PDA

View Full Version : Squidoo set up

Federico Cohen
06-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Hello guys, l'm new here and in the IM as well. l'm setting up my squidoo account,but l don't know how to add my link affiliated page to the len page...Is there anybody here that could help me with that?
Thanks in advance,

Federico

Matt Dyer
06-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi Federico

I've been flapping around for the last few months online trying to squeeze some cash out of this machine. I've just recently been playing around with squidoo and had that problem too but I found a video that helped me out.

http://www.potpiegirl.com/2009/03/making-word-links-squidoo-video/

I hope this is what you were after.

Matt

Chris Douthit
06-08-2009, 12:52 AM
A site that has popped up simlar to Squidoo is Wiseweber.com. It looks new and I like the fact that they let you insert your own affiliate link for every module and collect the money directly.

Federico Cohen
06-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Hi Matt,thanks a lot for the wonderful link,mate...Great site ;D........

Hi Federico

I've been flapping around for the last few months online trying to squeeze some cash out of this machine. I've just recently been playing around with squidoo and had that problem too but I found a video that helped me out.

http://www.potpiegirl.com/2009/03/making-word-links-squidoo-video/

I hope this is what you were after.

Matt

Federico Cohen
06-10-2009, 06:46 AM
Hello Chris,l'm really happy to find guy like you here in this site,l've just signed it up and you guys already help me spread my programs. Wiseweber is really a cool site.I hope more people take a look on this topic.Thanks,mate...

A site that has popped up simlar to Squidoo is Wiseweber.com. It looks new and I like the fact that they let you insert your own affiliate link for every module and collect the money directly.

Courtney Chason
06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey Fredirico

I am new also and am learning new stuff everyday. Anyhow I just wrote a lens on squidoo and was having the same issue. What you need to do is get your affiliate link and you can shrink it and hide it thru TinyURL, it is free. Then you can copy it into an "anchor text" by inserting it in

Here is the anchor text <a href="http://www.YOURLINKHERE.org">Click here for more info</a>

When you hide or cloak your link the new link goes where it says YOURLINKHERE after you do this it will make that blue link we all see and it will say Click here for more info or what ever you type in that last part of the anchor text

Hope this helps

affiliatetrendz
06-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Good job Courtney,
I just learned that little bit of code last night when I set up my very first Squidoo lens as well! Very cool. Just wanted to mention another option like TinyURL...you can also use "bit.ly". I've been using that and works very well too.

Be well,
Will Oh

Federico Cohen
06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Very cool Courtney,thanks a lot... Well guys one more question on Squidoo set up
I CAN'T LENSROLL !!! I think it's a very important feature...my problem is: when l click the lensroll icon on save and share,when appear the next page(go back or continue) there's no sign of my lens to share...WHY CAN NOT SEE THEM?, is there something in the settings missing or what? my len is already green and searched for the right topic...really confused... l hope someone can help me with that...Thanks

mrugank
06-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Well, i have been using squidoo for a while. a great tool to use for google ranking. One solution I see is to have a link goin out from your squidoo lens to some other blog which has some more content about your respective topic and there you put your affiliate link.

P.S. Chris, thanks for the info that you have shared. Wiseweber sure looks like a cool web 2.0 property

Michael McMillan
09-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Fredrico, I take it you're new with Squidoo--so here's a tip that will help you a bit. First, determine what the main keyword phrase is that you hope searchers on Google will use to find your lens. Let's just say it is "trout fishing".

You should know that Google will only return two pages for any search from a top level domain. This means that if you do a search on "G" for "trout fishing" only two Squidoo lenses will show anywhere in the Google results. Try it, but trust me--that's the way it works.

So once you determine the keyword phrase (which will may be the name of the product you are promoting) do a Google search for that term and find the two Squidoo lenses that show. If they aren't anywhere on the first ten pages of results they won't be much competition so don't worry about them.

But suppose you find one lens on page 1 and one on page 3 of Google. Okay? Now, if you can't beat out one of these lenses for position in Google--it doesn't matter how good your lens is--it will never show on Google for that search term. So visit each lens, check the keyword density, the length of the copy on the lens, the LSI (if any) they incorporate, and--a biggie--keep your keyword density for your search term between 2.8-3.3%.

Your real competition is not only the number of competing pages returned by Google, it is the two lenses already showing on Google for that term. Ya gotta beat one of them out to get listed anywhere. Find out why they are listed and then beat the pants off of them! Good luck!