PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys! Yes, I'm new, but I do have ligitamite questions lol

Linda Jessogne
08-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Linda and I'm kind of new to this whole IM thing. I've been doing this for about a year and a half and I think I've finally got it figured out. But I don't. The internet is such a vast world, ever-changing in what people like and dislike that it's kind of hard to make it. Most of those who try, fail due to not learning enough, not having enough time, or they just end up giving up because it is such a changing market that they can't keep up.

There, now that the rant is over, I am trying to get my new site up and running, and seem to have gotten it. The only problem is that I have been having issues with people mailing for me. I know I'm new to this site, but I was on WF for quite some time until recently.

I have been mailing for a lot of people and they say they are going to mail for me, but they don't. My boyfriend is in the business, in fact he's the one that helped set up my site and taught me most everything I know about IM. Now, I'm a nice person, so I don't like to go get into people's faces and stuff, it's just not my style. I'm sweet...(LOL when you get to know me, you'll find out that I can be devilish when I want to be, but I'm mostly sweet;))

These people who were suppose to be mailing for me weren't. I was not getting any hops from any of them and it was very discouraging. Here I am, fresh to this world, and they kinda blew me off. I've emailed and emailed, and have gotten no where with them. So, in turn, I have decided not to use WF unless absolutely necessary. My boyfriend told me about this site and how everyone was a lot nicer and they like to get to know you a little better before mailing for you, so here I am.

Now, after rambling on, I actually do have a question...I have a product up and running in clickbank. I'm wondering if I should do some kind of big launch of this product to let more people know about it, or just leave it like it is and just get JV partners?

Thanks for reading...sorry for rambling...and I hope to hear from you soon!

Linda Anne

Richard Adams
08-29-2009, 04:28 AM
Hi Linda,

Welcome to the site. First things first - I am a big fan of the WF and eblieve you can not only learn a lot there but also meet some great people so I wouldn't give up on it just yet. The folks there are a lot friendlier than some other forums and are of a higher calibre than some other marketing forums (excl. this one of course!). Well worth keeping your account there and checking in from time to time.

As to the launch - the choice is really up to you. Getting a good launch going can be quite a challenge, and as you have found - recruiting people to work with is one of the biggest challenges.

I have launched a number of products over the years and while this is just my own experience, where it is a niche that I am new to, unless my product literally blows everything else out of the water, then a soft launch can work well.

Your sales might be slower, but over time you can gain traction. People will notice you. You will make sales. Affiliates will find you on Clickbank. Other product owners will approach you asking to JV with them. And as you build up these contacts of customers, affiliates and potential JVs a relaunch, or launching a new product in that space, gets easier and easier. You have resources you can leverage. When all you have is a product, you have to try and leverage the resources of other people, which is often far harder.

On the flipside, a big product launch can be hard to get going, but can provide an instant payday for you.

What niche is your product in? Are you established in that niche?

And have you also considered what you are offering your JV partners? Have you send them a free copy to review, offered a generous commission etc.? Consider the situation from their perspective and decide if there is anything else you can do for them to make it a "no brainer" to promote you. What would get *you* excited enough to promote a new product?

All the best,
Richard

Dennis Rosenberg
09-02-2009, 06:15 AM
Two ideas you may or may not have already thought of:

If you have back-end products to follow-up with, then offering a 100% affiliate commission on your lead product in order to build your customer list can be very persuasive to affiliates and move you to the top of their "to-do" list.

Can you create a continuity product that can pay-out ongoing commissions to your affiliates? Even if just a percentage of your customers take it (coaching program, ongoing membership site, etc.), this can be more appealing to affiliates than a one-time pay out only.

Hope this helps stimulate your creativity to other ideas for motivating affiliates.

Regards,
- Dennis

toddperk
09-09-2009, 05:31 PM
If you have back-end products to follow-up with, then offering a 100% affiliate commission on your lead product in order to build your customer list can be very persuasive to affiliates and move you to the top of their "to-do" list.

I have tested this and it works wonders...great way to build your list!

Cheers,
Todd

Rob Toth
09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
A big "launch" is simply building an event and buzz around a sale/promotion...

So there's certainly no reason you couldn't do one.

Maybe add a bonus "The Special Crazy September Promotion... Reserve Your Copy Now To Get the Crazy Bonus" (please don't use the junk I just wrote there though... point is, think up a hook/story and run a sale).

Or do a "version 2" or "revised for 2009" etc promotion and "re-launch it".