PDA

View Full Version : How To Show Up In Google

Jermaine Litt
09-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey, after you set up your site how do you get your actual site to show up fast in google using SEO? I would like to be able to capture multiple spots on google top ten for my keyword once I get my site in.

Vincent Sparreboom
09-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Do you want him indexed fast or ranking high for your keywords within no time?

Indexed isn't a problem, just bookmark your site a at several social sites.

Ranking high for a particular keyword can be more difficult. One keyword, long tail.... there are many books written about SEO. This isn't something that can be explained in a simple forum post, you have to be more specific.

euhlir
09-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Getting indexed is one thing, but ranking is completely different.

To get indexed as Vincent said post on social bookmarking sites and comment on high traffic blogs. This will get the spiders crawling your pages.

For SEO I recommend doing an easy google search for information. It's too much information to cover in a single post, and there's advice on that literally everywhere online.

zach widmayer
09-30-2009, 12:43 AM
To follow up the initial question and maybe get more content within this post. Could you provide your top 5-10 tips for ranking hihger in Google? or any form/variation on this question. Thanks.

Business39
09-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Ranking isn't done so easily,

But it depends on what niche your site is..

Something like a site about massages and things like that is not as competetive as a site about making money online ..

Please post more info about your product/site and keywords you want to use..

Daniel0604
09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
This all depends on the kw your trying to rank for. If you search it and theres 5 million pages on that kw, then good luck. However, if there's maybe 100,000 you have a better shot. It may be difficult to get your actual site listed, so you may want to write articels or blogs on that kw that may get ranked high and lead back to your site. Also when you do things like forum posts, blogs, and articles that all have an anchor link to your site, you get high quality backlinks that will help to rate your site higher.

shonc
10-01-2009, 01:43 AM
One of the ways I continually get my sites indexed (not ranked) fast is by social bookmarking.

wongie
10-01-2009, 06:51 AM
social boomarking, blogging, video sites!

owbg
10-19-2009, 12:04 AM
How about submit some article to ezine article directory or hubpages ? These are high PR sites. Both sure index fast on google if approve. I have tried bookmarking but that doen't do well recently even for wordpress site. :)

Steven Yap

Lovina
10-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Indexed:

As mentioned above: Social Bookmarking, 10 bookmark at least.

If you have platinum account at ezinearticles, try to post 3 articles, it will approved fast, Google will index the articles and follow the link to your site, and your site indexed.

Submit your RSS feed to RSS aggregators. Don't have RSS feed? There is a solution, create one. How? Follow the instruction here: feedage.com/html2rss

Get ranked:

Place your link in as many high PR do follow sites over time.

If your chosen keywords under 1 million competing pages, usually 250 high pr backlinks suitable.

FernandoEscobar
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Social bookmarking site are great.

One that I stumbled on is Slideshare.com. I was really surprised how quickly Google indexed my presentation on that page. Another one that greatly reduces time is socialmarker.com

But the secret, in MHO, is be consistent when writing posts. Always submit them to those 5-10 social bookmarking services and you'll see great results, consistently.

Linda Brown
10-26-2009, 06:52 PM
I agree as well... social sites, bookmarking sites, video sites = fast indexing in google. :-)

Russell Lowrey
10-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Do a google search LSI ( Latent semantic Indexing ) it will give you some good ide.on what you need to do on your site to better rankings

Chris Douthit
10-27-2009, 01:36 PM
When you first get set up your main concern is to get your site crawled and indexed, but merely being found is not the answer, you want your site to rank high for key phrases that searchers use when using the search engines. Your site may be indexed, but found very deep in the search results page, you will need to tune your website for the best search phrases possible.

Each search engine has its own spider and each spider works in a different manner. Some may not like what they see and leave the site without finishing, you don’t want that! Make it as easy as possible for the spider when it finds your site. You can do this by

• Put the important text at the top of the page.
• If you need to include large amounts of java script or any other code insert this at the bottom.
• Make sure you do not use broken or incorrect code.
• Include links on your website so the spider has a clear path to follow.

