PDA

View Full Version : Issues setting up php mailing list help please

Robert Martinez
05-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Hello everyone,

About to launch one of my sites but for some reason my mailing list doesn't work as it should.
I use php mailing list, i'm able to suscribe but it never succesfully sends the confirmation email.

All the templates are done, so pretty much I'm ready to go live with it but I'm missing something. Any suggestions? Or is there any other form of mailing list service I can use/ look into? Appreciate the help in advance.

Robert Martinez
05-19-2009, 08:23 PM
UPDATE.

Well for those of you who viewed my post, thank you.

For anyone that cares and is in a similar dilemma my web host offered Dada mail for free and i was able to install it through their c panel and it was rather simple, everything was up and running rather quickly compared to me banging my head against the keyboard with php list.

anyways two thumbs up for Dada Mail.

Mike MerzJr
05-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey Robert,

Glad to hear everything got running again. I haven't really used PHP list before, but now i'm curious to give it a shot. For running a mailer on my own machine, i've been using autoresponse plus. It's a little buggy from time to time but all in all is a solid mailer.

Sorry I got to the post so late,

Mike

Robert Martinez
05-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Its all good Mike.

The think with PHP is that I think it allows for more options to be used, but maybe it was my lack of knowledge or their lack of explanation that made configuring the list succesful. Its a great tool to have if you alread know the underlying language. lol.