PDA

View Full Version : Free Vs Paid membership

soli
07-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Hi,
Need advice from your experience, what is best membership site.
free or paid. what what you had the best results ?

JeffreyChew
07-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Hi soliko katir,

Nice to meet you. I am interested in doing up a membership site and I'm a noob when coming to building a membership site. Do you have any prior experience on it?

Thanks

soli
07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
I have recently setup my membership site with butterfly marketing script.
here is my website: killcellphonebill.com it's paid membership site. I love butterfly script. send me pm and I will show you how you can get it. they have easy video instruction how to setup and config membership website.

Antony Cecil-Wright
08-26-2009, 12:54 PM
This is a really interesting question, which Mike Filsaime tackles on page 15 of the Butterfly Marketing Confidential Manuscript.

Basically, Mike recommends a FREE site with an option to upgrade. People who don't know you are more likely to sign up to a free site. They can always be upsold later in the sales funnel anyway.

You need a good, FREE front-end product so people can feel they will be getting value if they upgrade.

Also, consider the viral potential of a FREE site. People can sign up as affiliates and promote your site to their list, even if they are not personally interested in your products.

It's about spreading the word and building the list first.

:)

charleskirkland
09-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I like the free frontend and then try to convert them to buyers.

Last July Jeff Alderson and myself did a free butterfly site at www.webtoolsnow.com and we
promoted it 1 time.

So far we have over 20K members and every single day it still gets people
signing up.

They key is to make it easy to sign up and easy for someone to promote your site
after they join.

We have banners, emails, etc.

Talk soon
Charles

Dennis Rosenberg
09-02-2009, 06:05 AM
Wishlist Member is a powerful and well-designed membership site plug-in for Wordpress. If you want to use Wordpress as the basis for your site (highly recommended), then consider Wishlist Member.

I am currently running two membership sites on it quite nicely. It was designed by two very sharp guys, Tracy Childers and Stu McClaran.

charleskirkland
09-02-2009, 07:48 AM
The big key to a free membership site is that you have to make it viral and easy
for the free members to promote your product.

Charles