Going after a highly competitive phrase is a good goal. But if you don’t think you will be able to achieve success with such a phrase it will prove to be a great service to your site to change your keyword optimization to a less competitive key phrase.

Continuing to build links is one of the most important aspects in scoring your website. Not only do you need outgoing links from your site, you also need inbounds links from other relevant sites.

These inbound links are critical, not only does it show the spider how to find and crawl through your website, but the more often your site is found the more inbound links the search engine will notice you have. The more inbound links you have the easier your site is to find and the higher your search engine score.

So how do you get inbound links?

Social site, bookmarking sites and video sites are all great ways to get back links, but they all take a distant second to article marketing.

Writing articles and posting them to article directories is a highly effective way to get quality back links. In addition it’s a highly profitable way that many online marketers use today to make a full time living.

Every time you post an article you are allowed to include a recourse box with your article. In your recourse box you are allowed to insert links, the number of links differs between article sites, but most allow you at least 3.

In addition, the article you are going to post should be on the topic your website covers, so the link from the article will be highly relevant and will assist in telling the search engine exactly what your website is about increasing your search engine score even more. Do this enough times and mix it in with other linking strategies and you will be well on your way to a first page listing.

Howard Young
10-28-2009, 05:17 PM
In addition to Chris' post (without being too techie), take a quick peek and be sure your homepage isn't loaded with css code near the top of the source code.

Remove, or have someone remove, the css to an external file to make it easier for some of the spiders to crawl once they're on your site.

Good luck!

Howard

Searchnology
11-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Google spiders sites with higher PageRank(PR) more often than those with lower PR so if you have a choice prioritize the site with higher PR. PR7 or higher sites will get your link indexed in within 2 days usually.

karthik Ramani
11-02-2009, 03:24 AM
yes google ranks your site soon if you get a keyword rich review and a back link. But getting back link from a PR6 or PR7 site is not that easy..

Some tips for getting the back link.

If they have a comment section , you can leave a comment with your back link. but many people would have left comments similarly and if there are many link backs from same page it will not contribute towards higher ranking.

You can watch godaddy auctions to buy domains with high page rank put up a immediate page with reviews about your site , best thing is to install a wordpress there and with different previous dates you can make posts related to your niche and linking it to your site alone.. But be careful to watch out for fake page ranks.. you can check whether a page rank is genuine or fake using digpagerank.com

Though this is not a permanent solution but its a immediate way to get your site indexed in google soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik Ramani

Shane O Driscoll
11-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Simply the steps I take to get my site indexed within anywhere between 24-48 hours:

1. I like to create wordpress sites...google seems to like them.

2. Activate all in one seo plugin.

3. Activate Google sitemaps xml

4. Title Tags should contain relevant keywords.

5. Create Unique content for your website

6. Make sure you use your keyword within the page, however do not over do it!

7. LSI keywords are an excellent way to give you a higher SEO score - Use them!

8. Place google analytics onto your site, google crawls your site to verify.

9. Submit your website to google webmaster - This basically telling google now that you are serious about ranking.

10. Lets just top it off by submitting to another google website- Feedburner- submit your feeds to feedburner. This is in the form of http://www.yoursite.com/feed

11. Ping your site map and site at pingomatic.

12. Ping your site at pingoat

13. Very important step- Google likes to keep up to date with what is going on so this is why google wants to know whats popular and what should be ranking.

Social bookmarking. Submit your website to 20 Social bookmarking websites. I use social poster.

For a free service use social marker

These steps will guarantee you get indexed!

Remember you want to get your site into google what is a better way to do so other than playing off all google's cards, so to speak!

For extra leverage....Upload a video to Youtube with a link to your site....See what I am getting at?

This should guarantee indexing. Create lots of backlinks before your site is even indexed and google will slowly find them and this will give you a super push in the search engines.

Aim high with your keywords for long term goals, however rank for less competitive terms for the short term.

Also once you are indexed create more content and also more pages.

Hope this helps!

Shane

MichelleC
11-14-2009, 06:42 AM
A fantastic tool that I have used to get a high ranking quite quickly is Wordtracker. The upgrade is worth its weight in gold. It will allow you to enter your keyword and evaluates the competition on that keyword on Google, Yahoo, MSN etc.

