PDA

View Full Version : Secret to *Extremely* Mini-Launch

Desmond Ong
10-29-2009, 04:39 AM
Hi folks,

It's been some time since I posted something here.

I just mailed out to my subscribers to inform them about "newbies can do anything". I was in a discussion with a couple of new marketing friends of mine and they claimed that product launches are not for newbies -- which is something I disagree on.

Right after I leave the dating business, my business partner was struggling with the mini-launch and asked for my help. At that time, he was already 2 days before launch day. So, as you can see, he was pretty desperate.

He of course, doesnt want to screw up this launch, so I asked him to implement a simple launch strategy that has works wonders: DOING LIVE BROADCAST.

I made a video on my blog here if you want to read more:
http://desmondblog.com/newbies-can-do-product-launch-too/
(No ads or whatever)

That's right, we did 1 webinar during the day before launch, 1 on the day after launch, another one before we close our launch special. A total of 3 webinars. The results? $8,000 from just a list of 1,200 people.

Of course, it's not a million dollar, but I am very confident we can scale this up.

Cheers guys.

jhornung
10-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Desmond,

Thanks for the video, the tips on doing the webinar 1 day after a launch is great!

Jason

smplylvn
10-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Very interesting post Desmond. I watched the video and it to was informative. I really like all the different ideas that are shared here.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tony Marriott
01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Crackin' stuff,

I am at the (very) early stages of two launches and this has been invaluable.
It has given me a slightly different view than before , which is always good.

cheers

Mike Merz
01-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Great stuff, Desmond.

I don't think it's a matter of product launches not being for newbies as much as, IMHO, newbies should look at 'their house' and make sure they know the basics of doing business Online and selling before they 'put the cart before the horse', so to speak. ;)

We've all been newbies, and I'm sure we can all agree that at one time or another we tried to run before we could walk, present company included. You're worth much more to your own ongoing progress and others you wish to network with when your own house is in order, and you're honestly ready for the task at hand.

Cheers,

Mike

Mitch-Sanders
01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks desmond, this too has really helped me. :)

A Afaneh
01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Great info Desmond .I never thought to do a webinar in the last day of the launch

Desmond Ong
01-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys. ;)

Sorry for the bad English though. I am improving day by day. (By watching American movies and tv shows all the time :D )

We will be testing this technique again in internet marketing niche and another secret niche in 2010.

Really this is a very bad video that I made in like 5 minutes without any script. I just simply present it. :P but the concept is there. :)

Cheers

Carlo DeAgazio
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Hey Desmond,

I am just about to wrap up the creation stage of my product. And I was thinking about doing a "mini-launch". Instead of a "bribe with PLR" I was thinking of having an open house where they get free access to the course. I don't plan on giving away all the content... but majority, however my niche is the "website creation" "learn html/design" "wordpress for first timers" and I created a set of templates that are more so dynamic websites, with instruction videos and the whole shebang.

So I will not let anyone download my source files... could this be an alternate approach? That way the visitor sees what they are getting, then they are allowed to sign up on launch day.

Of course it would be by opt in to gain the open house access.