PDA

View Full Version : I think I just got google slapped!

Andrew Bailey
09-11-2009, 09:33 AM
I just received an email from google saying that they wont explain why my account has been suspended and that they have every right to do so without explaining anything. I am really pissed off at the moment. Non of my ads are running and I really have no idea why. They're not offensive or anything. I just copied ads as an affiliate like everyone else does.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, is there anything I can do about it?

Cheers :'(

charleskirkland
09-11-2009, 10:54 AM
What you got was beyond slapped. javascript:replaceText('%20:o',%20document.forms.p ostmodify.message);

You should always have backup adwords account even if you aren't doing anything wrong.

But doing what you did is very wrong. You could even get sued over the ads. I know somebody who just won a hige case because of it.

There is a world of traffic beyond Google.

Thanks
Charles

Andrew Bailey
09-11-2009, 11:06 AM
not sure what you mean by that Charles. When you sign up as an affiliate to promote their products, you are usually given a list of keywords, banner ads, email texts etc as well as the google ads they have used for advertising. How did I do anything wrong, or am I missing something here?
cheers

charleskirkland
09-11-2009, 11:09 AM
If the jv gave you the ad that's fine.

What I'm talking about is just seeing an ad and copying it word for word.

That is a big no-no with Google.

Charles

Andrew Bailey
09-11-2009, 11:13 AM
oh hell no..i wouldnt do that. Ive been around in business long enough to know thats a big no no in any business or industry. :)

charleskirkland
09-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I would suggest getting a new account in you business name.

FlipMyPLR.com
09-15-2009, 02:33 AM
they may have linked your account to a previous adwords account somehow.. email/name/cc/address/IP

LeRoy
09-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi, the same thing happened to me about a month ago. I made contact with Google support and was told they were "reviewing all my ads" but did not want to say why.

My ads got activated about a week later after a couple of e-mails to Google support.
The key is not to get irritated when communicating with them but be persistent. I found them quite reasonable.

Le Roy

Brittany Lynch
01-17-2010, 03:19 AM
persistance is definitely key....but adwords is rarely slapping people any more at this point...more often then not they are banning adwords users for life if they have violated terms of service in ever one campaign..be more careful than ever to build out a campaign that follows googles terms of service. It would definitely hurt to be banned for life from AdWords.

Ryan Ringold
01-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately, there are thousands of people getting banned that cannot understand where or how they are violating the TOS of Google. I've gone through it with a fine tooth comb for clients and really do not understand what the violation is.

If you are going to try to open a new account, then you need to go the whole 9 yards. Different CC #, different billing address, new IP, different name, etc. You don't want to change 90% of the info and them have them figure out it is still you... the one they banned. Let's then not forget to get rid of or change your Google Analytics code too!