This will allow you to target the keywords and phrases that don't have a lot of competition which will help with you ranking.

I use this daily and used this for my meta tags and for saving myself a small fortune on Adwords.

All the best,

Michelle

Antony Le
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Guys, try using this... http://www.affmastermind.com/toolbox/quickindex/index.php?domain=cmlprosports.com&open=manual

it helps indexing of your site faster...

Tony Marriott
01-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi,

If this is your first website (and it sounds like it is) you need to look at the keywords you want to rank for.
For a first timer this is the absolute most important point. Identify 5-10 keywords that have low competition but reasonable search volumes. Go for low competition first. If you rank for a keyword (even if there are few searches) it will prove you can do it and you will be spurred on to make it work and make money. Get keywords that are hard to rank for (even with loads of traffic) and you will fail, possibly get demoralised and give up. Success is not always about the money, especially in the early days of learning this trade.

best of luck

Tony

Chris Jenkins
01-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Also a high PR site is Squidoo. Links from there can boost you up in the Google ranking especially if used in conjunction with social bookmarking as mentioned above.

Hopes this helps,

Chris

kane
01-09-2010, 01:21 AM
That's some good advice, Howard. I've thought about that before myself but haven't heard anyone else discuss it yet.

At least with WordPress most folks should be safe from that problem :)

In addition to Chris' post (without being too techie), take a quick peek and be sure your homepage isn't loaded with css code near the top of the source code.

Remove, or have someone remove, the css to an external file to make it easier for some of the spiders to crawl once they're on your site.

Good luck!

Howard

chris busa
01-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Here is what I do to get my site listed fast in the search engines and works usually every time. If you want to own multiple spots on the first page then follow these steps for each site.

this is time consuming but can be outsourced or you can use software to automate this.

First create accounts at article directories and web 2.0 sites preferably using your keyword as the username.

here are some recommended sites bellow

article directories:

ezinearticles
goarticles
isnare
articlebase

web 2.0 sites:

tumblr.com
livejournal.com
wordpress.com
wetpaint.com
squidoo.com
hubpages.com

after you create your accounts at these sites pick which one you want to use as your focus hubs, these will be the other sites you want to gain multiple listings for. We will concentrate on these site to build our back links to including our main money site

Next your are going to need unique articles to post at these sites that are all optimized with your keyword that you want to rank for, with links pointing to your main money site with your keyword used as the anchor text for the link.

Make sure you use unique titles for each site and your main keyword is at least in the title and first sentence. Ok after you submit your unique articles to each of these sites you want to copy the URL's of each and the RSS feeds of each site.

Next you want to ping all of your sites you can use free ping services such as:
pingomatic.com
pingninja.com
ping.in

Go to one of these sites and enter in your title of your article and the url and rss feed and hit ping, do this for all the sites you just created.

Next you will want to create some social bookmarking accounts you can use service like onywire which is free if you host it on your blog or socialmarker.com which is a semiautomated process and maybe the best choice.

anyway create your accounts at these site using your keyword as the username, you then want to bookmark your urls at each of these sites but make sure they all have unique titles and descriptions. After you bookmark your urls you want to ping your bookmark urls too and follow the same ping steps as before.

Ok so now we got our focus hubs up let the search engines that they are there and now its time to make them stand out as authority sites. So guess what we are going to do next? We are going to repeat this whole process over and create new accounts at these site with new user names still using are keyword with a new variation of it.

But this time when we post our articles to these sites we will point our links to our focus hubs using our keyword as the anchor text.

I admit this method does take time to do but can really pay off for you and you can own the whole first page for your keyword. IF you want to take this a step further you can create web 2.0 profile sites and what you do at these sites is create a profile and they allow you to leave a link to your site but you can use a keyword as anchor text.

here is a list of some of these sites:

naymz.com
webring.com
linkedin.com
topix.com
answers.com
wikidot.com
zug.com
kongregate.com
mediapost.com
shopstyle.com
videojug.com
nexo.com

this process is all about building relevant liks back to your sites so it becomes a authority site

hope this helps and was not to confussing

-Chris

RyanMoran
01-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Good thread.

