PDA

View Full Version : Your probably missing this point, and your launches are only making 1/2 for it

BrandonFredrickson
05-30-2009, 11:30 AM
I've been in the stock market and real estate niche's since 1998, getting into the business under Jeff Tappan who used to give seminars on IM way back in the day with Gary Halbert. (when 9/11 happened Jeff got reactivated to the Navy, he's now the head liason between the US Navy and Spain).

Anyway none of that helps you, but I want you to know I'm not just talking out of the back side of my body too.

There are a lot of factors that go into deciding when to launch your product, getting your JV's lined up, your own calander, fullfillment etc etc etc.

One of the most important issues though, and one I've not seen talked about too much is the seasonality of the market.

Every single industry and market has a time of year that is excellent, ok and terrible. In retail for example, they will make nearly all of their money in November and December.

What I find with stock info products is that in general the summer is terrible. In fact, we are entering into the hole, where launches literally only make half as much as they could make. The start of summer is not nearly as bad as August, which for the most part is just terrible.

There are obvious exceptions to this, and I think that John Reese had his million dollar day in August, but as a general rule if you did the exact same Launch in August or the same launch in say October, your October launch is going to trounce your August launch, even though nothing changes but the time of year.

My absolute favorite time to launch is January. I've also been involved in some health and diet product launches and this is by far the best time for those, in fact I've found January in that market to be 100% better then the next closest month (March). In the stock market January is also very good, and I would bet in your "how to make money online" info product market you will find the same thing. Why? Well pretty simple I think that people are setting their new years resolutions and so they are eager to buy the product that they think will help them turn over the new leaf.

I suspect that the big guru's in how to make money may have figured this out too because you see a ton of January/Febuary (also a good month) launches.

In general here are my findings.

January. The Best Month far and away
Febuary. Still pretty good.
March. So So (but excellent in Health and Diet)
April. bleh
May. so so
June getting into summer and starting to really slow down
July. 2nd worst month of the year
August. Dead on arival
September. Pretty good
October. Second best month of the year.
November. so so
December. bleh

-----
So these are just general (unless your in the stock market, then it's dead on and validated from hundreds of launches I've done since 1998).

The important point of this post is not so much the date's I'm giving you, but the idea that you should track EVERYTHING about your launches to improve the success, and the timing is one of the important things you should cetainly pay close attention too.

Even when I was very sick with cancer, having radiation and chemo, I did not let an October or a January get away from me without having done a launch of some kind, that's how important those two months are.

If you look at the people I do launches for, you can pretty much tell "who's who" by when I schedual them for launch.

Brandon
PS. Special occassions can work ok in the summer..for example if you have an August birthday, and you do a quick internal birthday sale type launch, those can be successful if you have a good relationship with your list.