PDA

View Full Version : Content in Multiple places

smplylvn
10-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey everyone,

I have a question that I could use a little feedback on.

I have been working with a few programs to learn how to make some extra greenbacks and my question is if I am using blogger to post a product review or even Squidoo should I copy my content and repost in each service?

I also have a couple websites, should I also post the content on my site in a relevant category as an article or post?

or

When I am trying to utilize my content should I make some changes to each place I post it?

Look forward to hearing back!

Thanks,

Jeff

citrus
10-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey Jeff,

It won't hurt, but it may not help either. The reason is because you won't get a duplicate content penalty because that only applies to dupe content on the same domain, but Google might see the same article on two sites and only give love to one of them, which means that you wasted time putting up that other one.

Google won't catch every single one, so if you put up an article on a hundred sites, it might catch a chunk, but definitely not all of them.

In the end, I would recommend creating unique content simply because Google will like it and your human visitors will like it too. Imagine searching for something, clicking on 10 different links, and getting the exact same article 10 times!

Best,
Curtis

smplylvn
10-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Curtis,

Thank you, great point about doing a search and reading the same content over and over. I did not even think about that!

I will keep this in mind!