PDA

View Full Version : A newbie strikes

Dan Matthews
07-29-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to the field thirsty for info and clarification. Can you kindly confirm the following statements. I understand that the first step in online marketing is to find a good niche and market. Upon choosing such a market, I then start looking for particular products to join as an affiliate. Next I will have a hop link linking to the sales page to start promoting the product. Am I correct to say that to do this, one must either send the link to an email list or else master SEO techniques so as to feature one's link on search engines?

If I already am affiliated to a product with its own sales page which does not contain an opt in feature, is it possilbe for me to include one? If the page does not allow me to do so, how can I create an opt-in to this page? (to clarify - the salespage was built by the product owner and I was only given the hoplink to it)

Thanks

Dan

Donny Gamble
07-29-2009, 07:56 PM
If I was you, I would recommend that you never direct link to an affiliate offers page just because you have no way of captures the users information. The name of the game is to build your list. Your list should be your primary focus whether you are an affiliate marketer or you run a blog. You should always make sure that you are captures the visitors name or email address at all costs.

Christopher James
08-03-2009, 04:31 PM
In my opinion, you should build your own website where you capture the names and email address of all people clicking through. I've seen people put auto responders on their page to capture the names and email address of people visiting before routing them through to the sales page of their affiliate program. The way I've seen this done is by giving people the incentive to give you their names and email addresses by offering them a free report or free relative content so that they click on the auto responder box and get directed to the affiliate sales page.

I've also seen this done using affiliate masking which directs the person who clicks to the sales page, but it will have your domain in the address bar and whatever title you put on the page. Good luck. Keep us posted with your results.

Netinvestor
08-06-2009, 05:36 AM
I mean all of you are right...i rate you to create a unique domain and report every product on this site... perfect for this is wordpress... include a newsletter signup form on your site to direct mail your clients in the future... offer them a huge bonus for sign up...and you´re a winner...

cheers Patrick

Vegas Vince
08-07-2009, 06:08 AM
I would also remind you of the most important component of all:

Sell shit people want.

That should be the starting point...but now days...it's the last thing most peeps think about.

I see assbackwards marketing being practiced and taught all the time today:

Fallacies include....

"Build it and they will come..."

"Get traffic...lots of traffic!"

"Blog...write articles....learn about RSS Feeds..."

Etc.

Etc.

The fact is.....none of it matters if you are pushing a loser of an offer that no one cares about.

Sadly....the art of the compelling "gun to the head offer"...isn't taught much anymore.....which is one of the primary reasons so many newbies enter IM and fail miserably.

xxx Vegas Vince

Netinvestor
08-07-2009, 06:20 AM
I would also remind you of the most important component of all:

Sell shit people want.

That should be the starting point...but now days...it's the last thing most peeps think about.

I see assbackwards marketing being practiced and taught all the time today:

Fallacies include....

"Build it and they will come..."

"Get traffic...lots of traffic!"

"Blog...write articles....learn about RSS Feeds..."

Etc.

Etc.

The fact is.....none of it matters if you are pushing a loser of an offer that no one cares about.

Sadly....the art of the compelling "gun to the head offer"...isn't taught much anymore.....which is one of the primary reasons so many newbies enter IM and fail miserably.

xxx Vegas Vince

hey Vince...you´re right but why most newbie fail???..it´s only because most products are telling you theories... not exactly how to do... and at the end.. there is no money money in it for them...and they try to do other things... and they will fail again..

cheers, Patrick

Dan Matthews
08-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey guys, Thanks so much for your beneficial suggestions. I highly appreciate your feedback. You're super! ;D

Andrew Bailey
08-15-2009, 11:01 AM
A lot of times too people fail at IM is because they just give up. They don't educate themselves in what it's really all about and buy crap product after crap product that tells them they will earn $2500 overnight by doing nothing or some rubbish like that. IM isn't a get rich quick business. Just like any retail or service type business, it takes time, effort and hard work to make it succeed. Why should IM be any different?

That's just my opinion on the matter. :)

Trevas Walker
08-16-2009, 11:00 PM
A lot of times too people fail at IM is because they just give up. They don't educate themselves in what it's really all about and buy crap product after crap product that tells them they will earn $2500 overnight by doing nothing or some rubbish like that. IM isn't a get rich quick business. Just like any retail or service type business, it takes time, effort and hard work to make it succeed. Why should IM be any different?

That's just my opinion on the matter. :)

I completely agree with Andrew - The main reason new marketers fail is because they don't work at it long enough to really start earning.

David Smith
08-19-2009, 05:15 PM
All the comments on this thread are being read and reviewed and stuffed in the memory banks... so thank you!! If any one were to recommend a good read for a newbie, what would it be? I am all ears.
thank you
-dave

Daniel0604
08-19-2009, 11:25 PM
To Dan:
The days of direct linking are falling out. You really need to get your own website up and running, whether it be a blog, review or presale site. In this site you can then place your email capture box (I use getresponse.com) to start to build your list. If you dont know where to start to build a site, well then, you still have a little learning to do. Pick up a few ebooks or IM courses to learn the basics then apply your own techniques. As far as website building, look into getting a freelancer at renatcoder.com or getafreelancer.com I personally like building my own blog and filling it with quality content and build my list off that. Any questions?

David
There are a lot of guides you can get to learn the basics, it really depends on what you want to do and what niche you want to take on. I have read a lot of crap so be careful.

shonc
10-01-2009, 02:35 AM
At least you have the right idea. You need to start capturing leads asap.

You have to be in control of the process.

You need to obviously research the market which usually means researching keyword
demand. Just because some one has created a product doesn't mean it'll sell or is selling.

Obviously if capturing leads is going to be your focus, you'll need the necassary components
such as:

Lead Capture Landing Page (squeeze page)
Autoresponder (Aweber,Getresponse,1SC)
Free Incentive (report,audio,video,newsletter...)
Follow Up Email ContentSeries