklist or walkthrough, and if possible, something that links their product and your product together.

Could they use the product in conjunction with your product and get better results?

David Sigouin
03-29-2010, 04:04 PM
I suggest you go and search for PLR ebooks on google.

You'll find tons of ebook to edit and give away if you want in any niches you are..

Simon Shawcross
03-30-2010, 02:35 PM
If you are comfortable in front of the camera video works really well.

If you aren't my suggestion is to leave the camera running and just play around- be silly, use different accents... until you've taken all the pressure off yourself and start to forget about being on screen- at that point you're natural strengths/ personality will shine through.

Insiders tip- avoid looking just at the lense of the camera. It is ideal if you have someone sat just behind the camera- look at and talk to them. This will have an effect on the ultimate viewer- they will more likely perceive you are genuinely talking directly to them.

Orlando Cassara
03-31-2010, 12:28 PM
A video is one of the best bonuses you can give away, because people tend to sit and watch a movie rather than read a long ebook.

Good luck on the launch!

Alan Schneider
04-04-2010, 01:47 PM
As a relative newb, my 2 cents may be worth just that...

But, I plan on doing an eBook only giveaway for my eMail Scraper product since it's hard to do a video showing how to use the software and a demo tutorial is already on the sales page.

I have been working on putting together my own eBook / videos for basic SEO training. For that I would think that a free video AND ebook would be better since an ebook and videos are what they get in the course.

HINT: As of a efw weeks ago, I had never made a video. I downloaded Jing for free and used that to 'practice' on. Like some have said in previous posts, create a simple PowerPoint presentation and narrate the slides. The cool thing about Jing is that it's totally free.

Another piece of advice is to practice doing narration / demo videos on something you are VERY familiar with first. This will help you relax and develop your speaking style and pattern since you are familiar with whatever your doing in the video. It's hard at first, but listen to your narration in the video. The self critique works very well and makes your presentations better over time.

Eddy Croft
08-20-2010, 08:39 AM
I recommend a combination of PLR, at least one physical item of a book or DVD or even a remote control car to make it fun. You could offer electronic devices such as iPads, coaching, a product that you own.

Hope this helps.

Emilis Strimaitis
08-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Thing I've used is to offer video and audio versions of product too (just make a video and rip the sound off for podcast). Because one likes to read (like Matthew Woodward said scan the book for good information), others likes to watch, and maybe someone likes to put information to their ipod and do something else than sit all day in front of monitor or bunch of papers.

tajinder
09-14-2010, 06:00 PM
the first method is by using PLR product that is related to the product launch.get a PLR product.turn that ebook into video course and also audion.you could provide transcript of the audio if you want to add value.give a nice name to your bonus product and get a new graphics done.

if you're not confidence in making videos practise it.every time i record new videos i am getting better at it.of course for the first time you would feel awkward as though you're talking to yourself.get used to it.or prepare a script so that you don't forget whatever you wanted to say in the video.but don't sound like a robot.keep it natural.

2nd is offer to do webinar and then provide rights to it which people can use it to sell or build their list.this method is being used by mark ling and it worked very well.

3rd is by asking the product owner whether he could provide any of his previous paid product as bonuses.sometimes it might be hard for high price items or if they don't know you well.but most often they agree.

always make sure your bonus product is unique if you are using your bonuses.people don't want some crappy master resale rights product which they could find for a few cents.

Aaron Darko
09-16-2010, 04:16 AM
Hi Charles the easiest way to get a bonus is to go and interview an expert. It's what I have done and it works SO well. These serve great as bonuses because then you can center your interview around 1 specific topic and then that becomes way more valuable to your potential customer.

You need to structure it like they NEED this interview in order to complete what you are selling them, that way its a no brainer for them to buy. Especially if you have interviewed a well respected marketer.

Let me know if you are going to do this. I will be happy to help further.

Thanks

Aaron Darko
Greg Jacobs' JV Manager

Nick Sharp
09-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Audio version of the ebook you sold (or video) as people mentioned. A different PLR course, etc.

Or, yes, even e-mail coaching (unlimited M-TH 1 email per day)... for a limited time free and then $497 if they want to continue the coaching.. things like that

Glen Kirkham
11-05-2010, 11:34 PM
One idea for bonus products is to find a PLR eBook that is related to the product that you are selling. Turn that PLR book in to a video and use that as a bonus. It's very simple. Just take the eBook, create a powerpoint presentation, make a slide the sums up each chapter, record a video of yourself giving the presentation using a screen recorder like CamStudio or Camtasia...

I've done it many times as a bonus and it works well. Just make sure you keep it related to the main product.

Matt

Absolutley Awesome !

Thanks !