PDA

View Full Version : can this be done how i structured it? (upsell)

glasshalffull
09-15-2009, 06:32 PM
testing a product with ppc right now to increase conversions and already have the product and an upsell for that product approved and ready to go in clickbank but as I was looking at the linking structure of the pages I realized something might not work here. Let me know if there is a way to make this work.

with CB product 1 on the salespage when the customer clicks the buy now button, they pay for product 1 and then they are redirected to....

CB product 2 salespage where they can agree to buy the upsell with the order button or they can click the link below it to just goto CB product 1 download page.

If they take the upsell, they then pay for the 2nd product (separate transaction from 1st product) but are then directed to a different download page where they can get both product 1 and 2.

Here is my problem: If both products are listed in CB what if someone clicks on CB product 2 salespage from CB without viewing or buying product 1? they would then be able to scroll to the bottom of the page, and just click the link to receive cb product 1 without paying

How can I solve this? Since both products have to be listed in CB how can i make the 2nd product salespage only available to be seen when someone purchases cb product 1?

is there a way to "hide" a product from people searching for products to buy from CB in general so that the 2nd product cannot be promoted by itself?

hope this makes some sense

thanks for any help

Mike Hersh
09-16-2009, 05:38 AM
Hey Jason,

The second product should not appear on the marketplace.

Have you saw your product listed?

If it's not listed than all you have to do is to create two different sales pages with two OTO and sell every product individually.

In your Clickbank account you should create three products. One will be product A, and the second will be product B.

The last one will be product C which is both of them.

Now you should be able to direct people who upgraded to product C.

Hope this helps,

Mike G

P.S

I hope I got you OK. If not than please explain better so I could understand you.

glasshalffull
09-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey Mike, thanks for helping me with clickbank.

T answer your question, I have both of the products approved and activated but i can't see them when i do a search in the marketplace.

Site Status is activated and products are approved but i can't find them at all. I sent a message to the CB rep.

If i have the 2 products in 1 CB account will the affiliates be able to signup for both products so that they can receive commission for both or are they automatically signed up for all products in 1 CB account? I guess I'm confused as to how the CB account-site-product structure works.

thanks

Mike Hersh
09-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Hey Jason,

I know what will help you understand better.

Affiliates will not be able to promote your second product unless you've paid $49 or so to list it on the marketplace.

The second product can only be used as an upsell.

To make things even more clear, for product B you can just create a second payment button for people to pay the upsell price.

That means that if you want to use your upsell (product B) you'll should have two approved products, when one is the front end product and the second is the upsell product.

Hope this helps,

Mike G

P.S

If you still have trouble be more specific.

P.P.S

Try to look for your product like this.

"product name" or "your marketplace title" which you can find in your account.
I just hope that you didn't forgot to add those details in your account.
You can check that the details are there by going to "account settings" under "my site".
Please don't count that it's there without checking cause I had a case where I filled everything and I didn't founf it there after 10 days. I needed to create everything again and send for approval.

Cheers.