PDA

View Full Version : How to best use a 30k website owners list

Rob Barclay
10-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi,

I have two lists one of which is Joomla website owners and is 13k of members the other is 18k of Website owners who have listed there site on my directory (which includes many SEO firms who are doing seo for their clients)

In those two niches I would think many types of products related to marketing would be good, does anyone have experience of marketing to these niches as to which types of products they feel would work best?

Thanks

Rob

Jeff Heath
10-03-2009, 12:04 PM
It is hard to say... but I think I would send out a subtle survey for what is on their mind. What do you think? I am one to use facts because trying to guess what they want always seems to come back and bite me..
Jeff Heath

glasshalffull
10-05-2009, 03:27 PM
With the Joomla list you can get into some joomla forums and find the hot topics, key phrases , then goto Survey monkey and create a free survey for them to fill out to shape your product ideas. The 18 K. listsounds like it's not quite as specific as this joomla list, so you might do a free survey where you're just trying to narrow down a more specific market.

This would be the best way to get started creating products for your markets by simply asking them what they want

Andy Havens
10-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Rob,

I agree entirely with both Jason and Jeff - ask them.

A lot depends on the kind of folks on your lists but I might tend to be a bit more vaugue on what I ask too. In other words instead of asking what types of products they are interested in - I might ask where could they use the most help. What would you like to see from my emails/newsletters?

Think more in terms of the relationship you are building with your subscribers - this stuff isn't a one-time deal but you can ask them different things again and again.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Greg Jacobs
10-06-2009, 12:43 PM
This may not be a popular reply, but I say forget the survey and hit the ground running. You know who they are - give them what they want.

What do webmasters want?

Tools that help them increase efficiently and make money.

so lets take a look quickly at each list.

Joomla List - These guys are going to be a little thick and you are going to need to target products robust in "features" Things that they can come to their own conclusion that it is useful to them. Maybe something like Clicktale (they are with SAS 40% payouts) or maybe keyword discovery or some hosting company with nice specials - (like a VPS) Think almost b2b sounding tools and of course.. . . joomla specific stuff.

Directory list - funny, my spam email is on one of these, ezweb tools or something and the guy slams the email box (i opted in) maybe 5 times a week with whatever swipe copy he can find. he musta have emailed me about keyword elite with the same swipe about 20 times already lol (is this you!!!)

Is is effective? Well not for me, because I am not your target market, however I suppose this guy figures that all these people are just dropping their email to get a "free link" and therefore basically anonymous and unfocused and might as well slam the list until they convert or go away.

Its a strategy, though one could also take the same opportunity to build yourself up as a cult of personality and turn it into a weekly newsletter that you interlace useful content along with relevant affiliate links ( though I suppose that takes alot more work than just pasting swipe copy and burning the list)

Garland Coulson
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi,

I have two lists one of which is Joomla website owners and is 13k of members the other is 18k of Website owners who have listed there site on my directory (which includes many SEO firms who are doing seo for their clients)

In those two niches I would think many types of products related to marketing would be good, does anyone have experience of marketing to these niches as to which types of products they feel would work best?

Thanks

Rob

If you don't have any products to offer right now, I would start with resale rights products and affiliate products from ClickBank.

We have a membership web site with access to over 270 resale rights products you can sell to this group at 100% profit. The web sites are all uploaded for you and our system handles digital deliver of the product. You just enter your PayPal email address.

Alternative, you should look at ClickBank for products of interest to these lists and send them something every week.

Both of these work great for my lists.

olivier glaudy
10-10-2009, 02:22 AM
Hello, i think an ask campaign would be the way to go to narrow their needs in order to find what to market them and how. Get with me if you need more help or details: ralphlorenn@gmail.com