PDA

View Full Version : Second Tier Setup

AbhishekAgarwal
04-13-2009, 02:00 AM
Hi

I understand that if i need to use the services of JVNP, i would need to set up a second tier affiliate commission.

I am not sure how to do this.

And also, i guess using a second tier is against Paypal's rules.

I plan to use Fantasos as my Affiliate management system. Is that all right? Or should I go for CB or PDC ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Abhi

mrugank
04-13-2009, 06:46 AM
Hello,

As far as my knowledge goes, u dont need to set up second tier affiliate commission to use the services of JVNP. For the record it is first time I heard anybody mention this.

Mike Merz
04-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Abhi,

2nd Tier set up is only required for non ClickBank/PDC Premium Mailings (http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/topic,26.0.html).

It is recommended that all partners follow the path laid down in READ FIRST - Understanding How JV Notify Pro Works (http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/topic,1359.0.html).

This is not simply a community that you join and immediately look for Premium Mailings ... there is a process that will no doubt benefit you the more you adhere to it.

Fellow partners like Charles Kirkland, Craig Beckta, Chris Freville, Chris Douthit, Kim Roach and others are prime examples of those that have proven that this system works .. ;)

I also mention in my personal JV Broker Terms (http://jointventures.jvnotifypro.com/jv-brokering-terms-mike-merz/) the methods used and recommended when you finally get to the Premium JV Announcement stage.

Cheers,

Mike

AbhishekAgarwal
04-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi Mike

Sorry, if i sounded like rushing things a bit fast. I had no intention of doing that!
I had read the rules, but probably i should have followed the step-by-step path laid down.

There is quite a bit of information on this site. For someone who is new to product launches, this can become intimidating.

I am not looking for premium mailings right now. While going through the forum posts and rules, I came across the concept of second-tier.

I have a product ready. It is now time for me to decide which affiliate management system should i use as my back-end...I did not want to end up setting up everything using a system that doesn't offer 2nd tier. ;)

All this was new to me, and i needed a better understanding of how things work. And hence my OP.

Your JV Broker Terms link was quite helpful. Thanks.

- Abhi

AbhishekAgarwal
04-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi Mrugank

I am new to this. I need some time to get used to this site...and maybe then i can ask more sensible questions ;)

I was always taught not to refrain from asking questions. No matter how silly they may sound. It's all a process of learning.

-Abhi

Mike Merz
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Sorry to come across a bit coarse, Abhi.

It comes from years of having to maintain forums with a bit of an iron fist to keep things on track and worthwhile to everyone else. That is why I've tried to make that introductory post very accessible ... to make the process easier to follow and understand.

BTW ... John D's Fantasos is a good affiliate management system.

I'm one of the few fans of PayPal, and wouldn't recommend taking a chance at having your account frozen, but ... you are not actively promoting a multi tier program.

The JV Broker would be the only one bringing in partners on the 2nd tier, and you would be paying them separately ... anyway.

Neither you nor your affiliates would be promoting it as a multi tier program, so I honestly don't see that as a problem.

The 2 tier aspect is never made public ... most certainly during the actual promotion and sale of the product, and is simply a convenient way to keep track.

Best,

Mike

charleskirkland
04-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi

Just think of the 2nd tier setup as the broker fee...that makes it cleaner to handle with paypal. I have used the Butterfly script and 1SC and the RAP script before to handle the 2nd tier setup and they all work great.

But Mike has a great point about paypal being a great solution for payments. I have had at one time or another about every except ClickBank & paypal frozen for doing some high volume in a short time.

Thanks
Charles

mrugank
04-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Abhi,

Sorry if I sounded condescending but the only message I wanted to put across is, dont worry my friend you dont need to set up anything to access information at JVNP.

Its a great site with very helpful people.

All the best

Mrugank

AbhishekAgarwal
04-14-2009, 04:57 AM
Thanks Mike!

Yeah, handling a forum for so many years is not easy, and i fully understand you need to be a bit stern in handling newbies...so that they do not veer away from the right path. And i think you are doing an awesome job!

Things are clearer now regarding Papal and 2nd Tier affiliate setup. True, PP should not have any problem with it since the JV broker would be getting the 2nd tier partners directly.

I will hang around more, trying to absorb as much as i can :)
The more we look around, the more we know how little we know!

-Abhi

AbhishekAgarwal
04-14-2009, 05:00 AM
Hi Mrugank

No offense meant! Thanks.

Yeah, this is indeed a great site. And the best part is...it is active and thriving with knowledge.

Take care, and see you around!

-Abhi

AbhishekAgarwal
04-14-2009, 05:07 AM
Hi Charles

Thanks. I agree with you and Mike that Paypal is really a great option. I have been using it for so many years...my only concern was the multi-level issue that they had...and this confusion has now been cleared :)

I have not personally used BM (i am still waiting for the BM 2 to come in the mail ;) ), RAP, or 1SC. I love Fantasos, and i guess i will stick to that.

On a side note, it is great to see you so active on the forum. And always willing to lend a helping hand. Kudos!

-Abhi