One of the best posts I've seen on getting articles ranked in Google is on Kelly Felix (the Rich Jerk) blog:

http://kellyfelix.com/happy-new-year/

Maulana Tasaufi
01-13-2010, 08:05 AM
You can get ranked easily by using LinkWheel.
LinkWheel is hot right now.
You might want to try this free tool: http://www.linkbuilder-pro.com/

elishahong
01-14-2010, 01:26 AM
Kelly Felix's blog is a good resource Ryan and hey it's been awhile!. Thanks for posting that.

Lot's of good posts here but most of the article sites doesn't "stick" too long on Google since there's this
"Google Dance"

I'd like to add that there are free press release / ad sites that get ranked well as well.

Here are just some that I like most:

http://free-press-release.com (Use the $1 version or pay a little more for best results.)
if you write a good one, they will syndicate another release for you for free.

http://prlog.org

http://usfreeads.com (use paid version is good too)

and finally a good paid service such as http://prweb.com

Also, remember VBulletin boards that are highly indexed on Google, a popular one like the Warrior Forum just gets updated on Google instantly.

And to some extent the freeadvertisingforum dot com by Michael R seems to work.

Becky jenkins
01-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Great tips here, I will be using as many of them as possible, thanks. I use Market Samuri for finding long tail key words, evaluationg competition on those words, you can get it on trial for about 2 weeks, well worth it.

Regards
Beckt

mikencm
01-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Hi Jermaine,

I did a little study in October of last year combining data from Clickbank products in the IM niche and Google listing positions and put together some info. If anyone is interested I can explain how I got it. The list below is from a spreadsheet and it's hard to format in its entirety here, but the list below represents the most common domains showing for an aggregate of top CB products.

If you are trying to dominate the front page of Google, in addition to having your own site or pre-sell or review page showing, it would be wise to post material on these domains optimized for your keyword terms. I can't say that I dominate Google for every product I promote, but I have held 4 out of the top ten positions for a number of top product launches using these feeder sites to my main money pages.

ARTICLEBASE (15)
HUBPAGES (14)
EZINEARTICLES (13)
DOCSTOP (13)
JUMPTAGS (12)
MIXX (11)
SLIDESHARE (10)
GOARTICLES (9)
DIGG (9)
SQUIDOO (8)
CLIPMARKS (8)
ZIMBIO (7)
ARTICLEALLEY (6)
GATHER (5)
A1ARTICLES (5)
FEEDAGG (5)
USFREEADS (4)
FOLKD (4)
FREE-PRESS-RELASE (3)
KEWEGO (2)
XOMBA (2)
QUIZILLA (2)
BLOGGER (1)
PRWEB (1)
KABOODLE (1)
ARTICLEDASHBOARD (1)
WORDPRS.com (0)

If you would like more info on how I got this list or what the number mean--just ask. But these are all good domains to use for back-links and to get listed themselves high in Google.

Additionally, remember--Google can not only read text and HTML, she can read .pdf, .doc. and .ppt files as well. You can create PDF files for example, host them up and back-link the heck out of them and they can show in Google as well. Just another way to take up valuable Google real estate and keep competitors off the front page.

Hope that helps--Mike

Robbie Smith
01-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Just to put in my little bit, on page optimization.

Always ensure that you use h1 h2 & h3 tags, and bold your keywords on the page. Always make sure your content is relevant to your keyword/keyword phrase, and when you do your keyword research, always try to get some long-tail keywords that you can embed in your body text. Simple stuff I know, but if you don't know then you don't know, and simple stuff really does help. Try looking at the source code of some of the sites out there.........................

Michael McMillan
02-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Another tip is to go to YaHoo Site Explorer and enter the URLs of your top ten competitors for the keyword phrase you are targeting. You can see all (well, most of the back-links for them and get back-links there yourself. You can often find hundreds of such back-link sites. You will find many more back-links with YSE than using "link:" with Google.

I won't get into the LSI thingie here--most people don't believe there is such a thing. But I can assure you there is. Not only will using LSI help your money pages rank better, it can drastically help your articles show better in Google. Use it in your video descriptions as well!