PDA

View Full Version : JV Launch Product Review Copies

Wayne O Sullivan
10-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi guys I am new here and to affiliate marketing as well.

I would just like to know how one goes about securing a review copy of a product that is about to launch? Is this possible? or do you have to purchase all of them to review them? as some of the JV launch/affiliate sections of the products website are a bit vague on the actual product details/information. I do know that some people just summarise the sales page but obviously having access to the product would mean that me as the affiliate would be able to promote the product in question a lot better.

Thanks for the help.

Mike Merz
10-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey, Wayne.

Used to be a time back when JV fueled e-book launches were relatively new, and those interested and capable of selling them as a JV/affiliate partner were almost always given a review copy without even asking. As with anything good ... the unsavory and malicious grabbed copies with no intention of selling them, but rather to throw them up on file sharing sites ... or giving them away unauthorized for free or low cost for their own gain. Toss in tire kickers, freebie seekers, and collectors of bright shiny objects ... ;)

Long story longer ... due to some or all of the above, Merchants generally reserve review copies for their JV Networks, proven performers, and those willing to show proof of past performance ... most often this is done via the contact address revealed in most every JV offer.

Cheers,

Mike

Chris Douthit
10-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I use to always give out review copies to anyone who asked for them. A few product launches later you start to realize that even though everyone loves your product, only about 25% of the people who actually asked for a review copy actually support your launch.

I have no problem giving out a review copy still as long as I know who I am giving it to. You don’t have to be a savvy super affiliate, if I know you from forums, or for whatever reason I believe you just don’t want a copy for yourself to steal I will still give out a copy. But just some stranger asking for one, I’m going to ask for some info before I give it out.

Rob Toth
10-30-2009, 09:02 PM
If it's digital (no cost to us), then usually you contacting me in private would get you a free copy. HOWEVER, I'd first want a quick 2-paragraph intro to who you are, your sites, your experience, how you plan on marketing.

At worst, it gets me an introduction to an affiliate so we build a better relationship. At best, it's a win-win... I learn about my affiliate and they get a free copy for personal use and as review for their promotions.

So with digital, the above is pretty much all I look for.

For physical, I'd be very interested first in meeting you. Chances are if I already know that you're established in the market... then, getting you a copy likely won't be an issue. Otherwise, you'd have to "elevator pitch" me on why you feel you have the distribution network in place to produce at least a handful of sales in the short term.

Frankly, I'd say if you're honest about your intention to at least thouroughly review and consider the product (afterall, you may discover upon review that the product isn't what it's presented as or is junk), but as long as you're serious about looking into it... you'll be fine with simply contacting the merchant in private. Not all will jump at giving out a copy, of course, but it's also a great way to slide your name in there fore them and briefly "network" for possible future JVs etc.

Wayne O Sullivan
11-01-2009, 06:41 AM
Mike , Chris & Rob, thank-you for the info. I now understand how this works and realise that due to the piracy etc.. mentioned I cannot expect to just be given a copy, but I do take my work seriously and if the product is great then I have no problem marketing it. Its just I prefer to know exactly what I am selling as I have myself bought some really lousy IM products. I will definately use the info you guys have given me here to ask for a review copy from the guys launching the products, even though I have not such a great sales record being a newbie to this all, I am learning and do appreciate the Guru's who give us beginners a chance.

There are unfortunately always unsavory individuals that mess things up for everyone...

lill.j
11-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Hi everyone,

It is such a shame that people, product creators go to great lengths to help people out from fantastic forums such as this to things like a review copy of their product, put their trust in people who just end up ripping people off or stealing their ideas i cant blame some peoples negativity to give. >:(

I am one who strongly believes in karma and if you stick to it and prove yourself when you request those review pages by promoting your heart out,then karma will come your way and you will find that more doors will open up easier.

Cheers,

Becky ;)

Shane O Driscoll
11-05-2009, 07:32 AM
To be honest, I usually offer to pay just to get the product early, I create a review site have it first page by launch day and then the results pay off for them self.

I usually introduce myself show them my sites to date for affiliate promotions. Havn't been turned down once. Also 99% of the time when they realise you are a serious affiliate they reply saying they would gladly give you the product before launch without charge. Otherwise I can not promote their product as you want the most visibility for a review site.

Linda Brown
11-08-2009, 06:19 PM
thanks for all your great informaiton.
I am for sure will provide review copy at least to my merchant account

Vincent Sparreboom
11-15-2009, 11:39 AM
I kinda agree with Chris, I have no problem giving out a review copy as long as I know the person. It doesn't have to be a big name but if he or she is active on the forums or has ben activly promoting some other products I have no problem with sending them a copy.

tajinder
12-16-2009, 01:32 PM
usually when you signed up as an affiliate to promote the product the seller will give out his or email or skype which you can contact.you can just send an email to the seller.

tell the seller you have signed up as an affiliate.you wanted to promote the product by doing a video review and also blog post.you would like to request a review copy to write about your content.most of the seller do give the review copy to anyone who ask for it.you don't have to be a big guru to request for review copy.

just explain how are you going to promote the product for them.if you already have subscribers list you could tell them how many people you have in your list.just be honest

regards
jess gill

Matt Wolfe
12-17-2009, 04:45 AM
I know that this is an older thread and I'm not sure if the OP is even monitoring it anymore...

Here's what I do...

Whenever I promote a product at all, I take screenshots of everything. I take screenshots of my paypal or clickbank (or however I get paid) as well as screenshots of my click-thrus on Aweber and any leaderboard type thing that I may be on.

This is great for two reasons...

1. I keep great track and proof of what products I've promoted and I keep them organized. I can then later analyze what sort of products my list responds to as well as keep track of my growth and success over time.

2. I have images that I can e-mail to people to prove that I am a legit marketer that can get results. As long as I come off sincere and show them proof that I can generate sales, I can usually get a review copy.

My advice to the OP is to promote a launch of a product that you A. either own already or B. don't own but think will sell well and then just keep track of your results as proof for when you want favors from potential JV partners.

I hope that helps some... It works great for me.

Matt