PDA

View Full Version : payment processor

fernando_rc
04-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi guys..
i wonder if there is any payment processor safe and reliable. Im new to this ;D and I need a way to receive my first payments..
so apart from clickbank and 2checkout.. what other resources you recommend?

that's all thanks

Mike Merz
04-26-2009, 08:30 AM
My Ol Buddy Dr. Neil Shearing has a site with 3rd Party Processing tips and recommendations ... http://www.3rdpartyprocessors.com/

Not sure how up to date it is, but it's a start. ;)

Best,

Mike

Todd Lamb
04-27-2009, 10:34 AM
A number of people have used pay dot com as well which is Mike Filsaime's

AbhishekAgarwal
04-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I am sure you have thought about Paypal?
It is the easiest way to receive payments from people.

-Abhi

elishahong
04-27-2009, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't rely on Paypal unless if it is a Business account.

I've got my Premier account suspended for doing too many transactions. It'll be released in 9 days but going for a Business account might change that.

Anyone using 1ShoppingCart.com here? Could use some thoughts on that.

Patrick Wilson
04-29-2009, 12:29 AM
I use 1shoppingcart and it's excellent. It also has an extremely reliable built-in affiliate program which really alleviates a lot of stress when it comes to setting up JVs. QuickPayPro is also a decent option in my opinion. The owner, Dustin Struckman, recently added a lot of cool features including one-click/risk-free upsell technology. Definitely worth checking out.

Mike MerzJr
04-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Clickbank and Paydotcom are both excellent ways to start processing payments online.

Each of them have their own distinct advantages.

Clickbank processes all of the payments for you. They are like a central clearing house. They pay your affiliates, deal with the tax issues, and cut you a check. A drawback for some folks would be the limit on how high of a % you can give your affiliates. Also, their refund policies are very pro-consumer.

With Paydotcom, you are using a paypal account. That will give you much more flexibility as to how you want to pay out your affiliates. It also gives you full control over your own refund policies. But, to quote good ol' uncle ben, with great power comes great responsibility. As mentioned earlier, you will have to be careful to make sure you have a paypal business account, or you might see yourself in a bit of a fight with them. The tax implications are also slightly different, as you will have to make sure you have the appropriate forms for all of your affiliates when you pay out.

Just out of curiosity, what are your goals? Are you trying to sell a physical product, a digital product, or a membership?

Jack Harold
05-17-2009, 04:04 AM
hey...just a question...can i have one product on both clickbank and paydotcom?

Alminc
05-17-2009, 04:30 AM
I use Paypal and I don't even have business account, I have verified premier account.

I've heared a lot about Paypal suspending acounts becuse of too many transactions,
but I myself didn't have such problems?

How many transactions does Paypal consider as 'too many' ?

Alminc
05-17-2009, 04:35 AM
Question about Clickbank and 2CO :

Do you have to pay a fee for each product at CB and 2CO?

jasonanderson
05-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Definitely get a PayPal account if you can. This is the most widely use method in the Internet Marketing crowd.

Are you familiar with PayPal? If you are I will spare the description and benefits.

charleskirkland
05-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Go with PowerPay and get an Authorize.NET account and you are in control of you business.
With a Authorize.NET account you get paid in about 3 day and the fee's are next to nothing when
you compare it to CB and PDC.

Plus you get the freedom to price anything without having to get somebody to approve it.

Charles

Mike MerzJr
05-24-2009, 01:16 AM
I'd have to agree with Charles if you are going to go the merchant account route.

The guys are powerpay are awesome. Every major marketer i've worked with uses them and have had excellent results. The only difference is that it is not exactly 'newbie' friendly.

You will need:
A. Merchant account (US Merchant account, power pay cannot do outside the usa)
B. Payment Gateway (Auth.net or Verisign/Payflow)
C. Programmer to set your script up to connect with those.

For your first payments, i'd say go with cb/pdc/paypal. Once you've cut your teeth a bit and are looking to get a bit more sophisticated, powerpay will be the way to go.

As for outside the US, does anyone on this forum have experience with Auth.net/Payflow with foreign accounts? I just had an absolute nightmare with a UK payment processor. I'd like to avoid a lawsuit so i won't discuss the specifics, but hooooly crap did this company mess me over.

- Mike Jr

Michael Hiles
05-25-2009, 08:36 AM
IIRC, PowerPay was actually founded around the IM with a major guru player being instrumental in the genesis of the company (Armand Morin?)

They really do know what's up with the whole IM market. +1 for them.

Thomas Cappetta
05-26-2009, 09:43 PM
I use Paypal and I don't even have business account, I have verified premier account.

I've heared a lot about Paypal suspending acounts becuse of too many transactions,
but I myself didn't have such problems?

How many transactions does Paypal consider as 'too many' ?

I don't think it is the number of transactions but the overall increase in transactions..

IF you have 2 transactions as week and then go to 100 in a day, there is a huge flag being thrown up...

but if you have 75 and go to 100, that might not cause any waves