PDA

View Full Version : listed on first pageof google

Andrew Bailey
08-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Does anyone remember the feeling you got when your website was listed on the first page for the first time on Google? That happened to me for the first time a while ago and I nearly cried as I was over the moon! It made me realize that all those hours of work behind the keyboard actually do pay off. I'd be interested in hearing anyone else's experiences with this. :)

Cheers

Chris Douthit
08-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Getting your first page listing on the first page of Google is a great thing. Every day it gets a little harder as there are more sites getting indexed and looking to pump you down. Its also not just a onetime set and forget, now that your indexed on page one you need to stay on top of your site listing and monitor your competitors progress around you.

The formula I use for search engine placement always seems to work wonders on Yahoo. I typically can pull any site in a top 5 listing on Yahoo if I put effort into it, but Google seems to be a bit more picky. If I make adjustments in order to improve my Google listing it can pull my Yahoo listing down.

I just made a couple of adjustments to a site 3 weeks ago and pulled my listing from number 19 to number 4 in Yahoo. The extra free traffic from my efforts always puts a smile on my face.

Mike Hersh
08-19-2009, 03:09 AM
I manage to break to the final 3 with lots of my affiliate websites. It all depends on how much time you are willing to invest, and of course, what's the outcome.

Before I do any SEO at all for any of my websites I check if it's really worth my time...

As you probably know, time is $$$.

I wish you the best of luck, and keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Mike G

joel chue
08-21-2009, 02:48 AM
The first time I got my site ranked #1 on Google was several years ago...

It took me 3 months of work using very rudimentary link building techniques... and yes, I was overjoyed when it ranked. In fact, that site has allowed me to build a 10k list in that particular niche.

My understanding of SEO has improved over the years... where my primary focus is on Google. I share similar results with Chris though.

I can rank on Google and MSN (it comes naturally) but usually don't do very well for Yahoo... but I can do without Yahoo at the moment.

Those memories...

Andrew Bailey
08-22-2009, 02:28 AM
Thanks Mike, appreciate it :)

Business39
09-30-2009, 05:31 PM
I hope i get there some day ::)

But yeah , hard work does pay off

Keep it up!