PDA

View Full Version : Online Media buying - Smart v/s Waste!!

mrugank
04-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Hello Folks,

I came across this term media buying. Well, I am from the Television and radio advertising background so I am familiar with media buying when it comes to doing promos for some campaign at work for TV.

I however don't know much about online media buying ways. I have just come back from work. Exhausting day, I really am too tired to google the phrase and do some research. I thought why not ask my friends in here for some good knowledge.

;-) Mrugank

Todd Lamb
05-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Sorry to disappoint with an answer that doesn't produce a concrete result however I recall a couple who run a course on media buying and if I recall it revolves around ad servers etc... They released it around the same time as stompernet did a major release I just can't recall the name at the moment.

I believe they were making a killing at it

mrugank
05-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Oh Todd, you don't need to be sorry, my friend. anyways, if at all you recall the name, please let me know. thank You.

One more thing. What are different ways of media buying online??

charleskirkland
05-07-2009, 11:57 PM
I do about 20K a month in media buys but not in the IM niche. You will get your wallet cleaned out in the IM niche big time. javascript:replaceText('%20;D',%20document.forms.p ostmodify.message);

You need to do this in the shopping cat. and diet areas.

Other then that you need to test like a FREAK>.

You will make $$ or loose a lot of $$ all based on just a fraction of a %.

You need to have the best creative that you can get and test.

Also you need to have your own Adserver running.

Most of the players will want a 5k IO to get started.

Thanks
Charles