PDA

View Full Version : Stop spending! Get what you want without Money.

Rob Toth
11-15-2009, 08:47 PM
I sat down to write a post here, that post turned into a long article (but one that I feel is going to be VERY beneficial to a larger portion of readers), that article turned into a blog post, which was then sent to my subscribers...

Anyways, here's the forum post/tip, aka. article, aka. blog post, aka. email.

I'll post the first portion, if it catches your interest, the full long article in on my blog.

Happy to hear your thoughts re: the article either here in the forum or as a comment at the blog:

====================

I don’t know if I passed this tip your way before… but it came up in conversation with a client.

Her obstacle right now is not having the finances to afford the web design work, basic salescopy and graphic work she needs to move ahead with her site.

BUT… she has other resources, contacts (for referrals) and skill sets.

I reminded her of the world of “barter” … which, actually, is still pretty big and there are entire barter networks where money doesn’t even change hands.

You can Google around for “barter network [YOUR CITY]” and “barter company [YOUR CITY]” for local results.

… I have a book called “I Want That! How We All Became Shoppers”.

It’s an interesting read and shows the history and evolution of consumerism… how we evolved from various barter type social norms to monetary type transactions to now being the well trained consumers that we are today.

But it’s an important reminder that old civilizations developed out of mostly barters, not “dollar bills” being traded.

I bring this up especially now, with the pending Christmas season.

It’s definitely a cash-crunch season to say the least!

Now, I doubt you’d be able to get your little Johnny a Xbox 360 by going to Wal-Mart and offering your services or some other barter to the manager there …

But …

With the right barter offers you can definitely land free product and resources that you’d otherwise have to pay for or even land deals to help you make money.

In terms of what and where you can barter FOR … that list is almost infinite.

The real question is what can you barter WITH.

Meaning, what do you have to offer.

What do YOU bring to the table?

For now, let’s just call it X. Whether that’s a resource, asset, contacts, skills. I’ll address this in a second but for now, call it X.

Consider these deals:

FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://www.robthegenietoth.com/stop-spending-get-what-you-want-without-money/

Justinw
11-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Interesting concept. Funnily enough I have just bartered some very expensive dental treatment for a website down here in Peru.

Rob Toth
11-17-2009, 05:55 PM
"I have just bartered some very expensive dental treatment for a website down here in Peru."

Perfect.

Deals like this are great and especially useful in a tight-funds economy.

It won't always fall in place... I've had offers for free personal physical training in trade for marketing consulting. I wasn't interested. So not everything will be a fit.

But the point is to at least remember that cash is not the only way to go about it...

And even in your case, suppose you needed that website but the web guy didn't need the dental treatment... however the web guy needed legal service. And it just so happens that a good lawyer contact of yours DOES need the dental treatment. You offer the dental work to the lawyer, in trade the lawyer is asked to offer his services for the web guy, the web guy is then taking care of your site.

Creative 3-way "JVs" like this are common. Jay Abraham has talked about this as well, so has Dan Kennedy.

When it's just one off deals like this, it can be called a services barter, but on a larger scale, powerful JVs can be setup like this.

Christian Fox
11-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Bartering is a great way to avoid getting taxed to death....

ferrygreat
11-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Well I find it great to know that things can be done in the Barter system till now also. Hope so I can find people with whom I can barter...

Jeffrey Dean
12-04-2009, 08:53 PM
bartering is great for personal use but you'll need to pay taxes on it if it is business to business related