PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions about Joint Ventures

doriano86
07-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Dorian and I am new to this forum. I have a couple questions about joint venturing. I am currently promoting some affiliate programs, 2nd tier products at the moment.

1. When a JV sends a promotional email to their list for their product how do you have the link in the email go to a landing pg and have the JV partner get a commission?

For ex. if they communicate to their list and link to my landing pg, how would they get a commission if the visitors purchased on my autoresponder list? I would have to put their 2nd tier link in the emails wouldn't I?

2. Would I give a separate 2nd tier link to each JV partner? I think this is an obvious and stupid question but I just want to clarify.

3. Where is a good site to find 2nd tier products? It seems like a dime and a dozen on clickbank.

Thanks a lot.

Tamara
07-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi there,

I'm afraid I can just help you with your last question.
Associateprograms.com is considered the best site for two tier programs.

I will be following your thread, as I'd like to learn more myself about your other questions.

Success,
Tamara

doriano86
07-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Thank you for your reply.

doriano86
07-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for your reply.

My question was referring to me as an affiliate marketer promoting the product via joint venture deals and getting them to promote the product on their list.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions in giving JV's 2nd tier links and getting them to promote that link to their list via a promotional email?

I am wondering if I need a separate link to give each JV and to have a separate auto-responder course with each separate 2nd tier link so that the appropriate JV get's the commission?

Mike Merz
07-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Dorian,

Let me get this straight ... as opposed to being an affiliate, where you are on a single tier under the merchant and promote the product for single tier compensation ... which is generally a flat fee or % of the selling price (ala Clickbank, PayDotCom, etc.) ... you wish to refer other affiliates into the program for a second tier referral fee (ala JV Broker)?

Cheers,

Mike

doriano86
07-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Yes this is it.

Basically, I would get a % and so would the JV that is promoting the product to his list, via the 2nd tier link I provide him.

Let me know thanks.

Mike Merz
07-18-2009, 06:16 PM
... and you're looking for a network that promotes 2 tier affiliate programs, correct?

That leaves out Clickbank and PayDotCom, if you want the process to be automated through their system ... you'll have to either use an affiliate module/affiliate software that tracks multiple tiers and have the merchant pay you manually in that case.

Or you can find merchants and/or complete Networks that are actually offering 2 Tier programs and have all the tracking and processing in house.

Possible choices ...

http://www.affiliateseeking.com/2-tier-programs.html

http://www.affiliatefirst.com/txt/2-Tier/

I'd also like to make it clear that working in this capacity is far from easy ... it's actually more difficult than promoting as an affiliate on the 1st Tier, IMHO.

... but that's for me to know, and you to find out. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

doriano86
07-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi Mike and thanks for your reply.

I have read numerous materials on JV brokering and the power of doing so. I have unique ways of contacting these possible JV's and then in turn leveraging off their existing customer list and building my own.

I won't be taking the route of getting a 2nd tier link just to motivate other affiliates under me to make sales, that would be very very time consuming.

You said that 2nd tier programs are not on clickbank. Don't some products have some if you signup for their affiliate program and then get the 2nd tier info on their affiliate section? I also heard that if you contact them directly they can create one for you.

Also, the reason I am going this route is if I was promoting myself just with a 1st tier link, I would not have the ability to profit from the most powerful marketing technique, joint ventures.

Thank you very much for the links.